Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:44:05
Page:  1 
Making some connections. Started by: PeterWhite on Sep 27, '15 15:38
I handed the guy my ticket and he allowed me on board the boat. It was crammed full of immigrants, and people looking for a better life. I guess I fell under that category. The outside deck was pretty much empty except for a couple of fellas who were wearing fedoras, and smoking on cigarettes. They looked connected in some way.

The boat set sail, and I was well on my way to a new life in America. I sat myself down on the floor, and leaned up against the wall below the steps. The guys outside looked at me then started talking in whispers amongst each other. I was a little worried. Maybe they was robbers. Or maybe they was murderers which was all the more disturbing to me. One of them came over and sat down next to me.

"I'm gonna ask you some questions kid, and I want you to answer them. Don't worry, I just wanna figure what type of guy you are eh?" He said to me in a deep voice.

He asked me where I stood on bank robberies, what I'd do in a pinch, and what I think is the best way to make money. I gave him my answers and he smiles before standing up. He gave me a piece of paper with an address on it.

"Come see me at this address in a couple of days and we will talk." Said the guy. He wandered off back to his associates.

I looked at the paper then stuffed it into my pocket. I got some sleep until the boat arrived at the docks.
Report Post Tip

"Ow, shit."

Gato cursed as his toothpick slid into his gum, clearly he had been slightly over-zealous battling the slither of pastrami from lunch. He tasted blood and grumbled to himself. Lunch had been good, nothing like a hearty meat sandwich to set you up for a day at the docks. It was a priority on his list of things to do, the dock visit was second. This city had been good to him, he was glad to spend some time out in the fresh air and appreciate the bustle of those actually working for a living.

A horn blast scattered gulls sat on the sea front, who cried at the sky as they soared over the workers heads. Gato looked at the arriving ship from immigration, those seeking a new life nestled on board, eager, afraid, uncertain.

All around him, people were coming and going, vendors, dock workers, you families, old families and a young man hauling a suitcase, trickling a suspiciously white substance, towards the arriving boats. 

"Amateur..."

His attention turned to the arrivals, disembarking having finally reached the land of opportunity. As the first of the crowds began their journey, stepping down onto American soil, Sam stood upright, cleaned off his hat, and began scanning the crowd for his next associate. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Making some connections.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL