Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 08:11:14
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Addition to Sponsorship Started by: PhelixTheSphinx on Sep 19, '09 12:24

I've been discussing Sponsorship with a few people lately, and I wanted to get some opinions on some ideas.

First off is the HQ wack button. Some say yes, some say no. I say we shouldn't, but it's needed.

My reasoning:

The sponsor is set into a position where the CL must allow them access to certain functions. This is no different then RHM/LHM. They have been given a position of power as what amounts to a Sub Crew Leader of 1.

BUT, There should be a twist here. Instead of just killing the associate, the Sponsor HQ wack would give the CL a message with full details about the HQing, as if the CL were with the Sponsor as it happened. This way the CL would know exactly what was said, when it happened, etc. They would know it was an HQ, and they could discuss matters with the sponsor/remove the sponsorship if needed.

Secondly we have the location. CLs know exactly where you are at any given time. I think the Sponsor should to.

My reasoning:

Who is the associates leader? Not the CL, the Sponsor. The sponsor is the one that is watching over the Associate. They are their liason to the family. So, who would be watching the Associate closer, the CL or the Sponsor? The Sponsor.

Thirdly there is Demotions. I would never see to it that the Sponsor be given promotion access above wise guy, but as most families already ask the sponsor their opinion, this shouldn't be an issue. Now, I DO think we should allow the Sponsor to demote THEIR associate. But, as with all other features, the CL should get a notice that it has happened, so they can discuss it with the sponsor if need be.

Opinions? More ideas?

Report Post Tip

As a CL, I would like to see the addition of 'notes' for sponsors.

In a similiar manner to the RHM/LHM notes, I'd like to see the upper structure able to make notes visible to the sponsor and the sponsor able to leave notes visible to the upper structure.

My personal reasons for it relate directly to how I run my family, so I won't go into too much detail on it. But I can see a few positives from it and no negatives... other than the additional coding :P

Report Post Tip

As for the ideas already suggested, I'm in full support of it. The sponsor/associate system has the potential to be a very useful tool for families/players. Allowing the sponsors more rights/responsibilites/control will only help to further develop the system into the game.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with the proposals bought up here. If a CL has designated someone to be a sponsor then surely that person has the trust of his/her CL. I believe sponsors should have all CL functions available to them for their associate. I also very much like the HQ wack tool in regards to informing CL explaining as to why it has happened, whether this be via personal or a mail.

Report Post Tip

As of now, there are 60 associates in the game. There are also 393 people in crews, under the rank of mademan, who are NOT associates.

We prioritize features in the game as "how much work does it take to do it compared to how many it will effect" As of now associates isn't used very much, so all coding for associates will be put on the back burner until there is nothing left on the todo list before it.

When/if associates becomes a feature that is more commonly used, then we can focus our attention on adding more features for it.

Report Post Tip

Yes. It would definitely be coherent with the fact that you are supposed to be trusted with looking after the associate and some CLs are probably even making the sponsor responsible for the associate's actions.

I'm not sure I agree with the HQ whacking feature, though. But I guess that the Sponsor wouldn't be able to abuse the feature too much without the CL realizing really soon.

Report Post Tip

Though I do agree with you Squishy, I think that adding some features to the Associates feature would be beneficial. I'm positive that giving the Sponsors more of an active roll outside just inviting would increase usage in this feature, and give it more of a meaning to have.

Report Post Tip

"As a RH i watch every person, i send out reports on them, if any of assigned sponsors in the crew have an associate, i still speak with them individually as i did have an occasion where a member wished to rid his associate, where he thought he was IA but never spoke to him, which i had been he was dam well active approaching being made brings me to my point, they want to be made right puts them in the family for life i want to know who they are before they make it, of course i shall speak to them at thug and up.

Report Post Tip

I don't think HQ wacks should be available to anyone. Unless it's limited. For instance, must be in same city. Can fail, giving the would-be victim protection and a chance to escape.

What's the rationale behind it? The crewleader can get into close proximity and shove a knife in their back? The same is true for every member of the family. Why not allow anyone of a higher rank to HQ wack anyone of a lower rank? Say, all Made Men can HQ wack their subordinates (and perhaps even each other). That would make the rank of Made Man much more important and selective.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Addition to Sponsorship
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL