Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 20:57:09
Page:  1 
Absinthe from work Started by: Straz on Sep 19, '09 15:36

Straz shakes the man's hand and walks away. After the man can't see him anymore, he counts the money he has earned.  It's all there, now he can let go of the thought that he's going to have a problem with that mysterious reject.

Making his way back down to family district Straz is a bit surprised to still see Philadelphia streets still a bit quiet, where are all the people he wonders to himself.

Heading for his home Straz notices a few of his family members in a local pub he's passing by, they are pouring beers down their throats and he thinks "Well atleast I got some money to burn" and enters the bar. And walks to his fellow members to say hi

Hey boys, how's it going? Mind if I join you guys? I'll buy you all rounds! I just got a fat paycheck and feel having some free time tonight.

After getting a nod from his friends he seats himself and orders a round for the table.

It only takes ten minutes and two sips from a glass to get a messenger give you bad news. Messenger points the letter at me and the letter is saying:

Meet me in 30 minutes at the park

He has a good guess who doesn't even bother to write his initials when trying to contact him. He finishes his beer, buys a round for the guys and says bye.

The park... He's had some nice memories there, mainly crime related, but from his childhood also. Though he never lived in Philadelphia, but has visited here many times.

Il_Siciliano is sitting on a park bench drinking from a hip flask. Straz sighs and walks to him, he says out loud:

You torment, you steal that thing from me too? Nothing is sacred isn't it?You need both of them to drink now?

Report Post Tip

Sitting there, Il Siciliano feels too cool air by his feet where the sun has yet to warm the air as it lifts above the trees shadow. His hand grips the back of the bench as his arm is stretched out leaning against it as if some broad has been sitting with his arm around her earlier. 

His day's been good, a heist that earned him enough to buy that exclusive watch from Switzerland... or at least pay the right people to turn the other cheek while his contact grabs it for him.

But now as he sits there sipping from his silver engraved flask, Straz starts shouting at him impatiently, unable to stand back and just ask what is going on.

Raspberry! Stop your shouting at once. You left this at the bar last night after our sampling of every Russian vodka we could get our hands on, look after it a bit more Dad told us to look after it as much as we do each other! Though your right about I not needing both of them, I just finished off your left overs. 

He opens his jacket revealing a bottle of Absinthe.

It's 5pm somewhere, how about we get cracking on this? Oh, and you must realise as the eldest I have a right to torment you... plus we all know your lacking of intellect. Actually thinking, raise your voice I still can barely hear after we played 'make the civvie' dance last night, did you have to fire so close to my face!

A broad smile takes over Il Siciliano's face as he pulls out the bottle.

Report Post Tip

Oh....  I did? Ehm...

Straz's face shows clearly he is embarrassed. A moment goes by and the expression fades when he starts to pay attention what Siciliano is saying.

You and your bloody jokes... give me that bottle!  You know there's no one to hear your jokes? You're just wasting your only good ones.

Straz quickly grabs one of the identical flasks from his brother and sits down

So... what you have in mind?I got a hefty paycheck today... How much did you make? I bet not as much as I did... Boss

Straz rubs the rank issue in Sic's face, knowing how Sic feels about it... He also knows it's a kick to the sack, but it's like he said... Nobody is around.

Straz starts to smile. Then he looks at Sic sitting next to him

So, we going to just sit here or do something! Haven't you got any ideas usually you are fast to come up with counter insults on me, but when it comes to entertainment, you've got nothing?! How can that be.

Is amazed and hopes his motivational speech really did help Sic to come up with something.

Report Post Tip

Sic picks up quickly on Straz's remark.

I'm a Left Hand, you? You need the money anyway, you owe me for the cost of last nights escapades.

He smiles and starts laughing, even with the teasing they know it doesn't truly upset them.

Pulling out his gun whilst laughing Straz starts to look nervous as if he hit a nerve with his brother, suddenly Il Siciliano shouts;

Chambers! Time to play! 

He empties his rounds onto his lap and places a bullet between each finger on the other hand to the one holding the gun before putting the final two left over bullets on the floor. 

You should remember this, but then again you're always drunk when I tell you. It is quite simple really, we have to fill the guns chambers and close it before the other can.

As he is ready he turns to Straz to find him trying to stand the final two bullets on the floor perfectly which makes him laugh absurdly by the end of his outburst he then turns to his brother now ready and waiting. The acknowledge the countdown through eye contact before in unison counting down.

3...2...1...Go!

Both of them get the first three bullets in there chambers within seconds, they take a second longer with the last one gripped between their fingers before they struggle to get the ones on the floor at speed. The alcohol really has taken effect. The both knock over the bullets to load the gun. Il Siciliano grabs his last bullet off the floor before it finds its place and he closes his gun, at the same time he hears the click from Straz's.

Why is it a draw again! God, this is impossible! Right, now we go we must take the party to the streets and share the green fairy. 

Just like that he stands up before tumbling back down to the bench. He then tries again but slower, finding his balance on his feet he now extends his arm to help Straz up for their journey to bring enjoyment to the streets of Philly.

Report Post Tip

Both, Straz and Sic are walking... Well more like finding their way out of the park. It looks a bit the same you see a baby walking for the first time.

I don't get it... Why is it always the same result in Chambers? Ah well we sh... whoopsie, that absinthe is really kicking in...

Stumbling their way around the streets of Philadelphia both supporting each other to keep standing.

Hopefully to gather audience and people to join them, both of them start singing:

If you're blue and you don't know where to go to
why don't you go where fashion sits,
Puttin' on the ritz.

Report Post Tip

I love you Brother, oh Brother I do, when you are my brother I love, love, love ya yes I do

Il Siciliano shouts at the top of his lungs drunkedly. He then turns around and punches Straz in the arm.

And I love this Absin morrre...

Before he can finish rest of the sentence he notices Paul Vidi, he places his hand on Vidi's shoulder pushing himself up so he is straight before a long and very complex sentence for this drunken man.

Drink, you, you drink! Absinthe is drowning in this bottle, help it out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Absinthe from work
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL