Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:35:34
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A DFP Compromise Started by: Anubis on Sep 23, '09 09:57

I hate all suggestions that amount to "make the game easier for me!", which is the vast majority of them.

Report Post Tip

Ummm well I think this was worth while. Why? Because I went out of town to Niagra Falls for 4 days where wifi was 10 dollars an hr at the hotel I was at (1,400 a night). So I said, eh screw it and it sucks that I'll lose my DFP. I'm not that dedicated to this game to drop 10 dollars to bribe a DFP when I could stand to lose some profit. I don't see how it makes it easier. It allows for people to enjoy their vacation without something popping in their mind like "Shit, my dfp on MR is gone. Great 2 mill gone."

Report Post Tip

In my personal opinion, it can be just like a real life situation. The drug dealers on the streets have a supplier. They buy their stash from their supplier and sell it to their costumers. I believe that having a DFP is like being a supplier and the drug dealers are the regular people who come and buy from you and sell their purchased goods at a profit elsewhere.

Since the suppliers can't always be around due to their extent of business, they can/should pay off the right authorities to look out for their operations. They should be able to pay the dues for whatever period of time agreed upon.

So, if it costs X dollars every Y days, I don't see why we should not be able to pay for several days at a time. If the DFP owner can't update their prices during that time to maximize profit or keep up with the competitors, so be it.

Report Post Tip

Speaking as a guy who has had a run of rather bad luck with DFP, I can see the merit in the ideas being presented here.  I like the idea of the paying much higher rates for an extended period of time.  I know nothing about coding, but think that that would be easier.  Delving into the realms of fantasy a bit, i think that being able to sell DFPs would be interesting - perhaps a feature whereby a person could spend $XM on a second DFP, perhaps linked to rank?  It is more realistic

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: A DFP Compromise
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL