Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:40:35
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Shootout Started by: Skate on Sep 23, '09 11:44

Now I know everyones like "Ugh... wtf?!" but it was just something I was rolling over since after all there is a new city. Usually a captain would be authed but I kind of think it'd be cool to do what Jonnie_Reese did a.k.a. Premier with this city. Allow x amount of people to setup then the last three standing co-exist with each other.

There isn't really a housing shortage but I feel like this would give people the chance that normally wouldn't get it or are deep in line to being put up for auth or something of the sorts. Maybe every Godfather approves of 2 from each city then it get's cut down to a third of how many setup and they only take a RHM with them or something of the sorts.

Just an idea. I know some loved having shootouts in the old days and some are straying from it but it'd be a good competition.

Report Post Tip

If people wanted to go to war and take over a city they would. Its by choice they do not do this. Jonnie_Reese wanted to take out the others so did so. Maybe out of greed,maybe out of necessity,maybe he felt threatened by them.

I don't think something like this should be done just for shits and giggles. As you seem to want it to happen for that reason.

Report Post Tip

If people are to impatient to wait till their leader seems fit to give them auth then they probably don't deserve it. Auth is earned not just thrown at you and you are told hey go to war with these people if you survive you get it. Best of luck.

What kind of leader would do that to someone who has been loyal to them? Not a very honorable one if ya ask me.

Report Post Tip

Ummm okay it's not about taking over cities and stuff. It's about letting people duke it out to get to the top. You find out how patient and strategic you can be seeing as you have one proer for the most part.

I also know you have to earn auth. I waited 2 months to get my first shot. This is just a way for people to duke it out and it usually intrigues many. Either way thank you for your two bits, everyone has their opinions :)

Report Post Tip

This isn't the wild west.

Someone wants to get to the top. Earn it. A family head wouldn't be a very good family head if they just let one of their family members go out and try to survive on their own against god knows what odds.

Say one leader does this and tells one of his members "Hey go and set up in STL. you are on your on if someone decides to challenge you." Then another leader says I wanted that city for my member and they shoot the guy who just set up in STL. What does that say about that leader who let his guy leave with out proper talks with the other family heads?

Report Post Tip

No no no. What would happen is they all elect their own candidates even. They limit them to like 10, 15 or 25 member crews.

Report Post Tip

Still whos to say one leader isn't going to like that his member is losing and decides to help out or all the leaders involved for that matter. Then you've got yourself total carnage. That is what this idea would probably bring. A total war over something childish like a dueling match.

Its the same as when people duel. Its frowned upon. People who are caught doing it get shot.

You get all the leaders to agree to it they each let a few of their members go. Then you get one leader who sees his family getting killed and decides he is going to help out. Then bam you've got all the leaders helping and you get another country wide war going on.

Report Post Tip

I can remember a few leaders doing such a thing - Anita, Reese and even CP (if I recall)

It isn't a case about this place being about the wild west - it's a baptism of fire. You either have to be smart, diplomatic or strong to survive - surely prerequisites that should be expected of a Leader anyway!

Personally, I think this would certainly be a good idea just now, there a multitude of high ranks and the userbase can certainly cope with something this ilk; though I suspect the GF's have planned ahead and have something in the works already for St. Louis.

Report Post Tip

"Still whos to say one leader isn't going to like that his member is losing"

As I said, this has happened numerous times before, and it's never happened. That's not to say it wouldn't happen in the future of course, but the concept of certain death would probably dissuade anyone foolhardy enough to try and intervene.

Report Post Tip

I see it like when tribes use to send young teens into the wild and if they comeback they are a man kind of. That's what can be taken from it in a good way is that you have to be smart and strong like Noah said. I'm sure their are plans in motion of some sort which is awesome. It's just an idea for people to think about.

Report Post Tip

How about everyone who wants to do this leave their name here, I'll shoot them all within the next 24 hours and we'll save ourselves a whole bunch of time?

Report Post Tip

BrianRourke has expressed his interest to me via mobmail.

Report Post Tip

But Marietta that would take away all their fun.

Report Post Tip

Iota expressed his interest  to me also.

Report Post Tip

Be quiet Nubstriker

Report Post Tip

Love you.

Report Post Tip

MagicMan is wholeheartedly signed up for this glorious event.

Report Post Tip

St Louis Shootout - Round 1: MagicMan vs greenleaf

Report Post Tip

Motion seconded, draw up the paperwork to get this shit on the roll, eh?

Report Post Tip

I am extremely interested in what will happen with St. Louis. But I see no need for speculation. Loose lips cost lives. If we needed to know about any of the St. Louis buisiness, we would have some info by now. Until then, I think we should just trust that we will find out when we find out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Shootout
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL