Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 18:03:00
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Shrug Started by: WillHayes on Sep 25, '09 14:12

Mafiamaxxxx, the point which you do not seem to understand is that my comment was not directed to you. You did not come out here, start a street debate by asking questions and raising points of contention, and then leave. You listened to a speech, made your point, and left. My comment was a point of annoyance at people who do the former, not the latter.

As for the Rourke comment, as I told you privately, but will retell you here:

Your vanity, failure to listen, and subsequent miscommunications as well as continued arguing of a fallacious point precipitated a comment to bring levity into a conversation which you are taking much too seriously.

And Rourke speaks the truth.

Ginger snaps tight the fiver she made earlier that morning.

Report Post Tip

i really do understand that point i have heard it for the last couple of posts the thing is i was just stating what i though after and what i wanted answered then you replyed to that the streets it a OPEN discussion where people step in and state their points

Report Post Tip

I really can't do this anymore. You switch from coherent speech to slurred messes that I can't understand. You took offense to something not directed at you and you're seeking some kind of reassurance from me, that I'm not going to give. All I can do is apologize that you are incapable of listening techniques and you seem to delight in taking personal offense to things that have nothing to do with you.

This has been quite a riot though (no trademark infringement meant by that, Ms. Marietta), and if nothing else, my laughing quota has been filled for the next few days.

Report Post Tip

You found this funny? Really?

~T~

Report Post Tip

very funny gingerale congrats you belittled me well done should be very proud a 14 year old that can just about understand a word your saying but you managed to belittle me

and yh take your little laughs and jokes all i done spoke when you wasnt directly speaking to me and took it perosnally when you brought up rourke

Report Post Tip

Tommy returns to the street corner.How did this go from someone talking about a nod to purchase more drugs,to someone shrugging,to Rourke?

Report Post Tip

RRR shrugs

This has gotten out of hand. Comments were said that were not needed, retorts were retorted that were not needed. I think it's best for all this to be taken on board, like a lesson if you will, and then forget where you learned the lesson from. Just remember you learned it.

Report Post Tip

well said RRR and i am sorry everyone for any misunderstanding i made or any stupid comments i made im new to the streets of mafiareturns i don't make speaches usually with most of my characters

again i apologize please forgive me

Report Post Tip

Adebisi gives WillHayes his 5 minutes back

I not know what a bobble-head is. And why you tell people you see Adebisi in streets nodding? When did I do that?

Adebisi have thick skin so I not mind you make funna how I talk. I undastand you are Made Man and that geeva you right to come out to streets and ridicule goomba. But at leest be fair and tell truth. Or, if you really that concerned about street speech that you think is waste of time, then maybe help groom your own young mobstas so they meet standard you feel is not waste of time. Geeva to them the education I never had as boy.

What you are doing is just discourage people from want to speak in public, and that make streets boring. But if you take time to mold your own people instead of make fun of others, maybe with your help they will someday be able to make interesting and amusing speech like "The Shrug"

My style not for everybody. My accent make me hard to undastand. Some mobstas enjoy my stories, some do not. Either is fine with me. I not out to please anybody except my Don

Report Post Tip

Fab shrugs..

I must say , i wholeheartedly agree with your point my friend Adebisi..and really big respects to the way you debate and courage you have shown .. Like you said above , dont give a damn if some ppl make fun of your accent or the style you use on the streets..as you can see , my english aint that good as well.. blinks..

So my friend , i like your stories and the stlye you use ... keep postin on the streets ... and again , congratulations ... smiles...

Report Post Tip

Thank you Fabrizio. It is honor to meet you

Adebisi extends his massive, muscular hand to shake Fabrizio's

Report Post Tip

Fab grabs his huge hands , wraps them tight, and shakes friendly...

Likewise brother...

Report Post Tip

Adebisi returns to the corner where WillHayes stands shrugging like an ignoramous. He glares at him with bloodshot eyes. WillHayes's bodyguard observes the potential volatile situation and approaches the mighty Adebisi

"What are you staring at, asshole?" asks the goon

Adebisi knows he will be viewed by others as a madman for his actions, but Adebisi knows the truth. He knows exactly what he is doing. The memories of himself standing on the corner as a lowly goombah, clothes tattered and torn, being mocked openly by the man in the Capo suit. The lies. Adebisi accepted the fact that he had no other choice than to do nothing. He accepted, but he never forgot. Adebisi never forgets.

"Shut up, Beech" Adebisi says to the bodyguard before pulling a revolver from his pocket and shooting him

Adebisi slowly walks away. He turns to WillHayes and points at the slain bodyguard.

"Pay for a new one, beech. Maybe this teech you to not talk sheet."

Report Post Tip

As Adebisi turns to walk away, another one of WillHayes' bodyguards approaches Adebisi in defense of his fallen partner's defense.

"I am here to serve and protect WillHayes!"

Adebisi shakes his head in disgust at the bodyguard, even more yuppieish than the man he is working for. He shoots him dead and then looks back to WillHayes

"You a rich boy WillHayes, buy new ones."

Report Post Tip

Will stepped over the dead body lf Adebisi, and shrugged again.

Can't say I didn't see that coming. Makes me think. Maybe I shouldn't be so tough on the youngsters in this world. Especially those with long memories. Might come back and bite me in the ass. Hmm. Though it also reminds me of another speech by a youngster, "Respect is earned, not given." I think I explained my feelings there. Until you are made, you simply aren't worthy of respect. Doesn't mean I won't be cordial. Doesn't mean I won't be friendly. Means I won't respect you as a member of this community, because as a goomba, you are not a member of anything. You are an associate of a family, if you're lucky enough to be invited to join.

Golly Gee, lesson learned. I will behave now, for sure. Whatever. I've said it before, I'll say it again. If this speech hurt some feelings, well then some people need to develop a thicker skin because this was nothing compared to the abuse you will endure as a leader in this community.

So what have I learned through all this. Well, I was right about Adebisi.

A mini ode to adebisi:

Oh Adebisi remembered and was sad,
My little speech made the poor kid mad.
It's not my fault he was a bobble - head,
He shot my guards and now he's dead.

Will leaned next to Adebisi, slid the card he'd written the ode on into Adebisi's pocket.

Here you go son.  You keep that.  I don't have much use for it anymore. 

Will shrugged and walked away.

Report Post Tip

Homer stands in awe

Now may I have my 5 minutes back for listening to this speech of a capo down talking a goomba, trying to earn his place in our perfect gramatical world we live in?

Homer walks away shaking his head in disgust

Report Post Tip

watever....!!!

Report Post Tip

i like bobble heads tehy are funny looking and cool. that was a funny stroy. and i liked it alsoe cuz it was not as long as ome of the other postes are. that is very nice.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Shrug
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL