Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:20:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Protection order? Started by: KevinOwens on Oct 11, '15 13:05

Firstly Tyrion, I think you are confused. It appears to me, that Don Owens is not doing this to look big or tough. Rather to explain to the poor people, who at the time were facing death, why that was the case. He was also explaining his reasoning for this to the rest of us. It appears to me that some people just like whining and this subject was somewhat of a catch 22, so to speak. We have already seen the relatives of those deceased, appear in our streets to moan and ask for reasons. Then when reasons are given, they continue to moan anyway. Maybe it would be in everyone’s best interest to stop moaning, stop sticking their noses in and tend to their own affairs, there is much work and recovery to do.

But that’s just my opinion, no doubt someone will try and shoot me down for it.

Forrest stands back and awaits the abuse with open arms.

Report Post Tip
Ras thought over his words, and decided that he wanted to amend his parting comment. Walking slowly back up to the group, and nodding in Forrest's direction, Ras cleared his throat and amended his words.

"And of course by representing yourself and nobody else, I'm referring to those under Made Man. These Thugs and Gangster who walk around with blatant disrespect and think it's 'alright' because their life isn't worth much."

"You must respect yourself before others can, or will."

Ras accidentally bumped into ForrestBondurant, slyly sticking his hands into the mans pockets and retrieving enough money to grab some coffee before he slipped back off into the shadows.
Report Post Tip

StinkEye throws her head back as she lets out a hardy laugh

This and Steampunk's refusal to 'give up the ghost' when it was clear she couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo, therefore just 'doing it for the laugh' has condemned you all to death unless some of the other leaders can find it in their hearts to provide you sympathy, because I certainly won't be. -Kevin Owens

Dearest Kevin, You delusional twit. I try to remain ladylike and honor my mother's memory but when you insult her, you insult me.

You should know my bloodline by now, we don't surrender our gun during times of war, we fight till the bloody end. Do you think my mother was laughing as she watched her sister city die? Do you think after all the time, effort and money she invested to be a contributing member of society she found it humorous that she was facing certain death? That's just ludicrous! Tizla was center district in LA and never received a timely notice as to the target of the war or who was involved, not that it mattered to us if we were a target or not. Sending a mail to my mother AFTER she killed one of your beloved friends is too little too late. Do you think the majority of those that have been condemned to death give a horse's patute that it was because of my mother... which is really hard to believe in itself? 

My mother certainly wasn't, "doing it for a laugh," She was fighting for the cities she was fiercely loyal to. She had no knowledge of who was doing the killing or who was shooting her bodyguards. When a city or cities go to war they are informed as to who the targets are. When a city is attacked it is always questionable as to who the enemy is. The truth never, if ever, comes out until the corpses are cold. 

As for her not being able to hit a cows backside, maybe if you took your head out of your own backside you would see how incorrect you are. 

When there is a take down of a city and their relatives openly mourn them they are told to move on, yet you come out here like a child trying to add fuel to the fire by insinuating that your friends were killed for sport by my mother. How dare you try to dirty her good name. I say to the son's and daughters of dead that had no involvement, my mother shot your parent because you were a perceived threat. She would not waste a bullet on a bystander if she knew they were of no threat to her.  

To: Steampunk

Sent: Oct 11, '15 08:44

Subject:

NY are the only city not involved... lol.

As you can see, my mother was informed of city involvement AFTER the bullet left the chamber and it seems the only one that was laughing was you. 

Report Post Tip

Yes, yes, miss StinkEye. I personally think you have a lot of good points but..

New York wasn't involved in the slightest. All of our members went back to New York that were around at the time. A little weird for a supposed 'attacking' city to magically retreat, even its leaders?

The only leaders online from New York at the time were Brooklynn, Scarecrow, Fenrir, Ryda, Eve and Michael Gato.

Does that really look like the huge hitting gallery that would assault a city? Without two of its district heads?

New York City was not told a SINGLE thing about the war prior by anyone. We found out after several members catching statements of influential west coast mobsters being murdered.

Scarecrow & Jaguar were never involved. New York didn't even want to involve itself after the death of Scarecrow at hands of a RHM from LV/LA - TheBatMan.

However, after your mother attacked a sleeping woman from New York, it was over at that point. Your mother and her friends got their point across. They wanted to piss off the only city that wasn't chasing them down.

Have a nice day miss.

Report Post Tip

MrMudkip have you ever been in a war against an extremely populated mega power? There is no time to analyze the situation, if you are silly enough to try you will be dead before that thought process is complete. 

All of our members went back to New York that were around at the time. A little weird for a supposed 'attacking' city to magically retreat, even its leaders?

What it, "looked like," to my mother was that the second wave was coming and immediate action needed to be taken. It is not uncommon for shooters to retreat to their home city in between shots and/or hide in the shadows... so, I have to say no, that was not an obvious sign that they were not involved.

My mother chose the targets, therefore, I take full responsibility for her actions but let me reiterate, she believed everyone was an enemy, therefore, a threat. 

Report Post Tip

Surely you must have known which cities were shooting Las Vegas, which didn't include New York. 

Given the close ties your bloodline has with KingAlucard's, and him introducing himself as the new head of Las Vegas after Seph, I highly doubt it that Los Angeles was excluded from/unaware about that emergency meeting held in Las Vegas shortly after Seph's sudden retirement.
A meeting about a move on Chicago, knowing that that LV was sentenced now that the only person holding Chicago and Detroit back was gone.

As told by the son of one of the fallen leaders to Godmother Duplicity:

"I will let you in on a little secret, if you would have wait 24 hours, it would have been a mess in Chicago"

Here is an alternative and less honorable explanation to why your mother suddenly turned her gun and shot at New York:
A very close friend of your mother, known in this world as RollinBlade/Freeatlast/Smarty, who has held a grudge against Scarecrow's bloodline ever since he got off the boat, approached you with a kill list, as he has done before with other hitters but always the same bloodline as target.

Report Post Tip

Miss StinkEye, Me personally? No.

An ancestor of mine? Yes. A little guy by the name of CaptainTeemo was put into a very similar situation. Everyone in the world, besides.. New York, had attacked his home district. Killing almost everyone but somehow missing him. He immediately looked around, noticed that New York only had one leader online by the name of Ladyfighter, and he knew that they wouldn't have been involved with only one leader around.

He took his chance and killed a Don from Chicago, Rhakios, a LHM to Drunky, who had been an attacker to his home. He had to be quick, but he used his common sense and knowledge to not make more enemies.

I'm glad your mother thought highly enough of New York with only one crew leader online to be apart of a huge attack consisting of what.. Seventeen murders in quick succession. A bit silly, wouldn't you agree?

It just seems funny too, New York had been approached by multiple Vegas leaders just earlier that day due to Seph's retirement to make sure relations would stay good. I guess the relations weren't as good as the leaders promised, given that two hands from friendly cities killed two New York members in cold blood.

It was obvious to any eye who has been around for years that New York wasn't involved. You think everyone in NY was just sitting unprotected for the fun of it? They had no reason to take shots for protection because they had thought.. Why would the west coast involve a FOURTH city in the war against them?

I guess assumptions make an ass out of u and me.

All is forgiven in death.

Report Post Tip

Aztec I don't know what your smoking in that peace pipe of yours, but your far fetched hallucinations couldn't be further from the truth. It pains me to admit this, but my mother had no knowledge of an emergency meeting and was informed of Seph's retirement through another means of communication from an old friend. Since she had no knowledge of the meeting, she also had no knowledge of future plans. She asked if there would be a meeting and was told there would be one and she would be informed of the outcome of that meeting once it happened. 

I believe my mother might know Scarecrow's family and harbored no ill will towards him in the least, same goes for Tommy and Jaguar. How would my mother know which cities were shooting? Our leader had just retired, many of the upper structure from our sister city were dead and Doll was mute before she abruptly retired. There was no one coming to the city's aid, therefore, the assumption would be all were involved.

"I will let you in on a little secret, if you would have wait 24 hours, it would have been a mess in Chicago"

My line is a respectable line and has never been a part of a conspiracy and again, my mother knew nothing about a Chicago move. I don't know who made that statement or of this so called mess, but let's be realistic we were ill equipped and that is a moronic statement.

Here is an alternative and less honorable explanation to why your mother suddenly turned her gun and shot at New York:
A very close friend of your mother, known in this world as RollinBlade/Freeatlast/Smarty, who has held a grudge against Scarecrow's bloodline ever since he got off the boat, approached you with a kill list, as he has done before with other hitters but always the same bloodline as target.

I assure you my mother's honor was intact and my line does not hold grudges. The journals my family keeps have to do with levels of trust from past experiences, but never grudges. That being said, it is ridiculous to think that my mother would carry out someone else's grudge when she holds none of her own. RollinBlade certainly was a family friend but has never been an influence on my kin's decisions. Are you even aware that he has not been around and does not know the names of the children of those he harbors ill will towards? Think back to the last time you saw him roam these streets. It was many, many month's ago. He was not incognito pulling my mother's strings like she was some kind of puppet, he has been banned and is living a clean life far away from here. 

I'm glad your mother thought highly enough of New York with only one crew leader online to be apart of a huge attack consisting of what.. Seventeen murders in quick succession. A bit silly, wouldn't you agree?

You're assuming my mother was around when the initial wave took place and that is incorrect. I said it before and I will say it again, it is not uncommon for attackers to hide in the shadows in between shots. 

You say New York was approached by multiple Vegas leaders, my mother was from LA and again had no knowledge of any talks with New York and quite frankly why would that matter? Many crew leaders in the past believed they had a bond with a city only to be gunned down by them shortly after, so to infer that this so called meeting was a bond of trust in unrealistic. 

You can invent all the stories you want, but those that know my line, know the truth. We are extremely loyal, trustworthy hard workers that don't waste our time on grudges. 

Report Post Tip

Right.

I can see this is going no where. You don't see the wrong your mother did, and I'm afraid that's just plain ignorance. I'm not a hateful person, and I try to be as polite as possible everywhere.

You're a smart lady, and you can go far and succeed, just as your mother and ancestors have done. Hard work, dedication and motivation and all that, we've seen what your line is capable of.

Sorry to have wasted your time with my words. Kind regards, good day.

Report Post Tip

Given the close ties your bloodline has with KingAlucard's, and him introducing himself as the new head of Las Vegas after Seph, I highly doubt it that Los Angeles was excluded from/unaware about that emergency meeting held in Las Vegas shortly after Seph's sudden retirement.
A meeting about a move on Chicago, knowing that that LV was sentenced now that the only person holding Chicago and Detroit back was gone.

Aztec, it is quite obvious to me that you have no knowledge about what was going on with in Las Vegas, stop pretending you do, yea?

speaking from my bloodlines journals of KingAlucard, he was called into a meeting with the Las Vegas heads and Seph's RHM Hezare, it appears their was not a single LA member their because they did not know about it, the meeting was to discuss future plans of LV given Seph's retirement, unfortunately he retired before the plan was made, after the meeting it was clear that Don KingAlucard was the new head of LV, he reached out to the 4 city heads he had never spoken to previously to build relations or keep them, did he really expect CH not to kill LV, of course he didnt he knew when Seph retired it was probably all over, but given he was loyal to Seph and loved LV he would try to keep things going and fix the way the world looked on LV.

Not once was their any mention of an attack on any of the cities.

yet another confused lad on the inner workings of the city it seems, quite increasing dont you think?

Report Post Tip

You should know my bloodline by now, we don't surrender our gun during times of war, we fight till the bloody end.

And it is this attitude that got the rest of LA/LV razed to the ground.

So yes, continue to be feisty and punchy and swing 'till the last breath if you wish. But you are only delaying the inevitable and bringing anyone who was left alive around to the verge of the abyss. 

You can claim morality, loyalty, whatever you want to claim... but at the end of the day your mother didn't have the fortitude to save the rest around her and thought only of herself. 

Your mother was not a hero, your mother was a selfish moron.

Report Post Tip

@KevinOwnes, i apologize but i am struggling to understand the point of your last remark. I know i it may be quite bold and unorthodox of me, but i would like to seek from you some clarification.

So yes, continue to be feisty and punchy and swing 'till the last breath if you wish. But you are only delaying the inevitable and bringing anyone who was left alive around to the verge of the abyss.

I understand this to mean you felt the demise of LA and miss StinkEyes mother was inevitable, so i am unsure as to the meaning of your following statement

but at the end of the day your mother didn't have the fortitude to save the rest around her and thought only of herself.

Do you mean to insinuate that LA should have sat quiet and prolonged their death another few days or weeks? So that all of the people there may invest more time and work into something you say was inevitably going to end. I have no doubt everyone here understands their death is inevitable and i understand the need for having a presence in the streets, but i would appreciate any kindness you would show by clarifying what your point was and also addressing such an obvious contradiction.

Report Post Tip

Her mother was the last person alive with any sort of shot (although not fantastic), she was unable to do anything but pot-shot a few people (one of whom wasn't even involved in the war).

That is the time you 'man' the fuck up, suck it up and go to your enemies with an offer of your life for whatever is left of your fellow allies. At that point it would have been hard for us to refuse as it had been a bit of a grind and to save anymore losses I know I personally would've jumped at the chance to end it a bit earlier and not feel the need to slaughter everything in sight once Steampunk had died.

If Steampunk had a gun capable of taking down serious targets then I wouldn't be stood here saying this. Even if it's 1 vs 1000... if you have the gun by all means fight until your last breath. But to continue on for the sake of a couple of ego boosting shots is what ended up leaving a lot of us feeling bitter on this side of the fence, hence the decision to raze LA and LV to the ground even after Steampunk passed on.

Your actions, no matter how loyal or noble you think they are have a knock-on effect to everyone you're supposed to care about.

Report Post Tip

Not to be all out against things said here though in Steampunks defence as a rule it has been the alliance of Chicago,Detroit,Philly and New York and Vegas under Seph that stood shoulder to shoulder through thick or thin.

So when this scuffle started up Steampunk could not really be faulted in thinking that New York was involved but i myself did question Stinkeye about the targets chosen knowing full that certain friend's of her bloodline have issues with those 3 targets that where shot out 2 killed and one missed on.

Scarecrow and Jaguar having had links to a certain group and Aztec who has a few enemies he has made in his time here.

As we all seen a certain group use the pretext of war to continue there own form of blood hunting in hunting down the bloodlines of Epsilon,Freelancer and BoD even if those folk where in neutral cities during the said war. 

You can fool some of the people but not all are blind to these types of petty tit for tat issues.

People call on a certain group to stop but if others that call for that cant stop then i see no reason for the certain group to lay down there flag also.

Just know this if your linage has issues it will find no warm welcome inside Detroit because if you cant pledge yourself 100% to myself my leaders and my city then we dont want you and your petty hate here.

Now back to the whole protection order issue that was the crux of this conversation Duplicity not long ago issued a protection order folk came to the streets and bitched about it.

Now Duplicity said that if they want to bitch then next time there wont be a protection order issued so she stood by her guns as she has said she can be a stubborn woman at times. Now not putting up the protection order still makes folk bitch so i guess it matters little what anyone decides to do i how ever supported Mr Owens 100% in not placing an protection order not out of any desire to keep the blood flowing as i was sick and tired of hearing people bitch about protection orders going up.

So like Duplicity i decided we will give the people what they want no more protection orders.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Offering protection to the members of your rivals' organisations seems to me to be as much about self-preservation as it is about any genuine desire to spare their lives. If you let their non-influential members live, when your own time comes it will likely be reciprocated and therein protects some of your own family. I don't think it takes a genius to work out what the consequences of scorched earth policies usually are. 

Report Post Tip

There may be consequences Credits, but I was one of the more vocal for this action and bloodlines of former Las Vegas families are now under protection.

Granted, some may have took offence and if that policy is used every time it would probably become a bigger burden for all those involved to handle. However, once in a blue moon can sometimes be the kick up the arse mobsters need. Consider your friends, allies and acquaintances (brain farting, spelling maybe?) that are still walking this green earth.

Like I said earlier, if Steampunk had offered their life for the sake of the rest of the remaining left it would have been incredibly difficult to turn down on our part. I would've literally jumped at the chance. But if people want to stick around picking off mobsters who had no actual say in the final decision making process and were only following orders then I shall be equally if not more spiteful in return.

I can be a reasonable guy, so can all the people who backed this scorched earth policy. But stubbornness will be met with stubbornness.

Report Post Tip

Kevin, it seems you are the self proclaimed king of knowledge and self righteousness. It amazes me how much you think you know and how brutally you are beating this dead horse. 

Let's go over the facts...

My mother did not start the war, she was a victim of war.

She was encouraged by the children of the dead to fight on and represent until the end and that's exactly what she did.

You can't blame her for not attending an emergency meeting she didn't know about and clearly that would have made no difference or changed the future.

She was not a psychic and had no premonitions of impending doom. She truly believed that Seph handled every issue with swift action and those that he left behind were the cream of the crop. Why would she expect a take down? There were no troublemakers among her.

Her gun was, by no means, small and it was her right to bear arms.

This and Steampunk's refusal to 'give up the ghost' when it was clear she couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo, therefore just 'doing it for the laugh' has condemned you all to death unless some of the other leaders can find it in their hearts to provide you sympathy, because I certainly won't be.

How dramatic of you considering out of all of those that were "Condemned to death," after my mother's death there was only 1 made man that was still among the living. To the family of TAZ, I'm very sorry for your loss. 

You can claim morality, loyalty, whatever you want to claim... but at the end of the day your mother didn't have the fortitude to save the rest around her and thought only of herself. 

Your mother was not a hero, your mother was a selfish moron.

It seems that decision was made well before my mother's death to eliminate all survivors. Unbeknownst to you a fair amount of the children of those that lost their parents due to the lack of a protection order have come to me and said how sorry they were that their parents were unavailable at the time to help my mother. I have not received one message from the kin of an LA or LV member stating I have the blood of their parent on my hands. Do you even know what the word, "fortitude," means? 

My family line has very little knowledge of the group others speak of. We arrived on these shores slightly before the demise of said group and harbor no ill will towards them. My family has many friends from all walks of life and we don't care who or where they came from. 

War is war, things happen and I don't give a flying fig how you see it. I know the facts. You may think coming out here and demeaning me is productive, but I strongly disagree. Calling someone that worked so hard and lost so much a selfish moron is preposterous. 

My family remembers you from when you were back with Hitcher in Detroit. You played your self righteous act there too and were allowed to transfer to another city. Typically the only way out for someone of your rank and stature at the time is by death, but you were graciously allowed to move on. One would think a persnickety rule follower such as yourself would never do such a thing. One would think you would have had the fortitude to retire and let your child carry on with the family business in a new city. Do not judge lest ye be judged.

But to continue on for the sake of a couple of ego boosting shots is what ended up leaving a lot of us feeling bitter on this side of the fence, hence the decision to raze LA and LV to the ground even after Steampunk passed on.

I assure the instinct to fight back was not ego driven and you bullying me over the actions of my mother, a victim of war, will not change the fact that she was an honest woman that did the best she could with the knowledge she had.

Report Post Tip

Miss Niki grows tired of the same old same old song - My Kin died, so I need to shout it from the rooftops, woah is me, woah is me... She smiles, as she lights a cigarette, and heads to the Elegance. They are doing renovation, and, well, watching paint dry is just as exciting as watching this poor sad story repeating itself over and over and over again.

Not to disrespect the dead, may they rest in peace, and may their children have the courage to move on in this ever changing world. What's done, is just that, done, there is no going back to resurrect the dead. Only caskets full of memories.

Report Post Tip

Yes missniki, what is done is done. However, take idiots like these two Duplicity and Senza. They hold old grudges and are killing for no reason other then a grudge. It is not acceptable. While the latter of the two will die soon, the problem will still exist for obvious reasons. Memories are sweet.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Protection order?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL