Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:01:30
Page:  1 
A Hint of Gold Started by: Brooklynn on Oct 17, '15 03:00

Brooklynn had been doing well in their headquarters in Brooklyn. They had actually been doing so well that their HQ was completely filled and they struggled to make space sometimes. She knew what had to be done. She knew in a few weeks she would need all the help she could get challenging the old Godfather in Brooklyn, so she called out the meeting.

She sent her little messengers out to invite the rest of New York to Brooklyn for a nice dinner. Mudkip was sent to visit Manhattan to make sure SammyGato, and his brother and sister, Michael and Eve, could attend. Afterwards, he visited that of the caporegime of Sam, Thomas. After Mudkip had secured that the Manhattan elite could attend the dinner, she had sent out mew to Eorati over in the Bronx to make sure that he and his Made Men within the family could attend. After all was settled, she began to get to work.

"Oh, you two. Bearing messages isn't your only job here" She said with a smile. "Mudkip, you will be washing and cooking the lobster. Mew, you will be searching through the family wine cellar for the good stuff. You'll know it when you see it" She said with a laugh. "Yes boss lady Don Brooklynn acting lunchlady" Mudkip retorted back. She glared at him.

The table was very long. Enough to fit fifty people, and it would. All Made Men from the city of New York were invited to attend. It was a nice city gathering but she had other plans for the meeting. It was much more than just a nice family dinner.

After the guests had arrived she tapped her glass and stood up. "Good evening family" She said to the large table filled with all sorts of New Yorkers. "I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. My little Mudkip and Mew helped prepare all of this food and if you need anything, please let them know. They'd be happy to help" She said as she smirked.

"However.. That's not what we're here for. Today I am authorizing one of my own, some of you may know him, some of you may not. Consigliere Fenrir worked along side myself for a very long time. He has built a strong connection to our amazing city and it is with a great honor that I, Don Brooklynn, give him the nod to set up his own HQ alongside myself. Congratulations Fenrir, you've done us all well"

"Fenrir, what will you name your organization?" Fenrir shook her hand and thought about it one final time. "Thank you for the opportunity Brooklynn. I have thought long and hard about this... We will be naming my organization under you.. The Golden Company" Fenrir said.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

He was just the family cook for the evening. Don Brooklynn had made sure that he, and mew, were kept busy preparing for the dinner for the city. He had done his best and made sure everything was the best that could be. He was never officially invited, nor was mew, given their status.

They instead sat in the kitchen and listened in. They knew what was going on, but it wasn't within their right to be at the meeting. He was so happy that his dear friend Fenrir was given the opportunity, he knew he would be able to do well with it. 

"Don Godmother lunchlady Brooklynn really has us working, eh mew? We can't even eat" He said with a laugh as he began to clean up the kitchen a little.

Report Post Tip

Whilst Jargon was walking home from his own family dinner, he seen multiple men all dressed in suits attending a dinner at the cities finest restaurant. He couldn't help but think to himself "All these Made men and important upper structure standing around having dinner.. with the latest war going down I hope to god nothing like that is happening again"

He couldn't help but peer in through a small window on the left hand side of the building and eavesdropping.. He knew he would get in extreme trouble if he was caught, but he kneeled down and sat there, listening to Don Brooklynn raise her glass and speak. He heard her announce that her most trusted man is now being authorised to set up a new crew under her name. 

"Shit.. Congratulations are in order to Fenrir, I wish I could go in and give him a gift", he mumbled to himself before getting up and walking away, as if he had just been walking past and didn't notice a thing.

Report Post Tip

After shaking Don Brooklynn's hand, turned to long table and said clearly so that all could hear, even those sitting at the far end.

"Fist off I would like to thank Don Brooklynn, for being there and supporting me more than I could have ever imagined."

"Secondly," gesturing towards VictoriaStone "I am pleased to announce that the wonderful VictoriaStone has accepted my offer to become my Right Hand Woman." Fenrir then turns towards Sioux " I would also like to take this time to announce that Sioux will also be joining us as my Left Hand Man." Fenrir starts a round of applause 

As the applause slowly fades Fenrir began to speak again.  "There is one other person I would like to thank, out gracious chef Mudkip.  I know he is sitting in the kitchen listening, he has always been such a devious little Mudkip.  You and your forefathers have been beyond kind to me and I know for a fact I would not have made it this far with out your help.  Thank you."

Turning back towards Don Brooklynn he spoke "The Golden Company has a long and proud history of never breaking a contract, never going back on an oath.  I intend to keep this tradition.  I will do my utmost to continue helping you, your crew, our district, and our great city of New York in any way that I can." Fenrir raises is glass for a toast " To the great city of New York and our future."

Report Post Tip

Victoria stands up and raises her glass.

Fenrir my dear partner in crime, it’s an honor to stand here beside you. Your honor bespeaks worth and you confidence begets trust. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success”

You have come a long way and congratulations for rising to this wonderful occasion.

I humbly accept the challenge to begin this with journey with you.  The Golden Company what an awesome beginning.

Report Post Tip

Sorry I am so excited I can hardly get my words out.

Report Post Tip

Spiels patiently waits for the others to speak. When his turn comes, he stands and raises his glass.

What a glorious day for all of New York!  Under DonBrooklyn's leadership it was only a matter of time before our HQ would be required to branch out.  I see nothing but big things for this great city that so many of us hold so closely to our hearts.  Congratulations to you Fenrir, and such a wise choice for your right hand lady!  I know you will both do great things!

Spiels raises his glass to toast all of New York as he looks over his shoulder toward the kitchen....

MUDKIP!  More lobster!  Pronto!,

Report Post Tip

when appelsap heard someone say something about gold he was getting excited, he liked the fact that if people are getting gold he could also get gold. So he walked towards the place that everyone was talking about and when he reached the place he saw Fenrir standing there saying something about "the golden company". Appelsap was a little bit disappointed when he walked towards Fenrir. 

"Congratulations on your rise to this high position in the great city of New York. I hope you will be a good leader, or atleast a interesting leader. But i must admid that i'm a bit disapointed that there is no gold here right now. "

Report Post Tip

Delvin walked down the street, he was in New York on business. The heroin trade to be exact. He saw all of the men and women entering the restaurant in suits that cost 10 times what his did. All of them inside, eating lobster, drinking wine and talking business. Delvin shook his head and laughed to himself a bit, looking down at his cheap pants and shoes. He glanced back at the restaurant and saw all of the bosses and leaders doing a toast. He took his flask out of his coat and raised it up to the restaurant, taking a swig and putting it back into his coat, and continued walking down the street. 

Report Post Tip
Pyro was walking down the streets in New York, thinking of what he was going to say to Fenrir about his new position. When out of the blue, Fenrir himself bumps into Pyro. Bewildered, Pyro gets a bit nervous and suggests He and Fenrir get a drink and escape the hustle and bustle of the busy streets.

As Pyro and Fenrir get to the local speakeasy, they take a seat and Pyro orders them each a whiskey. Pyro lights up a cigar, and begins.

"So listen here buddy. I wanted to personally congratulate you on your promotion and new position in this fine city."

The waitress comes to deliver their drinks so Pyro pauses then continues a few moments later.

"I'm excited to see what you and The Golden Company have planned for the future. I'm sure you already have a couple of plans made. But I couldn't be more happy for you. I wish you the best my friend."

Pyro takes his shot, puffs his cigar, shakes Fenrir's hand, then makes his way to the door before disapearing back into the streets of New York.
Report Post Tip

mew woke up in a bit of a daze, the weekend had been a bit of a blur. She had been buzzing with excitement ever since her crewleader, Miss Brooklynn had tasked her with the important job of delivering a message to Don Eorati. She remembered waiting patiently at the doors of his HQ and sputtering out the message none too eloquently. Luckily for her, he was so enthusiastic about the news, and the prospect of a lavish meal that he didn't even notice the stammering creature in front of him. Mew had returned to the HQ a little embarrassed, but was further flattered again given the task of selecting the wine for the occasion.

mew began to giggle, remembering how Mudkip struggled to avoid the pincers of the angry lobsters, fighting them in to a pot while apologising profusely. Her mind flashed forward to the moment when the big announcement was made and Fenrir stood up at took on his new role in the Big Apple. Mew had squealed with excitement and grinned at Mudkip in the kitchen. Mudkip had offered her a glass of wine as the toasted with each other in the hot and messy kitchen, at the same time as the men and women of prestige out in the main room. The celebrations that night, rather that weekend, were crazy. Mew then gasped, in all the excitement and drinking, she had forgotten to congratulate the man of the hour! What a faux pas! Mew quickly got ready and dressed and made her way to The Golder Company's new headquarters, hoping that Don Fenrir would be in residence. 

When mew got her audience with the new leader in Brooklyn, she shook his hand with great gusto. 

"Good morning sir. My apologise for the dampness of this over eager hand, and for my late tidings. However, I'd like to say, congratulations on your new crew in this beautiful city, and wondering district. I'm sure the Golden Company will do great things. I look forward to having the opportunity to work with you and your men in the future. Please let me know if there's anything I can ever do for you and yours." mew grins at Fenrir before scurrying away, realising she needed to apologise for the amount of wine she consumed Saturday night.

Report Post Tip

A very belated message, my apologies. 

Nothing brings me greater joy that to see growth and prosperity. Through taking these steps, Fenrir has become a crucial function within the city, a talent that will no doubt Don Brooklynn will be excited to work with and depend on throughout New York's future.

Congratulazioni!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Hint of Gold
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL