Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:45:06
Page:  1 
American Dream Come True Started by: SammyGato on Oct 18, '15 17:39

"Ever since we was little kids, I wanted to see New York. The lights, the people, but above everything else, the potential. You step foot off the boat and you can be anything you want. 'Land of Opportunity' and 'The American Dream'

"Some people don't ever make it though. I've been lucky in that our father made friends with good people, reputation is critical. You never know how close you've come to taking a long swim, when your name gets mentioned in a dark room full of women and men not unlike us, trying to decide what is best for their business. Questions get asked, fingers get pointed and then someone steps in to vouch for you. Meanwhile, you're in the bath, bare ass naked and picking your toenails, unaware that your hide has just been saved by someone who will probably never even tell you what they did. 

"Then there are those who don't have nobody to vouch for them, even the opposite in some cases. When you go out there and start offering your jobs out, trying to generate some work and building your operation, just remember the kind 'a people we're working with. Most of these guys don't have anything or are trying to prove their worth. When I met Thomas's father back in Philly, I knew I'd found something special. Unfortunately it was too late to help him, his commitments were already made. 

"In Manhattan, anything is possible. Now, between SpurgeonJr and yourself, you're living proof of that. Now I need you to be an extension of our famiglia and continue making that happen for the new generationsWe're here to make that potential shine... but don't get walked over, alright? We're not a B&B for rogue tear away's.

"That, Michael, is what we've always been about, that's what pops' was always about. He just didn't get far enough to make much of an impression.

"Christ, we need to get you a better suit, too. You're not a kid anymore, Mike, start dressing like us old 'uns."

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations Michael! If you're looking for a suit guy, yeah. I've got one of those. Feel free to use his services."

Swarley smiles as he hands over a business card.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Michael. I know you will do the best you possibly can while under the guide of your brother, Sam.

It's a family business and you, you're the little brother of one of the strongest men in New York. We'll know you'll keep up and do your brother, your family and the city proud.

Report Post Tip
Congratulations Micheal! A well deserved opportunity for a very nice man!
I'm looking forward working together!

Cheers!
Report Post Tip

Wiping a tear that was running down my cheek, I shook my brother's hand. The man in front of me was my idol, even more so than our father. Sammy has always tried being the big brother for EveGato and I and he was and will be always there for us. Seeing my brother leading his family, I always knew I wanted to follow in his footsteps. This was my time to prove my worth to him.

"Thank you, Sammy. I will do good by you and by what dad always wanted us to become"

I released my brother's hand and hugged him. 

"Thank you," I whispered. 

I turned around to look at Eve and smiled at her.

"Look at what we've become. This has to be our greatest accomplishment throughout our family's history. Well, I might as well get dressed for my speech! First time I'll be in a suit and I have to look good."

Several Hours Later...

I was finally dressed up for my speech. I decided to wear a black tuxedo with a red undershirt and black pants with black shoes. I stepped out of my limousine and thanked my driver. I walked a short distance to Five Points and commenced my speech.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to thank all of you for being here. Let me first point out the obvious by saying that it is a tremendous honor to be here and present my news to you. Just before I do, I would like to thank my brother, SammyGato, as you all know too well, for giving me this wonderful opportunity and EveGato for always being there for me in times of trouble and worry. They have always been there for me and so will I be for them. In this thing of ours, we always have to be careful, but also leave a reputation so that we have a positive and great legacy. I hope to be able to accomplish that and do right to the great city of Manhattan. I wish that I will be able to make Manhattan prosper like my brother Sammy and my friend, Thomas. So, without further ado, I will now make my announcement.

"With my brother's accord, I present to you: 

Five points' Armi Esportazione

"I promise you, dear citizens, I will do my best and to those who know me, they know that my best surpasses expectations. Thank you to all who have assisted me throughout my journey and to those who will always be there with me. Together, we are one!"

Report Post Tip

SevereSin, like many others, had gathered in the clearing of the Five Points intersection in Manhattan. As MichaelGato ended his speech and revealed his new crew, applause rang out in the crowd.

Congratulations Don Gato!

SevereSin approached Nessa, MichaelGato's Right Hand who was standing slightly off to the side, and handed her a bottle of dark rum.

I'll be by later, we can start the celebrations with this. Congratulations.

Report Post Tip

Nessa stood off to the side, dressed in a simple black dress and her hair pulled into a neat bun. She listened to her friends speak and once they were done she walked up to Michael and gave him a quick hug. "I'm so happy for you, and I'm excited that I get to be part of this journey." She told him with a smile. She saw others were waiting to speak to her new boss so she stepped aside and allowed them to come forward. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: American Dream Come True
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL