Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:23:47
Page:  1 
The Decision Started by: mafiamaxxxx on Sep 30, '09 15:14

mafimaxxxx finds himself with something on his mind, and walks to a part of NY where there are loads of experienced mafioso. He then finds a great spot at a corner market and stands on an abandoned fruit crate. He clears his throat to grab the attention of passersby, and satisfied with his audience, begins to speak.

Good afternoon my fellows and thank you for your attention. I find myself having a decision to make, and I seek your counsel.

These no good street thugs have been disrespecting my leader thinking they are BIG because they know a few gangsters. Of course, my boss doesn't have time for these thugs so he asked me to do the honors and have them taken care of. I happily accepted this as NO ONE disrespects my boss, especially these thugs.

I did my research. I found out all the information I needed to know about these guys, and where exactly to find them. Up until now, the information from my detail has been spot on. In fact, this pair have just entered and Italian restaurant on 94th. They're sitting around a table, enjoying some good home cooking, but there's a third person there... someone I don't know, and my detail didn't catch.

So I'm faced with some options now.

Do I go in there guns blazing and take down everyone that gets in my way and show a clear message not to disrespect my boss?

Or do I wait silently till they are all alone and one by one take them down?

If I go in there gun blazing, I might kill someone that doesn't deserve to die, but I get the job done quickly and send my message.

BUT if I wait until they're alone and take down one at a time, the others will know I'm coming, and as I said they know a few people too. Of course, nothing my family cant deal with, but I could be risking my life?

So I ask you, what would you do?

Mafiamaxxxx steps down from the overturned fruit crate and waits to see how his listeners would react.

Report Post Tip

-Deathstalker- raise his right hand and the crowd caught their attention when he started to speak.

Yes it is a risk of your life, their life, and also a risk in the your whole family, He disrespects your boss, if this man didn't know what he was saying or doing, how about told him something about your boss why you admire and respect him out of the family, maybe this man changes his mind and follow you and your boss footsteps..

-Deathstalker- pauses for a while and hits his cigar while waiting for his answers.

Report Post Tip

Personally, I'm a lover, not a fighter.  I'd walk in, sit down, and enjoy a good italian meal with all of them.  Then I'd let somebody else do the dirty work.  I like to keep my hands clean.

And beware.  That guy you don't know.  He may actually work for another family whose life may not be valued by you when you go in guns blazing, but whose life may be very highly valued by his boss.  And when word comes that you had killed that boss's man because you wanted to "send a message," you shouldn't expect to live too long.  And neither should your boss who sent you on that mission. 

Just something to think about before making that decision.  It might be easier to just go in guns blazing, but it may not be the smart thing to do.   

Report Post Tip

wise words from Deathstalker, Sometimes words can get the point across the same way violence can. It truly is a tough decision, seeing as how some type of action must be taken.

Report Post Tip

stands there thinking very hard about what he is going to do

Yh but... from my research i have found out these men aren't from a family  but it is a very good point.

and also on the other hand these thugs think there big shots if i try warn them they might try pull out there guns and use thse trigger happy hands then it could get really messy

waits to hear what will and death think about what i have said and wait for further opinions of theres.

Report Post Tip

-Deathstalker- smiles at mafiamaxxxx as he understand -Deathstalker's- point and start to speak again.

You wouldn't need to warn them my friend, if they don't listen to your stories it's ok, at least they have a knowledge or idea why you speak high about your boss, if you think they might pull out their guns, you better warn your boss cause it concerns the whole family, and as their duty as a boss or a leader they would go in a decision for what is better for both the family and the other side so instead of bloodshed, your family might get a loyal and well deserving thug and also a friend.

-Deathstalker- hits his cigar once again and wait for his answers.

Report Post Tip

mafiamaxxxx stands there thinking it doesn't take him long to realise how right deathstalker is.

Thanks for your opinion im on my way there to speak to them now, but before i do im going to call on a wise guy in my family -leone- to be there to back the situation if anything goes wrong.

walks up to deathstalker and shakes his hand

Thanks for the advice

Report Post Tip

If none of them are in a family... you have a scenario where there are two enemies conversing with one unknown person who also is not in a family. He is not a significant person so no retaliation would occur.

Like you said, one by one would put your life at risk and maybe others, whatsmore you have been told to do a job. This man is at a restaurant so he is probably an associate of the enemy. I would personally walk in and take out the trash. That way job done, no casualties from your family, no retaliation and you sent your message loud and clear.

The worst that could have happened was you killed someone who wasn't directly involved; but rather that than risk these thugs drawing in gangsters and letting this thing get out of hand, I think the odds are very much in your favour (in terms of the risks involved) if you chose this method.

Of course thats just my opinion and I would often look for other solutions before any killing was neccessary... but given these conditions I think it is better safe than sorry.

Report Post Tip

This hypothetical gets more and more interesting as we go..  I wasn't aware  you had any "intel" on the third man.  But assuming none of them are in a family, you better also beware that a family isn't protecting them. 

You see - in this day and age you don't have to be in a family to be protected by some of the families.  There are a variety of reasons why a thug would be protected. So, better get as much information as possible before shooting an unknown target. 

And if you do go in guns blazing....don't miss. 

Report Post Tip

"BUT if I wait until they're alone and take down one at a time, the others will know I'm coming, and as I said they know a few people too. Of course, nothing my family cant deal with, but I could be risking my life?"

Well I would say you do not have to worry about that, because if they have eyes they now know you are coming for them.

In this situation I think it would have been better to just shoot them and been done with it rather than come to the streets to let them know that you are hunting them. Being discret when it comes to death is always the best policy.

Report Post Tip

Yeah that is a good point- if they are protected.

If they are protected I would suggest a far more covert approach enlisting the help of other members of your family maybe to simultaneously take out everyone involved.

Then again if things got incredibly heated and you knew the protector would involve himself in troublesome ways then I'd think of the bigger picture of spiralling the family into something that isn't worth going into.

To me a few thugs shooting their mouths off is by no means a reason to start a war, so I would leave it be. 

Report Post Tip

listens carefully to what is being said

They dont know i have asked you people this yet and they don't  have to know.

Also i know they was kicked out of a family so there not liked people at the moment and probably want revenge

Report Post Tip

Seriously in this context I suggest doing it the easy way. Just speak to the CL or RH nicely and explain the situation. They are representing him, so its likely any disrespect will be dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

If like you said they have no leader and no protection then I would probably gather some more information before WHACKing away.

Whatever you do just remember family comes first always so don't go doing something you will later regret.

Report Post Tip

walks up to the_messiah

Thanks for the good advice i have taken it all in and will remember what you have said for the rest of my life

shakes The_messiahs hand

Report Post Tip

No problem, I hope you really know what your doing before you act and best of luck resolving your problem.

Report Post Tip

dont worry sir i will make a good decision one that i wont regret

stands there and lights up a cigar

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Decision
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL