Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 00:19:34
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Can't be arsed with a title. Just read please Started by: Metal-Storm on Sep 30, '09 17:27

Your brother broke the rules, the heads sat down discussed a resolution, if your unhappy about it, so be it here's a dollar tell someone who cares

Report Post Tip

Your accountant makes note that $1 has been wired to Raghnall from your account

Report Post Tip

I understand what he is saying about going against something your leader has put on you. Like Lilwayne_ was deemed rogue yet authed by Death-Knight. If he had taken down Death-Knight it's still New Orleans business but everyone makes it their own once a Godfather deems someone rogue so THEN everyone tries killing them. When Lilwayne_ was authed it wasn't by everyone it was just Death-Knights call. So then isn't it DKs business especially if he isn't attacking any other city?

I DONT SUPPORT ROGUES. I'm just saying it's not like it never happened before in real life. I just think these "rules" from the "old" days should be revised to the RP sense if you want a real RP. Also sorry this was out of character. I think it's retarded to make a thread like this but everyone acts like it didn't happen in the 1920's mafia era and that's when this is based off of so yeah.

Report Post Tip

Ah exactly Skate, although it isn't just DK's issue's from the other day. I recall seeing my my family notes to long ago an ancestor of Scarin was deamed the same because she stood against her GF Jimmy over a vaguely similar situation.

Report Post Tip

But Raghnall you have to remember. I don't know all the dirty nitty gritty reasons and neither do you. That's why your father was killed. Nothing personal but you have to remember how you talk about subjects especially sensitive ones :/

I understand where you're coming from but things are why they are for reasons and it's upsetting at times. I would have liked to see this OOC with more of a question not of a "I'm sick though". Just be careful unlike your last account because imagine if you were a Made Man or something and did something, could give your bloodline a bad rep :/

Report Post Tip

Shakes her head at Skate murmuring "Jesus Christ, man" and rubs her temples before addressing the matter at hand.

Obviously, Mr. Storm made an sizable error in judgment and presentation by not correctly interpreting the reaction to the particular manner in which he introduced these topics, as Godmother ScipitaRourke has indicated and everyone should subsequently defer to her rationale.

That is not to say, however, the topic at hand is not worthy of being discussed, as Godmother Rourke also seemed to indicate, so I feel free to offer my thoughts on the matter.

A traditional "rogue" is certainly someone who purchases an HQ without being authed. In that sense, someone who had already been authed and has maintained their HQ can never be a rogue in the traditional sense. But when someone who already possesses an HQ and serves a higher ranked CL goes against the wishes of that person, then they are acting as a rogue, in that they no longer possess the authorization of their Godfather/boss. In the end, it's a matter of semantics, but I certainly see no foul either way.

I think that one potentially confusing aspect in our world as it's currently constituted is the lack of distinction between a Boss and a Captain. The point was raised by the original speaker that when someone is authed they're expected to look out primarily for themselves- this MAY be applicable to a Boss... but never to a Captain. I, for example, am a Captain of Marietta. My crew has its own distinguishing name that I call the shots for. But at the end of the day, I work for Marietta and my goals should be entirely in line with hers. But in the situation of a Godfather or Godmother authing a separate Boss that they do not directly oversee/control, a different dynamic COULD possibly exist in which that newly authed CL possesses more loyalty to themselves and their own unique operation then the Godfather/Godmother that gave them the go ahead to set up.

And on a side note that I've previously stated before, with regards to Omerta. Our world currently seems to be operating under a definition that is essentially "Since there are never any cops on these streets, you can feel free to talk about pretty much anything except information about who killed who and private/secret information from your family".

Report Post Tip

I understand Kates about being a captain and working for Marietta at the end of the day. That is what a captain would do and I don't disagree at all but I guess I don't see why one is a rogue when the one who authed them says they are and every city tag teams on that "rogue". I mean they're attacking to take over for their own city not every city. I guess I see every city as being separate then if a citys Godfather is fighting his captains what business is it of other cities or leaders to but in. That's a pretty crude way of describing it but I'm not sure of how to do it another way.

Report Post Tip

I believe you answered your own question. You said that at the end of the day a captain works for their Godfather or Godmother who authed them. When that captain chooses to break away from that person who authed them and start shooting of their own accord, then they could easily be deemed a rogue since they are acting outside of the limits of their authority.

As for your other question about other cities tag teaming on this rogue-acting CL, my understanding is that a city's Godfather or Godmother is certainly capable of handling their own problems, while the other Godfathers and Godmothers will act only if it is in their best interests to do so. Regardless, I don't believe this is the place to discuss anything more specific on these lines.

Report Post Tip

Oh, come on.  Most everyone is just DYING for a chance to shoot at other people.  If someone goes "rogue" (by one definition or the other) they are no longer protected by our system.  Open season.

Report Post Tip

Skates your follow up confused me a little, I know what happened in both of these cases. Well in the DK case which you brought up I know what was said by both. In the case or example I raised I know pretty much everything that happened.

Kate here is the problem with what you are saying, people are pushed to have a voice in our world. They are looked down upon by the elite if they do not. Most people are mindless drones when it comes to our streets, either intimidated by the sure size of them or fear for saying the wrong thing and dying. Others the select few Butt Ox being one, Tallien another even the family line of Mob Barley (like him or not) they will come out to our streets and say what they want and how. Nothing in my brothers speech was off kilter other than the title itself WHICH has already been explained. It was general observation brought about in a tradional setting in proper decorum. NOW if you assume that it was in regards to ONE particular event then yes of course that context changing. But that would be on the person making those assumptions.

Report Post Tip

I've confused myself a little. When I wrote all responses I wasn't......... sober or drunk but something green and sticky was the culprit I can tell you that.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Can't be arsed with a title. Just read please
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL