Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 22:02:46
Page:  1 
Home City. Started by: Antony-Lorano on Oct 03, '09 11:19

Dragging a soap box behind him Tony Lorano walks down the street. He watches other proud men and women making announcements, weaving tales, or just venting their spleens to anyone who would listen. Clearing his throat he steps up onto his box, drawing a few eyes towards him. Looking a little timid he opens his mouth and starts speaking:

"I'm bringing forward a topic of discussion I haven't heard covered in the streets during my lifetime (short though that be), or during the lifetimes of my ancestors.. And I have always been curious about it.

This thing of ours is essentially a business, some of its principal points involve making money.. Almost no matter what the cost. But we're not simply businessmen, nor are we simply mindless criminals. We believe in honour, loyalty.

So here is my question: Your whole family dates back from one city. Back to when they first touched feet on this soil. But then you come along, you look around a bit and you notice that maybe this isn't the best city, maybe you could get a better life, more money somewhere else.

So what do you choose? Business? or Blood?"

He steps down from the soap box, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead and waiting for replies.

Report Post Tip

Ttarrab stands up straighter from the crowd, avidly listening to other's orations.

"I believe in Blood! From my humble upbringing just outside Rome, to where I am today, I have always, ALWAYS, respected my family and ancestors. Nothing can be more important to me than following in their footsteps, and making a successful life here for myself! It matters not whether the business is perhaps harder to come by in a city, I will remain there, and do the damn best that I can! As long as I am in the city of my family, I know I cannot fail."

Everyone around is stunned by this speech, and Ttarrab carefully and concisely leaves the crowd, and out of everyone's sight...

Report Post Tip

Loyalty is of the utmost importance.  When you accept an invitation into a family, and, thus, a city, you are a member of that family for life.  For better or for worse.

Occasionally, by your leader's request, you may be asked to go and help a another family (usually a young one that is just getting started), but this is usually within the same city and with a crew that is very closely affiliated with your own.  But only at your leader's command.

The short answer is "blood."  or yours will most likely be spilled.

Report Post Tip

"blood"

i am a loyal man, always have been.

Report Post Tip

Cosmo, with the gretest respect.. You missed the point of what I was saying. I am not suggesting leaving a family after you have been invited into it, nor would i ever condone that. I am suggesting that say, you are X. yourfather Y was from chicago, your grandppy Z was from chicago. Even your great gradpappy was from Chicago. but you, X, want to work somewhere difernt to your forebearers.

Report Post Tip

Oh.  Well then that's no problem.  Unless there are particular circumstances, you're not necessarily under any obligation to work where your father worked.  Sorry for misunderstanding.

Report Post Tip

No problem, just didn't want anyone thinking I was condoning jumping ship from the family that graciously takes you in.

Smiles wryly

Report Post Tip

Without hesitation mafiamaxxxx steps forward

'Blood' always stick to that city never turn your back on them unless there is a valid reason.

Report Post Tip

Loco stops to hear this mans speech and approaches him 

Blood over City always.

When your loyal to your city, Money and the other stuff is soon to follow.

turns around and vanishes in the crowd

Report Post Tip

Strolling near the conversation, Saint pauses to let his piece in. As he speaks, his deep bass voice resonates a clear, powerful tone of voice.

"There are three elements that compose a man; a true Mafioso. Blood is the first. Undying loyaly, blood to family and it shall never be challenged. Brains are the second: A man must have the brains to do know what to do for his family, or how to accomplish any given task. The final is Balls. You must always have the balls to do whatever is necessary in any situation, and never think twice."

Report Post Tip

Stay loyal to your city.

Report Post Tip

Blood is thicker than water I believe.  My family comes first.  My Uncle came from New Orleans.  He loved the city and its leader but when he died, he sent me a letter saying that I should follow the family and so I did.  I made my home in New York because that's where my family went.

Report Post Tip

Thank you all for your contributions, I feel like I have a much richer understading of the topic now,

Thanks again,

#

Report Post Tip

Astray smiles as she listens to the men respond to Antony-Lorano's question

Interesting. Nearly all, except maybe one, agree that its best to stay in the city of our ancestors. And, yet, we are all immigrants. If somewhere back in our family history, someone didn't decide to pull up stakes and come to America we'd all be back in Italy struggling to eke out a meager existance.

Report Post Tip

I don't think this is a question that can be answered correctly by anyone really. So far that is. For that matter, I can't guarentee there is a right answer.

Anyway... We are all loyal to our bloodlines. Ofcourse. They are our family. They are where we come from and why we're here. However, just because you're family line has always worked in say... Philadelphia. Doesn't mean that you, as a new immigrant to our shores should make way to that city without fully considering where you could do most and earn the most. You make the decision of where you should work and who you should work for within the first few days of entering our world. You may have made friends with someone when you were younger and they have come to America to try out the life of crime. You find that they have started working for New York crime bosses. So you go there, instead of where your earliar bloodlines have gone.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Home City.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL