Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 21:12:45
Page:  1 
Waiting for Mister X Started by: -Lana- on Oct 03, '09 16:19

The streets of New York are dark and deserted. All I can hear is the faint sound of big band music coming from a club a couple of blocks down. The september air is cool, perfect for something like this.

I left my usual dress and heels at home and opted for black slacks, turtle neck and flat shoes... the echo of clicking heels is the last thing I need. I skim along the alley wall with my .38 in hand and croutch next to the dumpster on the left, having perfect vision of the faded, paint chiped HQ door on the other side. To the other end of the alley, Santo is waiting in the Deuce Coupe, watching and ready to back me up. All I can see is the lit end of his cigar though the shadow of the night. I can't imagine having a better partner.

Earlier that day, I was called into my boss's office. Starshine was sitting behind her desk, she was always calm and cool but I could see by the fire in her eyes that she was pissed. "Sit down Lana"...and I did so nervously, wondering what was wrong. She stood, and started pacing. " Lana, remember the new thug we talked about yesterday? He's screwing around and causing trouble all over the place. I warned him but he doesn't get it. He's not getting another chance to embarrass this family so the fucker needs to die, and I want you to do it. I don't care how, but I want it done tonight."

I was astonished that she would choose me and proud that she did. "Yes ma'am!"  I answered before I left and searched HQ for Mister X. I found him in the louge having a drink by the window so I got one of my own and joined him. I smiled sweetly and introduced myself, never having met him personnaly. Its amazing the amount of information he gave up with just a little flirtation. I knew exactly where he was going to be every moment of the day. No wonder Star wanted him gone.

So now I'm waiting for him to come out. The big band music is replaced by the sound of waking birds as dawn breaks. I glance at the Coupe, Santo grins and winks at me. I look at my watch as the minutes tick away...Shit, what's taking him so long?

I tense up as the door creaks open and Mister X walks out. He takes a few steps and stops to light a cigarette. Here's my chance, the moment I've been waiting for. I came out of my hiding place and walk to him, anticipating the thrill of the kill. He notices me..."Ey, Lana baby!"...He looks arrogantly up and down at me and doesn't notice my piece. This is going to be so easy. Not saying a word, I raise my gun and pull the trigger...my gun explodes. Did you see me die, my love?

Now I sit here on a cloud, I don't know why I have wings on my back. Lucifer keeps humping my leg, trying to pull me down but I kick him off every time. Looking down, I see my funeral. My casket is covered in flowers and my devastated Santo being comforted by Merci. I see my twin sister shaking hands with Cash, she's thanking him for some reason. I see friends and family members from another time. Telegrams are pilling up in HQ as I humbly realise how many friends I had.

I bid you farewell my love, my friends and telegram poets. It's time for me to fly!

Lana

Report Post Tip

Mr Ox watches Lana fall to the ground. As he stands in shock, he cannot help but wonder why the lady did not pronounce the "O" in "Mr Ox".

"Dames, I'll never understand them."

Looking down at the ground, Mr Ox speaks softly to the corpse...

"You always said that if you couldn't have me, nobody could. So you tried to kill me, and I made your gun explode with the power of my mind..."

"Why the violence, Lana? All you ever wanted was to love me, and now this..."

Report Post Tip

Lana peeks down from the heavens and looks at Butt Ox gently.

Oh, poor Butt Ox. He's been trying to get my attention for so long now that he is delirious with grief. His eyes are swollen with such tears that he can't read properly. You should have tried harder when I was alive, you might have conquered my heart.

Angle Lana blows a kiss and Butt Ox feels a light breeze on his cheek.

Report Post Tip

did not care to much for this stary. don't like starshine at all. boo boo this sucks.but lana is cool.

Report Post Tip

Oh, ClownPrince, sorry that you didn't like this "stary". As for not liking Starshine, I understand, strong, competent, intelligent women, are a turn off to allot of men.

Report Post Tip

I wanted to personally apologize to Starshine and NY for the actions of my young wiseguy above. It would appear he doesn't understand that leaders are to be respected, and that one should always keep there feelings to themselves.

Report Post Tip

Great story Lana... and impressive writing, i personaly did'nt see any type-o's. I just wish others would make such an effort when they write up their comments. Jeez... what is a stary anyways, i dont believe i saw that one in the dictionary. Anyhow, no need to mention anymore, the story's great. Keep at it Lana, i love your stuff.

-Sneak!

Report Post Tip

good story, keep em comin

Report Post Tip

i aggre

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Waiting for Mister X
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL