Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 02:00:19
Page:  1 
Innovation in Las Vegas (II) Started by: Tallien on Oct 06, '09 04:44

In my time here I've seen many people given the nod to run their own operation or a new branch of their family. Most turned out to be a disappointment, some weren't capable, some weren't ready and a few had what it took and actually succeeded. I've found that very few people here can actually do a good job of running a crew, especially if it is their first attempt at doing it. This is what has led us to where we are today.

I approached Aurora over this around the same time that I discussed innovation in Las Vegas and she concurred that this was a worthwhile pursuit. We have decided that I will open a headquarters in Las Vegas and setup my operation there. The twist however that makes this different from any other auth is that I will be utilising my considerable expertise and applying these to train and educate a successor. I will recruit a RHM and train them on how to best to run a successful crew. This opportunity will allow the RHM to demonstrate their own ability in running a crew and proving to myself and Aurora that they are ready to take the reins themselves.

Running your own operation or your own crew is one of the highest honours that you can ever achieve and I intend to make that paramount in Las Vegas. For far too long we have tolerated mute and frankly unworthy auths, but I intend to change that. Nobody can question my own satisfaction of every credential required to lead and I intend to make sure my successor is in the same position before they are handed the keys to their own HQ.

Any issues you may have with our crew should be addressed to myself, although do not see it as a slight if my RHM responds to you. Should something be a pressing concern that only I can deal with, then obviously I will do. I intend to work primarily behind the scenes in the day to day operation of the crew, well away from any prying eyes in blue.

Let's do this shit.

Grin.

~T~

Report Post Tip

This is an idea that I fully support - yes, Aurora and Tallien are delighted to hear it - and one that I believe can produce some good results if done well, which I'm sure it will be. Often we see someone who looks like they are potentially shaping up to have the makings of a CL, and also often we find out that they don't...but only once they are in power.

This could be a nice balance between exposing your RH to the day-to-day necessities, hardships and pleasures of running a family, whilst also giving them time to develop under a good leader and into a good leader themselves. To step aside down the line when they are ready might not be easy, but it will be at that point that you will get full satisfaction from this project.

Best of luck on your journey to that point.

Report Post Tip

Interesting. A mobster having actual training and working his way up to the CL position is considered "innovation" these days. And here I thought that was how it was always supposed to be done.

Cynicism aside, congrats Tallien. I hope more families follow your example.

Report Post Tip

This is by far one of the best ideas out there at this time. It's simplicity is what makes it so great. Oh If my great grand pappy had of had the chance to learn what was needed before he fool hardily decided to make a go of it in New Orleans things may have turned out greatly different from it.

It's clear to me from his journals that diving in feet first as he did was definitely not the way to go about things. Good luck with this venture and I look forward to see what comes from it.

Report Post Tip

I look forward to working with Tallien and learning from him. I made a promice to Our beloved Godmother Aurora that I would work hard and follow every instruction given to me. Heres to a prosperous future for Las Vegas!

Report Post Tip

Walks up and puts hand on Talliens Shoulder

I am not sure I fully understand guaranteeing a Goomba a family no matter who he learns from, but I have been around the block in a few worlds with you Tallien and Aurora has been patient and fair from all I have seen.

_Ragnorak_ You have been given something no one in our world at least to my memory has ever been given and that is a golden ticket to a clean crisp Suit. I have to openly admit I am jealous and would be lying if I said I wasn't waiting for you to fail. How ever, all that being said as a loyal member of Vegas I will do what I can to see you prove me wrong.

Report Post Tip

We can never garantee the out come of this new idea will work but I personally hope it does..

Talliens family line has been around the block and I'm sure at some point our family lines have crossed paths whether good or bad I don't know, either way Tallien is probably one of few people best suited to pull this off.

Goodluck and Vive Las Vegas!!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Innovation in Las Vegas (II)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL