Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:18:53
Page:  1 
Mobile/Cell Connections / MR Version Started by: Cato on Oct 06, '09 06:10

How difficult/time consuming/expensive/completely impossible would it be to make a mobile version of MR that would allow a limited range of functions (say, petty, felony, drugs, fly) but would load more quickly over a cellular data network?

Being completely useless with coding etc etc I have no idea of the work that would be involved. Is this something for the future or just no way?

C

Report Post Tip

I guess another idea, and probably an easier one, would be to make the loading of the 60-second player names at the bottom of the screen optional, since this presumably makes loading times slower. So you could log on from your mobile phone and switch off the list...

Report Post Tip

Just add all the relevant URLs to your bookmarks, it's not that slow to be honest.

Report Post Tip

I'm open to correction here, but I believe that this is on the 'to do' list for the admins.

There is a handy 'phone toolbar' doing the rounds (ty to depth for that one), which might be handy for anyone who does use their phone frequently. Don't use it myself, so can't give you the url for it, but I know it exists and is a big help to those that do use it.

Report Post Tip

http://www.geocities.com/mafiahelper/phone.html

It's a simple link, it works on my blackberry.

Report Post Tip

Maybe a mafia returns appliation like they have for facebook.

Report Post Tip

thanks for the link

when I log on via my blackberry I only get half the screen, gonna try that link ASAP

Report Post Tip

Cheers for the help everyone. I guess one of the main issues apart from connection speed is the size of the links at the top of the page - they go tiny on the iphone meaning constant zooming in is necessary. Will give that link a try.

C

Report Post Tip

I play on my phone in class all the time.  And the game loads just fine.  I mean it takes a little longer than it does on the computer, but not too long.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Mobile/Cell Connections / MR Version
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL