Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 02:47:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Mafioso of Today. Started by: Dagenham_Beast on Oct 09, '09 08:33

That's the whole point, you didn't single anyone out. You addressed it to everyone. What you've actually said is 'if you don't agree with my preffered approach on the subject, here take a big dose of 'Go fuck yourself'.

Ok, I disagree. Are you telling me to go fuck myself?

~T~

Report Post Tip

I am beyond caring about this subject now, you are obviously after my blood.

As I said, any problems with anything I have said, feel free to mobmail me about it or the such.

Report Post Tip

sits down next to Tallien

Dagenham although it is true you answer simply to your leader the grand picture is not so centric. Your leader answers to a Godfather/mother whom is responsible to maintane a working and respectful decorm with the other heads (GM/GF) etc. So you only answering to one single person has a trail of liability behind it. I have seen and experienced Mafioso being killed over less and speeches given in a MUCH more respectful fashion than this. I say Mafioso because anyone who comes to our streets yelling "Go Fuck Yourself" and "Fucking Speech" or "Fuck this that and the otherthing" are not that, they are gangsters and hoodlums. Being Made doesn't give a person the right to act with bravado and disrepect to those around them ingeneral, it means they are held to a higher standard. You state that our practices as a whole of welcoming people to our world is degrading our lifestyle in general, I will counter that people who deviate from the decorum and respect it takes to work in our world with such public outbursts has more of a negative effect.

Report Post Tip

That's not what you said to begin with. That is the point.

What you said was 'if you don't agree with my preffered approach on the subject, here take a big dose of 'Go fuck yourself', as well as 'I dont give a shit what you say, I'm going to make my fucking speech anyway.'

The point I'm trying to get across to you is that you aren't in any position to make statements like that, as I hope you're now realising.

~T~

Report Post Tip

I know what position I am in, I do not need reminding about that.

I was voicing an opinion, what the streets are for I believe, I used strong words to get a point across. The point being that my opinion will not change on the matter, again I will say, I care very little about this subject anymore. If you wish to take offence to a small mistake in words in my speech, then so be it.

Report Post Tip

Though it was certainly expressed arrogantly, I think that the reason that this Dagenham lad hasn't met with harm is because he made some very good points about the dangers of recruiting in an over-aggressive way.  It weakens the value of membership in a family, which lowers the all-around standard.

Report Post Tip

Clearly you did need reminding, or you wouldn't have gone so cavalier with this in the first place. The fact that you've downgraded your opinion from if I disagree go fuck myself, to if you have any problems mail me, to a mistake in words, shows that you've since realised the error.

And Cosmo, I think the whole discussion demonstrates the dangers of being over-aggressive.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Well Tallien, personally I think more the fact that I have gained the attention of atleast one leader to this subject is more a success than an error. But feel free to disagree...

Report Post Tip

If I was championing the cause for your death for being disrespectful, I doubt you would still class getting my attention in this manner as a success. Plus, you would also have still received my attention whether you were disrespectful or not and I would definately suggest the latter as less hazardous to your health.

But feel free to disagree...

Grin.

~T~

Report Post Tip

Smiles.

None the less I have gotten your, and probably many others, attention. Alas I doubt much will change either way, hence me caring very little.

I also believe if you had ACTUALLY wanted me dead, I would have been dead long ago.

Grin.

Report Post Tip

true i agre with it

Report Post Tip

Presenting a position, then exclaiming (with pride) that you don't wish to be bothered with any counter arguments doesn't exactly encourage constructive discourse.  It's the attitude of a zealot who doesn't want to experience the cognitive dissonance associated with propagating a bad idea.

Not that what you've presented is a bad idea.  I mean, I've heard this speech roughly 30 times and it's always been a good idea.  You've injected a bit of new life into it by insulting those who treat their underlings with kid-gloves, calling them "Ball-less."  On reading that I immediately thought of a song lyric I'd once heard:  "Real gangsters don't flex nuts, because real gangsters know they got 'em."

You're right, for all practical purposes you don't answer to anyone but your crew leader.  But the moment you open your mouth in the streets, you answer to every mafioso who wanders by.

Report Post Tip

I must say Vito-T, that is by far the best reply I have heard this evening.

I agree that I am a subject to whomever decides to walk by, hence why I made it clear that I dont care. I was merely voicing my opinion for otehrs to elaborate on, If the situation changes or not from this speech, is not really a concern for me.

Report Post Tip

But sir, if we all "really don't care" then how is anything going to ever change?  It takes people who DO care to bring about change in almost any situation.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafioso of Today.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL