Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 04:06:15
Page:  1 
What about the rest? Started by: MelisII on Oct 09, '09 14:21

MelisII walks quickly along the streets until she finds THE corner. The one corner she wanted to speak on. The one that would catch the most ears if you will. She takes a deep breath before going into her speech.

"For those of us who have had parents that have fallen along side with leaders in a war have you ever noticed that these people are forgotten? Somehow people just begin to forget they existed. It's these people that help during wars. It is the forgottens that helped do what they could and not stand behind and wait for the war to finish. It's these that die right there with their bosses and friends that are forgotten. They weren't higher ranked so they should be forgotten? They lost their lives for what they believed in, so they couldn't have gotten farther up in this world then they had. Unfortunate circumstances. Just take a minute to remember those that have been forgotten. They were just as good as anyone else. May the Forgotten rest in peace."

MelisII stops talking and just looks at everyone straight in the eyes before turning around. Walking swiftly back down the street.

Report Post Tip

A nice sentiment, but considering that three-quarters of the Bosses are forgotten a week after they die, it should not come as a surprise to you that the people who worked for them are forgotten as well.

Hell, half of the Bosses that are alive right at this moment make me scratch my head and wonder when they came into power. They are forgotten even before they die. In recent history, the only Bosses worth remembering who have since passed on are Brick Politt and Jimmy the Lion Heart.

If people want to be remembered, they have to make themselves memorable. Nobody is going to remember some random name who did nothing other than sit around with their thumb up their butt.

Report Post Tip

takes thumb out of Butt

We have a short memory in our line of work, we have too. Can you imagine the pain, guilt and depression that would sweep our world if we did not? I also agree with Seniore Ox as well, I do not remember most of the leaders who have died in the past two weeks never mind their members. I do remember individuals from time to time, but they are the ones who make an effort to be heard and seen. When you live your life hidden in your HQ avoiding the Streets at all cost's you are not remember outside of your HQ's.

As a side note we are a very large community in nature so being remembered by the mass's is something very very few people will achieve.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Sir Butt_Ox and Hazelspoon_Flamegoo. I wasn't asking for people to remember them by name but just to take a moment to remember they existed at one point. It just seems to me and this is all my own opinion anyways, that if anyone is going to be remembered they have to be one of the ones that show up in white.  

Report Post Tip

The dead are always remembered, not necessarily by name, but they are remembered, that doesn't mean to say we have to come to the streets to make sure that people know we remember them.  I don't fully understand the nature of this speech.

In this life, we tend to only remember those who truly make a difference to us personally.  We not only remember them but get to know there successors, offspring etc.

Just because we don't all shout about it, doesn't mean we don't care.

Report Post Tip

That is very true AlleyTiger we remember those that have personaly made a difference to us. Or that were great and made a difference to loads of people.

After all the past is Over. Lets think about the Future.

Report Post Tip

My father fought in a few wars, alongside a boss, and alongside other bosses.  But more importantly, fought wars alongside many other soldiers too.  And I agree with AlleyTiger.  Those men and women have never been forgotteon.  And they will never be forgotten. 

The question is - does it matter to you that you are forgotten by others in the community?  Do you do the things you do so you are not forgotten?  That's not why I do the things I do. 

Report Post Tip

I feel that the reason they are forgotten is that there are simply too many to remember. The bosses are a bit easier to remember for you see their name in bold everyday. Perhaps even the RH/LH. The hit squad is the group that help the most in a war and most people never know who is on a bosses hit squad. Therefore, the ones that help during a war are sometimes never known. The ones that are known are forgotten just as the bosses are.

For instance, many in this game probably remember the great war between Anita and Scotland before the purge. How many remember the people that helped in the war other than the GMs?

Report Post Tip

In times of war, countless faces die every day. Do they deserve to be remembered, sure! But to be remembered by the masses, you must do something to stand out. No one will remember the young solider who died as the result of the war, but everyone will remember a solider who jumps on the gernade to save his friends. With so many people going BOLD or slanty these days, its hard to keep up. Until they do something that stands out, no one but their crew will really remember them if they pass.

Report Post Tip

Fayth listens quietly in a corner before speaking up

Well if every person remembers a few then isn't that what you want? Most people forget those they dont know and only remember those they do.

Fayth heads back and sits in her corner

Report Post Tip

I think it becomes much easier to forget the more times you've been around the block. Things become less impressive than they once were, rank becomes relative, achievements become overshadowed and it is only those who change the world who become any way memorable.

Someone earlier asked the question; do you care about being forgotten? To me that is a question you should ask yourself daily. The majority of us want to build a legacy and talk a great game until we get the opportunity we've craved. Then we end up sitting around doing nothing and squander the opportunity we tried so hard to fashion. What is the point? Did you come to these shores with the attitude "what I'd like to do is get a crew of my own, look up to the big guys and live happily ever after"? Hell, no. You came here like the rest of us, wanting to call the shots and have power. Nobody fondly remembers the powerless.

By all means remember those who deserve to be remembered, those who have earned that honour, but I'm not going to be lighting any candles for nameless Bosses who sat around in their HQ too scared to risk living. If they deserved mourning, they wouldn't be forgotten.

If you're discussing the lower ranks who died in service of their crews, good on them, however those type of sacrifices are only valuable to the crews they fought for. Simply put they weren't as good as anyone else, or they would have been top of the pile and remembered as a result.

~T~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What about the rest?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL