Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 22:55:53
Page:  1 
Philly's Business Bureau Started by: Il_Siciliano on Oct 09, '09 21:35

Bustling with businessmen and women speaking sitting outside of their local, speaking of the bank clerks and post office attendants who got in their way earlier that day with big smiles on their face as they tell their story to making a quick buck, the street is certainly busy at this time of evening.

A lorry quietly screeches driving down the road, you hear shouting emanate from the back, you can't quite make out what is being said but it sounds directed at the driver. A couple more bursts then the van stops there, dead in the middle of the streets before a young boy opens the van hub door and runs away, down the street in fear.

You stare at the stationary vehicle for a minute before getting back to your story telling and sipping your drink.

A few minutes pass before you hear shots fired, the back door to the lorry now swings open as the lock is destroyed you grow investigative so stand up with your friends and walk over to have a look with your piece in your hand ready for whoever is in there. You look around to notice every mafioso from their table is slowly approaching the vehicle the same way you do.

As you get closer you notice a man, sitting down with a shotgun in one hand and a bottle of 12 year whisky in the other.

The man notices he has attracted an audience so places his shotgun down onto one of the box's in the lorry before coughing to clear his throat.

Er, Hello everyone. I was meant to drop this off at a bar in Philly. Good help, so hard to find these days. *He grumbles before muttering* Fucking civilians *and taking a sip from his bottle*

So for the plebeian methods of my drinking, I seem to have ran out in my hip-flask and can't find a glass anywhere. Anyway, I was meant to drop this off and then come to the streets on behalf of Philadelphia. We'll I guess there's no time like the present. So I bring you the new *and with that he raises his bottle and his voice* the Philadelphia business district overseer... me!

The business district has been a bit unkept of late, but all this is to change. No longer is it in free fall in Philadelphia. Now the businesses will have a code they must follow to keep their right to stay there.

We will no longer allow squatters to set up business in our fine city. Businesses will now have to start paying for their right to be there.

He pulls out a scroll from the inside of his jacket and breaks the waxed seal before unrolling it. This is a man who clearly goes out of his way to be eccentric

To run a business you have two options. You can either rent it, for $50,000 a week with the condition that if you do not make ten unique customers in a week we will charge you an additional $50,000 penalty and for each subsequent week you are not visited by ten unique customers.

The second option is to buy your property, the land is your as you please. There is no minimum requirement for customer visits but instead the you pay the infinitesimal amount of $500,000, and as said no additional customer requirements.

Current business owners have received notification which describes details on what the effects are on their bussiness.

Mail me before set up, tell me if you are buying or renting and send the appropriate cost or you will be charged $100,000 in administration fee.

I speak with approval on behalf of Philadelphia

With that he drops the bottle, grabs a chain from the wooden rack on the inside of the lorry and jumps down to chain up the door. He walks to the front of the long lorry before climbing into the hub and slamming the door. The engine blasts again as he turns it on before you hear his struggling with the gears, a loud screeching emanating from the lorry. A cloud of dust comes flying from the exhaust pipe as he starts on his wayward journey to Philly.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Philly's Business Bureau
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL