Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 04:20:52
Page:  1 
The Forgotten Started by: yumeryu3 on Oct 09, '09 22:11

For no reason at all, I felt the urge to write this with no anticipation of a response or anything of the sort, but here goes anyway.

Why is it that those who fight the wars, who shed the blood, who make the biggest sacrifice are the ones who are forgotten the easiest and quickest? Why, are they the ones, who are remembered as nothing more than a name carved into a stone some place. A name carved in a stone lost among a sea of other names, carved into the same stone.

What is worse is that those are the same people who have the most to offer. The most wisdom and enlightenment. The best life education possible.

It's not until a person is within seconds of death. When one is in a position where survival is not only uncertain, but unlikely, that they get to see the reality of themselves. They get to see who they really are. When a bullet goes by your head so closely that you smell the gunpowder, feel the warmth, and get a rush of air in your face from the speed of it. Then, do you really get a glimpse into your appreciation for life. A glimpse at who you really are.

Anyone who has been in combat knows this, has experienced this, if they looked close enough.

Report Post Tip

the dead are always be remembered but this is the life of mafia where a 1 itsy bitsy mistake can get you head shot and where wars is over when all is the other parties at the cemetery.. Their words will always be remembered for it is their mouth that awakes us and help us in our daily life..ive never experienced combat, maybe in a distant future from there it is duly noted..

Puck walks away to the nearest bar

Report Post Tip

They are not forgotten my friend, see you care for them and same here also, we only think they are, cause we don't talk much about them, We have our own path of life my friend they choose that path to contribute more than their selves, even if they die the will their thoughts their words will still be live forever.

Most of the people choose to die in a glimpse of an eye, did you ever think why my friend? Why they choose to have the bullet straight to their head rather than straight to their heart?

It's because the difference is when you get shot through the heart it means your not dead you will feel great pain, bleeding till you become deft your vision become blurred after a couple seconds you feel cold and become numb and die, Yes it is true at that time joyful memories will come out you will not think about the pain you feel but the appreciation of life of what you are now and what achievements you've got so far in life, But for me, Why most of the people like a quick death? It's because they don't want to feel the pain killing them slowly while thinking about what will they left, If you're in a front of you're family dying do you still want to die slowly to appreciate what achievements you've got so far in life or what goodness you've done so far for them and for you're country? or you only feel sadness thinking of what they feel about you, Will you change you're mind and choose a quick death? Some people die in leukemia they have a long time to appreciate good things in life and also their given life, The question is are they happy? Why? They already know they will die soon, Did their family appreciate the life they've spent with him or her? also vice versa? or they hunger for her life to be extend?.

There's no difference my friend dying in a quick way or in a slow way you can't choose what kind of death you want, It all matters about the things you would left on this planet, you're body will only die but not your memories, your wisdom or your soul if you're a good or a bad person in life you will always be remember, People or we don't talk about the dead simply because we know and respect them. 

"-Deathstalker- nod to yumeryu3 and walk away in silent"

Report Post Tip

Actually, I believe that the ones who shed blood and so on as you mentioned are known only within a selected circle. Very few become a legend/hero and within the mafioso world, that probability is even less likely. But the ones who do remember are less likely to chat about the dead over tea. But they do keep the memory in their hearts, and reflect on it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Forgotten
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL