Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 00:34:45
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
young blood Started by: Kingworm3 on Oct 10, '09 10:21

money money money is all the talk with the young blood  they dont really know about the real life of the mafia so let me tell them

there are more inporant thing then money like family thats what it about your mother  father  sistter brother wife and kids family thats why we are here to protect them from other so they will be safe an d could live free

next it respect  respect is only earned not given and you cant buy it thats why we start ouy as small men to build our way up to earn our respect to say i did what you did and help people learn kand know that your not the one to mess with

next theres turst a man words is all he come in this world with so stat honest people like honest men the one who kee3p there word so never lose your words your honor buy losing your trust cause once you lose that you lose every thing

after you have all that taken care of then you can worry about money young blood

Report Post Tip

To be honest I think money comes first.

If you can't earn for me, then I don't care how respectful, honourable or trustworthy you are. I don't carry dead weight just because they are polite.

~T~

Report Post Tip

trust me with all that you will get your money  cause more jobs will open up when people trust and respect you

Report Post Tip

Tallien is correct. They are in that family to serve the boss and earn for the boss. If there not earning there not fulfilling that. But of course they should also be very hourable, respectful and trustworthy ALL mafioso should be.

Lights his cigar.

Report Post Tip

Nobody in there right mind will have somebody to work for them if they cant trust them they will lose money cause they will steal it  or mess it up or even use that to put you away

Report Post Tip

You misunderstand what I mean.

You're advocating trust, respect and honour, which are all important ideals within the mafia. However, as I've said before, if you believe every gangster is trustworthy, honourable and respectful you need to open your eyes a bit.

I am here to make money. I am not here to have tea with the Queen of England. I do not need someone who is only respectful, honourable and trustworthy. I need someone who can make me money.

Yes, being honourable is important. Yes, being respectful is important. Yes, being trustworthy is important. However, the driving force behind everything I do is money. Money is the starting point, if you can't make me money everything else is irrelevant. If you want to progress you'll need the other ideals at some point, but without the ability to make money, you won't reach the point where they become worthwhile.

~T~

Report Post Tip

I understand yhat  but it not  always bout money  so all you want to have is money thats it  i mean you caan always teach people to make money jusyt like you had to learn right

Report Post Tip

No King your not listening to her properly. Tallien is very rightfully saying that trust and honour is needed. BUT so is making money. Money means power, so you need your family to make you money so if there not earning its not made up for just because they are trustworthy and honourable.

Report Post Tip

Yeah they are here to serve the boss but if there earning but their getting in trouble and disrespectful then your just gonna kill them. So they need to learn respect and earn your trust. So i agree with both sides. You need to have it all to make in this thing of ours.

Report Post Tip

Yes tony that is right. But when you are allowed to be part of 'this thing of ours' you are expected to be trustworthy, honourable and respectful. So you must earn aswell.

Report Post Tip

I know that. Said i agree with both sides. Just that if you have to kill the guy for bein disrespectful and he isnt trusted then he wont be earning for you long if your gonna have to kill him.

Report Post Tip

I mean people who drove by money lose  the ponit and will do any thing to get it  so not to sink yhat low  yes monet is power but whats the point of power with no respect or trust somebody will just come take it from you so easy

Report Post Tip

shakes head
Kingworm you in my opinion are alittle of kilter, Money is the start. Respect and Honouring our way of life can be taught just as easily as maximizing your income potential. Trust you don't have or get right out of the gates anyway that is EARNED over time in many cases over generations of loyalty between family lines. How ever all the while learning your way through this thing of hours you have to be able to CONTRIBUTE financially to your family. Because with out that it is exactly as Tallien stated you are dead weight...

Report Post Tip

Yes, money is everything in this world. Respect doesn't buy you Bodyguards.

Your goal in life is to serve your Crew leader and earn money for him or her. Respect, honor, and others stuff like that will get you higher in life, such as maybe getting authed to run your own Crew, or running a city.

Until then, you should earn as much money as you can, or die and let another earner take your spot.

Report Post Tip

I think both sides have a point to be honest. While bosses do need earners, they do not want earners sneaking off information to someone else. That's where loyalty, trust and the rest of it comes in. You need to earn, but you also need to be loyal to your family and work hard to make sure that your boss trusts you too. That's the key to more money as well as a good future in that family. So yes, being an earner is important but it's also important to share those qualities you mentioned.

Report Post Tip

Bang_Bang hearing the debate is anxious to give his opinion

well im only new to this thing of ours but in my view we're not a chivalrous order, we're not knights, we are not saints. Money is what matters the reason we dont all start tearing eachothers throats out is because it would be easier to make money this way not out of courtesy

Report Post Tip

Money rules the world evrywhere

Report Post Tip

Cato listens casually to the debate, and when the conversation lulls he steps up to speak

I think there's probably an important distinction needing to be drawn here that has been somewhat talked over. Everyone's speaking about 'mafiosi' in general, as if they were a homogeneous whole, i.e. that 'we' should or shouldn't be concerned primarily with money. Yet surely this is misguided - surely the line needs to be drawn between true Mafiosi - those made and above in a family - and associates, those who are called Wise Guys and those below them.

Now, regarding the lower tier of our society, I think the onus is definitely on money, so I'm with Tallien on that. If you can't earn well, you're of no use, plain and simple. You're never going to stand out enough to warrant your boss's approval when it comes to the question of you becoming made, and you're likely to irritate him/her into putting a bullet in you.

However, regarding those who are made, who are true family members, and above, the onus definitely shifts slightly. Sure, you gotta earn, and this has to reflect your greater capacity for earning - for example Harry Donahue allowing me to ship more drugs each time now that we have the understanding that we do. But also, bosses often look to RHM, LHM and their mades for their leadership qualities and their advice on a matter (this varies with the leader's style). If you're a terrible advice giver, or never reply to your boss on an issue, or keep bringing in associates who turn out to be terrible and useless, well, then I'd say that however much you earn, you wanna watch out.

I'm sure some crappy film in 70 years time will coin the line 'with great power comes great responsibility', but you heard it here first. It's true in this respect, because when you're in a position to influence your boss, or contribute to the family in a leadership/crew-development kinda way, you better have more than just the ability to earn under your belt. This includes too, I guess, having a sharp gun.

Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

Fayth watches the debate intrigued at the level of interest on all sides and decides to speak

Well to be fair trust, respect and such-like need to be earned themselves do they not? So why not earn money at the same time? Semms to stand to reason that Crew Leaders need money for taxes and such so the crew should be making money and if its your Crew Leader I believe you would find it easier to earn respect by earning money at the same time.

Fayth wanders off to see others to speak with of business and such

Report Post Tip

I agree with all, but everybody needs their family.They are the ones that allow you to feel protected...the money will come down the road,but I suggest you never forget about your family.That's how I earn my respect.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: young blood
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL