Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 18:43:07
Page:  1 
I wonder where the dead go Started by: Frickin_Revenge on Oct 14, '09 21:37

While walking around the dark streets, I came upon a homeless shelter.  The homeless and drunks were sitting around the entrance.  As I came upon a heavy door, with a iron clasp doorknob, I opened it and walked to the rear of the room where another door stood with two heavily armed men were guarding it.  I walked past them, and opened the door... then proceeded down the stairs into another large room.  There on the walls were plaques on the wall of names of those who died.  I walked up to one, brushed the dust off the face, where it read "Ross89".  I paused for a moment, then looked to the one below it which read "Evonstein"... as i pondered the memory of these two people, i wondered what their souls would be doing now.

Report Post Tip

Nicely spoken. Is that not the main question in life? What happens when we die? Humans have wondered this since the beginning of time. Tis the main reason religion was created. We shall never know until our time comes.

Report Post Tip

A good read, short and concise, but deep at the same time.

Report Post Tip

He makes a good point.

Report Post Tip

I think the souls will come back from the dead and start new lives.

Report Post Tip

Very short story,but also very interesting.Nice job....

Report Post Tip

Well if you actually read the bible you would know, exactly what happens when we die and even what jesus himself looks like in his natural yet supernatural form, so if you really wanna know ... then read the bible its not hard to do unless you can't see,hear or your fingers dont exist.

Report Post Tip

Yeah i wonder that sometimes what happens to our fellow family when they are murdered all those chats that we had our gone now and thats it really just time wasted or was it time well spent? my question to you then are you wasting your days or are you spending them with those you love? Its not to call you out but to make you reflect a little. Are you called to be better than why not be better is the way i look at it! 

Report Post Tip

I believe that this is a very well written piece, but perhaps a couple of paragraph markers and some speech marks to show when you are thinking would be beneficial.

When you die, do you wanna know where you go? Either a furnace or or the ground. They give you such an amazing range of things to have done with your body? What happens to your soul? Nothing, it doesn't exist. A soul is a human concept to define the essence of a human. It links back to religion, which is of course a stern alternative to science.

Don't get me wrong, religion can be beneficial for an individual, it can give a lost soul, excusing the phrase, purpose in life, or be the cornerstone for a new path. However there is strong evidence that science is right. I myself do not believe in any religion, I am an Atheist.

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and it is most definite that a figurehead such as god to base your life around would be good, however I do not think that belief should be thrust upon anyone, as some religions try to do.

Everyone should be able to make their own choice.

Terry, xxx

Report Post Tip

When i read this.this actually made me think of this point on a game level and a real life level

Report Post Tip

Very interesting, it does make you think

Report Post Tip

Rourke closed his eyes in memory of the dead BrianRourke (GRHS). He had long since given up on hopes that BrianRourke (GRHS) would come again in glory to judge the living and the dead. BrianRourke's mammoth corpse remained where it lay, right in the middle of Las Vegas between Main Street and Oak Avenue. Much like the proper procedure for a beached whale, clean-up crews were dispatched for several years before they gave up hope of sweeping away the rotting flesh that filled the street. Rourke placed a hand on Frickin_Revenge's shoulder and spoke solemnly.

I think the honest answer is that the dead are exactly where we left them. Some are glorified and placed in fancy mausoleums while others are left in the middle of the street after they perished from overeating. Some of the souls are returned to their families' former headquarters and others eventually possess mafiosos who claim to be the "son" or "daughter" of their long-lost relative.

I can only hope that one day when I pass, my soul goes with Jarlaxle (GRHS) to the great beyond. Until then, I am still looking for the soul of the long-lost ross89 so I may give him back this watch he lent me several ages ago.

Rourke flipped open his pocket watch and glanced at the picture of a smiling ross89. He wept softly to himself, closed it up, and continued on his way down the street.

Several thousand years later, BrianRourke's corpse still remained in the street and was used as a waste receptacle for nuclear parts.

Report Post Tip

The dead go to Jay Leno's party club, that's where they go! I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere else!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: I wonder where the dead go
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL