Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 12:51:50
Page:  1 
Never Forgotten To Me Started by: TimberRattlesnake on Oct 16, '09 22:48

TimberRattlesnake walks over to a park bench and sits down. There is a notebook in her hands and she's nervously biting her bottom lip. The notebook is a little worn and the top corners are bent. She looks at the doodles on the front and traces them with her finger tips. Wiping tears from her eyes she opens the front page and reads, "The records of Melis and her kin." Timber doesn't easily cry. She feels no shame in the tears that slowly caress her cheek. 

Opening the first pages she realizes her ancestor Melis wrote about Chicago. The good and the bad up until her death. Turning pages a bit she realizes that Melis' next of kin did not go to Chicago as most may have thought. Instead AngelicDemon took her own path and made her own way into Los Angeles. Los Angeles held dreams for her and hopes. Timber takes a breath before she continues. The war between Chicago and LA was what ended her life, along with a few people that were close to her. Timber wonders outloud, "I wonder if she would do the same as she did then now? I hope it was worth it to her."

Reading along the pages, slowly reading the feelings and confusion of her great grandmother MelisII. MelisII chose to remain in LA but her feelings got the better of her and she killed herself. It must have been hard having conflicting feelings and not knowing who to talk to when your mothers closest confident no longer lived. Timber wonders what could have gone into her grandmothers head to make her want to kill herself. She would have loved to have picked her brain just a little bit before she died then maybe she would understand. Flicking the pages she comes to her mothers account of her life knowing this would be the one that would break her heart the most she flips the book over and gathers her thoughts.

"So I've had one ancestor who died just because, another that died in war for her city and lastly one that suicided. Whats in store for me? Do I even want to know?" Rubbing her eyes she sighs and reopens hte notebook.

TimberRattlesnake begins to resd an exerpt outloud. "I've been banned from Los Angeles the one place my family felt at home and the one place that hurt us deeply. I've been looking for a place to go, somewhere that would take me in. I came across a friend of my family's a Sir BrustyNutz. He helped me to join The Double Snake Bite after my arguments with Los Angeles. My time here so far has been good. I enjoy the people of Philly and I was happy since my mother died." Tears streaming down TimberRattlesnake's face she could no longer read of her mother's thoughts and feelings of Los Angeles while she was banned. Pulling a handkerchief from her pocket she dabs at her eyes. Closing them for a few minutes she begins to smile inwardly. 

Proud! was all she could say. Her mother stood up for herself before going into Philly even if it cost her, her life. Whether she was in the right or wrong no one truly knows as she is passed away. God Rest all of their souls. Each one has a different experience of what they went through and what happened to them. They will never be forgotten. In my heart they will live and their stories will all be written. That's what the family notebook is for. Letting our next of kin know what has happened and where to learn from the mistakes that have been made.

Wondering aloud once again she ponders a thought. "If one ancestor died for Los Angeles and the other was killed by Los Angeles where do I stand? Should I be for oir against? These thoughts are ones I battle myself every day. However I made my choice." Timber smiles to herself as she remembers all those conversations with friends while she battled herself into figuring out where she should go. Los Angeles at the end of it was the only place she could go. 

The person who took her in, Sherlock, was a person she could turn to when she was angry or upset. Timber had a good feeling about choosing to be under Sherlock in LA. She knows it's easier to follow orders from someone you trust completely. Once again she knows should there be another war in Los Angeles (knock on wood that there won't be) that she would do all she could to defend her home from outsiders. 

Smiling she closes the notebook as she looks back on her ancestors past and their mistakes and triumphs she smiles. Absently tracing the cover with her fingertips she gets up from her bench in the park. Watching the sunset Timber realizes that this is her story now. Her beginning and chance to prove that she belongs here no matter what happened in the past with her mother. Sure there are times that her mothers ghost hangs over her whispering things and making her feel nervous being in this city, but she's determined to get past that and follow her own path like AngelicDemon once did. 

Report Post Tip

Blucka claps his hands and says "its kinda hard for me reading long stories...but ill make an exeption to yours.Very well written mate.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Blucka_Blucka.

Report Post Tip

MarioGambino:smiles  at timeber very well done hun. great story. show ur loyaity to ur self ur mother and ur city. i love both ur storys iam hope u keep writing.

Report Post Tip

Its a Beautiful Story TimberRattlesnake, i think what makes it best is just how far the family has come! Sister im happy to be family with you!

Report Post Tip

MarioGambino.. I am sure I wll keep writing just not sure about what now. 

Thank you both [MarioGambino and gionni] for your kind words on my story. 

Report Post Tip

Tony was sitting near by when he heard this all and turned to one of his own fellow crew members and says....

"Its nice to hear of ones blood line. It tells you how great they are going to be. From yours I think that there is much to be accomplished by you. I havnt talked to you much at all but your part of our crew and that makes you closer to me than most people are."

Tony tips his hat to her and then walks away towards his own decided destination.......

Report Post Tip

Nice job.

Report Post Tip

Very well thought out and written story. It was a good read.

Report Post Tip

TimberRattlesnake nods to Tony and smiles.

Thank you Tony, Kvothe and Sherlock.

Report Post Tip

It's always good to have something from our ancestors that tells their story. I'm glad you decided to share that bit of them with us here. 

Report Post Tip

I have been meaning to take a gander at this for some time now. I am not fond of listening long stories. However, yours was worth it. It is always good to remember what your family stood for. I also applaud you for your forgiveness of LA in the matter of your mother. All of us have one place we really call home. One place where we can trust people. I feel you have chosen wisely.
~OddPanda~

Report Post Tip

Thank you kindly Myrddin. I am glad that so many have liked it. 

Timber smiles. 

Report Post Tip

Goes up to timber and hugs, Very well written :)

Report Post Tip

Hugs Pandagirl and smiles.

Thank you very much.,

Report Post Tip

Great story and history lesson you made out Timber. I hope that you will lead a better life than your ancestors and be a proud woman of LA. I will certainly be proud of you

Report Post Tip

She turns and smiles at Don_Wijn.

Thats the best thing I have heard in a while. Thank you very much. I hope I can make you proud.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Never Forgotten To Me
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL