Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:20:42
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
RHM/LHM Death& Get their positions back? Started by: Tommy_Peggorino on Oct 17, '09 00:35

In our world, where the rank of Made Man means so much, it is somewhat surprising to me that lower ranks are afforded these positions. Made Man is a vaunted rank, and one that is not very easy to achieve. Even if you have the required experience we all know not all crew leaders will just promote regardless of relationships or having done anything more than earned sufficient money and been a bane in the correctional facility officers lives.

The_Liar.

Report Post Tip

"I dont care if I have a Consigliere in my crew if I hardly know him Im not appointing him RHM/LHM."

It would worry me greatly if you had a Consigliere in your family you knew little about.

However I will say that their are bloodlines that are around that have a quality others don't and so upon returning they can fit quite nicely into the role their fathers/mothers once held. Of course, some leaders may want to give other people the chance to shine. If it's not broke, don't fix it, so to speak.

Report Post Tip

I don't understand why you are so troubled about this Tommy. I find it quite sensible to trust the son of a RHM/LHM. As many have already said: It's about trust.

Report Post Tip

I would be more worried about finding a quarterback. They are the key to your offense.

Report Post Tip

As Cav said, you might not understand it right away. But once you figure out how much power and the access RHMs have in the CLs life, you will get it for sure why they appoint their most trusted member this role, instead of a higher ranked member.

Report Post Tip

"Yet they instantly get promoted to second in charge."

Bob,

Once again,Right Hand Man is NOT A RANK,therefore,it's not a promotion,it's trust.As Awesome stated THREE MONTHS AGO,if the person did a good job as  Right Hand,you know they raised their children well,which leaves the Crew Leader assuming that their child will do just as good.

Report Post Tip

Good to see you again, Coach. I have a few play calls that I think can help us score on 3rd and long scenarios.

*PhilipRivers walks to the huddle and directs his team*

Report Post Tip

Coach stares blankly at the senile man.

Report Post Tip

Senile? I'm only 28 and in my prime. Check out this spiral.

*Philip throws a perfect spiral and it is caught by a newborn baby*

Report Post Tip

Please listen to the first reply to the thread. I believe that that is the clearest answer.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps I can help shed some light here, being a "gangster" and LHM.

My father served Don Quirinus loyally and unquestioningly.  Throughtout my fathers life I spent many gatherings, dinners and celebrations in the midst of some of the most daunting leaders in the city of Philadelphia.  I was my fathers son by blood, yet Quirinus was, and still is, like a second father to me.   He has seen me grow from a rabble rousing tot to a troublemaking teen and beyond in my years of crime in the homelands.

Yes, when I stepped onto the shores of America I accepted the fact my name - to most - would need to be made.  Most here do not know me, my experiences, or of my loyalty, but the ones who do know me have helped me take a leap forward in respect and title.  It is not for anyone outside of their family to question.  They know I am loyal.  They know I am one to be respected.  They know that after a short time here others will all come to understand just why it is I am given such a respectable position.

Mr. Black hikes his collar, nods respectively to all around, and walks off.

Report Post Tip

Sighs I'm left with no other option to convey my point (I have to go OOC to help you understand what I mean. There was a reason this question was originally posed in the "recruitment thread"..people wanted to make it true to what it's based on. "Mobsters didn't run around telling of their deeds and inviting anyone into the family"....Well the fact of the matter is...nobody appointed sons/daughters because their parents were loyal and trustworthy. They may have been given a chance to work for the family...but sure as hell not at the RHM/LHM position. You can't openly accept this but deny that. This goes against it just as much if not more than running around inviting everyone. While you're explaining it to me...you're doing it from a "game" standpoint...not a true to life one. I can understand how it works from a game standpoint (even though I feel as if you have...HAVE to have someone in your family you can trust with a position)...but as in the recruitment thread..people wanna bring reality.)....as his voice returns back to full volume you realize that you've missed the entire speech....yet for some reason you know what he was talking about. I hope I'm better understood in my questioning.

Report Post Tip

We always knew what you meant, Bob.

My current RHW is actually an identical clone of my RH that died during the war. Let's face it, I'd rather clone her and have someone with exactly the same memories and personality as my previous RH.

(OOC: While I appreciate that you find it difficult, EVERY SINGLE PERSON starts out where you are. You have to make your connections yourself, not just expect it given to you. And hell, if I want the same person being my RH as it was before then it's most definitely my choice and has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else. As we have seen quite a few times now, the RH's actions reflect directly upon the crewleader, so it sure as hell had better be someone you trust with your life. As has been said previously, Right-Hand Man and Left-Hand Man are appointed ranks - I would quite happily make my current RH the same rank as me if it wasn't for the game's restraints of minimum times and ranking system. Let's face it here, I could come up with ANY back story as to the person I've picked as my RH/LH... he could've been a cousin of mine or my uncle, or any other relationship to me which I decide to invent. Be honest with yourself here, if you had the choice between having the same RH again who already knows how to do their job etc etc, would you really replace them for someone that needed training and hadn't proved themselves to you? I know which one I'd choose.)

If for any reason you want to talk about this more, send me an MM and we'll discuss this in private.

V.

Report Post Tip

Bob, perhaps think of it in the same terms as you do royalty. Does a prince have any right to be called a prince other than thought his blood and the fact that his father is a king? He's born with nothing in the way of knowledge, experience or skill, these are all learned through tutelage, education and training. Then, upon time to take the throne, the Prince in theory will be ready to lead his nation.

In our profession, our childhood is considered our past, we are born the day we opt to join the life of crime. I am a thug but my childhood was spent in training with my father, I have learned the way of this life by following his example. He made sure I was in his presence and the presence of expert mafioso's as much as possible so they could mentor me and teach me the skills I will need to assist my leader.

Thus, though I am a low rank in our world, my experience is such that I will hit the ground running.

Smiles.

And plus, I wanted to throw an analogy out there that likened me to royalty.

Bows

Report Post Tip

It would worry me greatly if you had a Consigliere in your family you knew little about.

I shouldve elaborated a bit more, anyways meaning someone Ive known quiet some time and I know I can trust and of course their experience plays a huge factor. Sorry about that, I was half asleep.

As for Philip Rivers, lay off the drugs lol..Go looong!

Report Post Tip

*Philip Rivers goes long*

Report Post Tip

Keep going...

Good night ;)

Report Post Tip

what you got a problem wit me fo

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: RHM/LHM Death& Get their positions back?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL