Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 02:28:08
Page:  1 
Achieving Made Man Started by: OddPanda on Oct 17, '09 05:30

After a long night of drinking at his local bar OddPanda sits down to talk with a few of the fellow members of his community.

Throughout time, since our forefathers came to America from Italy, there has always been the system of Omerta. Respect to those who are higher in authority than yourself. That is what Omerta means to me.

As we grow older and become most trusted in our families, we gain more responsibilities. We become higher ranked. Personally, I have always felt that becoming Made Man is both a big responsibility and a big achievement. It shows that your leader found your worthy of becoming a true member of the family.

My question to the community in general is: What does Made Man mean to you? Personally, I would rather people not reply to this question in a sentence or two. Put some thought into it.

OddPanda sits back in his chair, awaiting the responses he is sure will come.

Report Post Tip

I would like to say that I think you have omerta and general respect confused. They go hand in hand yes specially in "This thing of ours." but they are different.

Omerta is to keep secrets and never speak of them to outsiders. Its a code of silence. You never speak of the things that go on in your family with those outside of your family.

Now doing this shows respect to your family and to the traditions of "this thing of ours" but its not the same as respecting those who have achieved higher rank and authority.

Report Post Tip

A very interesting subject.

You are never truely a "Member of a family" until you become a button man. Once you have been made, that is confirmation that you are connected. Your one of "Those guys", people care if you die. Your are no longer a money Making machine for the family, you are a valued assest.

Report Post Tip

Indeed being a made man means you certainly earn your CL's trust, simple only the CL will have you that button and that means trust is there.but the confusing part of being a made man is..

why does making a thread(OOC) is a valuable requirement of being a made?no offence but it does not make you earn trust by just making a business or tell a stroy in the streets right?

Report Post Tip

In my personal opinion a Made Man means something of honor and respect, earning your button in this thing of ours is pretty much a honor. It also means you've proven yourself throughout the years, and shown that you are worthy enough to become a made member of the family. It is also something in my eyes that makes you basically untouchable, meaning you are a man of honor a man of respect if you want to put it like that. It is something many young up and coming wise guys want to achieve as they progress in this thing of ours. Once again this is just my opinion, just how I see it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Achieving Made Man
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL