Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 12:15:59
Page:  1 
Self-realization - another story of life Started by: Arsenal on Oct 17, '09 17:44

I had a good life prior to the one I'm leading today. I can't say that abusive parents or any sort of tragic events in my childhood have pushed me in this direction. See I come from a middle class family - foster family that is - from a small town upstate. Like in many similar places people there lead humble lives. I remember my stepfather, Frank, had a decent 9 to 5 job while my stepmother, Lily, took care of me and two other children. Money was never a big issue in our little family and we found happiness in other things such as our monthly picnic trips to the woods and such. Every evening before dinner, we use to thank the Lord for enriching our lives with food, love and care. We were basically a rather normal middle class family with happy lives - at least that's what we thought. Frank and Lily could not have children of their own and thus they had adopted three kids: a bastard Chinese boy, an American orphan girl and the only son of a deceased gangster. I don't remember my real parents. They had both been killed in some big mob war between Chicago and Los Angeles while I was still an infant - well that's another story for another time.

Like I said, Frank and Lily had adopted and loved the way things had turned out. We were now a real family. They wanted to make sure we all understood and truly appreciated the gift it was to have such a foundation. Time went by with constant dinner table reminders of how lucky we were to have each other and so forth. Despite this effort, a void began to grow deep inside me... constantly expanding. Was this it? Was there really no more to life??? I am a pretty decent man, but I can't hide the fact that crime is in my blood like it was in my father's and his father's blood. As you can imagine, it didn't take me long to comprehend what was missing in my life. Despite my stepmother's preaching about the goals in life, a simple sense of belongingness was just not enough for me. I needed more...

This is when I moved to Philly, leaving behind my family, in hopes of finding the missing piece in my life. I remember mugging people and even knocking out post offices when I was running out of cash. See Philly is a great city to rob people... There aren't many bums around and the average citizen usually has some decent cash on him and I saw quick progress in my stealth skills when pick pocketing passerby's... For the first time I felt I had finally found out what life was really about - I needed the thrill and excitement associated with crime. Unfortunately, it only took a couple months for that to get old as well.

I tried robbing the graves of wealthy men and breaking fellow muggers out of jail for the fun of it, but none of it seemed to have the same stimulating effect as it used to. I needed more...

I had heard about the Philly mafia before but I never realized exactly how close I was getting to it. A fellow thug assisted me in different jobs from time to time and we shared the profits. I never realized he had been sent by the boss of Philly himself to keep an eye on my "progress" until I was practically working for the family. Advancing to more difficult jobs like bank robberies and pimping out women, I found myself in the middle of a great corporation called "the family". When I was introduced to the boss I new I had found my core goal in life. It wasn't about the thrill in committing felonies but rather about creating a life for yourself. My boss had done just that by running the single controlling entity of the city - outranking any political and legal authorities - they worked for him. Inspired by the world he had created for himself, I began working my way up within the family with hopes of one day achieving the same goal and shaping my own reality.

So that's it my friends... That's how I became a player in this thing of ours and found my true goals in life. The day I met the boss and got involved in the family was the day a lost soul from a small town died and was reborn as someone else completely; still a decent man with morals - flexible ones if you wish - but without a conscience. I cannot afford to have a conscience in this business - only respect.

Report Post Tip

Very well told Arsenal i like that

Report Post Tip

nice..keep em comin..thanks for the read

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Self-realization - another story of life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL