Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 19:20:18
Page:  1 
As the dust settles in New York Started by: Deimne on Oct 17, '09 18:03

What a day, ehh?

To say the last 24 hours has been crazy, doesn't even come close. For the many mails I've yet to respond to, my apologies on the delays. I'll get there as and when I can.

New York last night lost a true legend. A word that gets thrown about, seldom without it having being earned or deserved. With Godfather ThomasRourke, it doesn't do the mans legacy justice. He built an empire, he left a mark on our world than many couldn't achieve in their wildest dreams, he was a legend! New York still feels the pain of him stepping aside, but life must go on and we must continue to persevere whatever the hurdles life throws at us. Enjoy your retirement Godfather ThomasRourke, your name will deservedly live on and be echoed in the sands of time.

As myself and New York began adjusting to the changes and begin our work on getting back to business, other events unfolded. I have already spoken briefly on that situation, so won't dwell on it now. However in putting things into perspective it would be remiss of me not to acknowledge the loss this thing of ours has suffered in the passing of Godfather Butt_Ox, god rest his soul.

As for the future, I'm keen to get into my new role. I've got large boots to fill, ones which walked the path with distinction, so letting the city of New York down isn't an option to me. I intend to finish the reorganisation of the city crews, especially my own former members, as soon as possible.

Don Iota has already filled the role of captain, continuing to excel in everything he has done. The man will replace my own old role of underboss of New York, handling the day to day activities of the city as I step back from the front line. His promotion from captain to boss is well deserved and I have every faith in his ability to carry out the new role that lays before him. He will also take on Sibilo as his captain, ensuring that the structures put in place to date continue to operate smoothly.

With myself moving into a new building, those monkeys all but destroyed the old place, it's time for a new face to help home the members I cared for so much... and continue to do so. It takes a stedy hand and a good mind to handle taking over from another leader, but I'm lucky to have a man I know has all of the qualities required to excel. Working as my left hand man, he has always been my go to man when I needed a sounding board, someone to kick me when I'm down and bring me back to ground when I'm not. This man is someone who will be a shining light to all who have the joy to work under his stedy leadership... this man is WillHayes.

Congratulations WillHayes.

Working alongside Iota as a New York boss, Will will oversee his captain Starshine. The two have a long history of working together and I know they're as excited about the prospect as I am to see what they can go on to achieve.

Now, I'm an old man and just had one hell of a day. My head is still reeling and the thought of going to bed is making this old man smile. However, as the old saying goes... no rest for the wicked. So time for me to get back to work.

Report Post Tip

He stood behind Deimne, slightly to the left and listened to his Godfather speak.  It was time to step up and do his duty for his family, for his friend, for his Godfather, and those in the New York families.  Will had a lot of work to do, but wanted to take the opportunity to say a few words.

I will be back out here later to offer some insight into what I'm all about and what I will expect from those who will join me as we help keep New York strong.  Right now, I just want to say a few words to my Godfather.

Thank you Deimne.  It has been an honor serving you.  When I joined you shortly after the death of my father, I didn't know what to expect.  But I knew that I wanted to join you.  I saw everything that I needed to see in you very early on as you were growing into leadership in NY.   You are a man that possesses all the qualities I look for: honor, loyalty, respect and responsibility.  People will hear me speak about these things later, but if they want to know where I learned about these things, it's from you. 

ThomasRourke was an amazing Godfather for this city.  He picked the right man to fill his shoes, and I look forward to serving you as we move forward in New York.

More from me later. 

Report Post Tip

Starshine wipes a small tear escaping out of the corner of her eye.  She seemed to be crying a lot these days and her laundress was getting fed up with the piles of linen.  When she had stopped sniffling enough to actually speak she cleared her throat. 

Congratulations Will, I am so very happy and proud to be working along side you in this fine city.  My uncle and your brother went back and I know we'll make them proud.

She embraces her friend in a warm hug and then steps down so others can speak.

Report Post Tip

Fab raises his drink with a friendly smile in his face

Congratulations Sir Hayes..

And well deserved Sir Iota..Im very proud of servin under your management

Report Post Tip

Standing closely behind Starshine, Aiden clapped for Will. Their families had worked together before, and it was an honor to be finally working with him again. Aiden smiled and stepped forward.

Will you are the perfect man for the job. I am proud to be working for you, and I can't wait to see how you make New York stronger. Congratulations Will I know you will do an amazing job.

Report Post Tip

Vinnie listens intently as GF Deimne and Don Hayes both speak. Vinnie then speaks up after several others have finished.

I have been at a lose for words most of the day. It has been truly and honor for me and my father to both be able to call New York home. GF Rourke was an icon in this thing of ours and I know working under GF Deimne will be no different. Congratulations Deimne on your promotion, my hat is off to you for the way you have not allowed others to break up what GF Rourke and you worked so hard, side by side to build here in these streets.

My congratulations also go out to Don WillHayes. I hope that our paths cross and we are able to work more closely together down the road.

Finally, Don Iota. After the death of the only Don my father and I had ever worked under, you stepped in and filled some very big shoes in my opinion. You have stepped up and made the transition as smooth as could be expected. I know that your promotion to Underboss of our fine city was the correct one and I can't wait to work my tail off for you. It will be my pleasure helping in any way needed to continue to increase the legend of GF Rourke and to assist GF Deimne reach the exact same level.

Cheers to all!

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat looks at both man with an expression of a on his face.

Congratulations Godfather Deimne your truly deserved this, i know you will make Godfather Thomas proud. And also WillHayes, congratulations on your new crew. Godfather Deimne could'nt of picked a better man for this task.

Sneakyrat bows to kiss godfather Deimne's ring and hands him an enveloppe containing a considerable amount of cash.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: As the dust settles in New York
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL