Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 23:45:31
Page:  1 
New York, NY Started by: WillHayes on Oct 17, '09 19:03

A city so great, they named it twice.

Will hopped up on his soap box outside his new HQ.  Well, his old HQ that he took over from his Godfather when Deimne moved uptown to something bigger and better.  Construction was continuing, and repairs were being made after events had left the place in need of a loving touch.

I thought about preparing something to say out here today.  Instead, I decided to shoot from the hip.  Some of you know I like to have fun, others are sometimes upset by my tendency to mock.  But I mock because I love.  And I love this place.  Now, Deimne has seen fit to give me the honor of continuing to work for him in a different capacity   And I've accepted the challenge.  I will assist Deimne in everything and anything he needs.  My priority is to make sure New York continues to shine. 

Like I said before, it's an honor to serve Deimne, and I will do everything in my power to support him in this time of transition and beyond.  So,  I wanted to take this opportunity to come out here and tell you what I expect of those who plan on joining me in New York.

Words like loyalty, honor, respect, and responsibility aren't just words around here.  They have meaning, and they are the corner stones of what we are trying to do here.

Loyalty - you will be loyal to this family, and no other.

Honor - you're expected to live your life honorably.

Respect - as you've heard before - respect is earned, not given...but know this: if you join this family, it is expected that all your interactions with the community will be respectful. 

Responsibility - another word we've heard a lot about lately.  We will all take responsibity for our actions, and for the actions of those who we are mentoring. 

These are all important aspects of life here.  You live by this code, and you shall be worthy and welcome.   And once you're accepted, you will be invited to join our brand of fun.  But remember, bring your own Dr Pepper. 

Thank you for the opportunity.  I look forward to working with all of you and speaking to many of you.

Report Post Tip

OddPanda listens to the speech by the newly authed Boss with a smile on his face.

I am happy to hear there is new blood flowing through the veins of this community. Congratulations on your newfound position, sir.

OddPanda applauds.

Report Post Tip

Stands in the crowd applauding enthusiastically

Congratulations I am happy to see you in a leadership position again as your father was. I have no doubt you will be excellent!

Report Post Tip

I can't begin to explain how happy I am that you were chosen to carry on the legacy of Deimne. Not only New York. Speak as someone who likes to think he knows you quite well. 'our brand of fun' is something that anyone and everyone should be glad to be apart of.

Welcome to the ranks of leadership, WillHayes and congratulations.

Report Post Tip

"puck heard what willhayes says and just nodded

"i agree in this unexpected transition we monkeys should have those traits just as what will says"

"and i look forward on working in you sir!"

Report Post Tip

Good work.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Boss, i couldn't have thought of anyone better to feel the gap.

i look forward to working with you and the other members.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations

Report Post Tip

As I'm sure has been previously mentioned elsewhere, both Deimne and yourself have exceptionally large boots to fill. Deimne stepping into the void left by ThomasRourke has allowed an opportunity for someone to step into Deimne's position. The fact that he has chosen you means that he has every confidence in you being able to fill the gap left by him and I am sure that you are more than able to do just that. Congratulations on your appointment.

Report Post Tip

Congrats!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck in New York WilHayes. I am sure you shall make Godfather Deimne a very pround man.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations WillHayes, very well deserved. I am sure you will make godfather Deimne very proud!

-Sneak!

Report Post Tip

Congrats to you WillHayes. I wish you and your family the best.

Report Post Tip

Jack Sparrow is standing in the crowd smelling of rum, he takes a step out of the crowd and jumps up on a wall.

Congratulations WillHayes, Great speech I have to say. I know you will be well Will.

Jack Jumps off the wall and walks off.

Where did I put rum.

He mutters to himself as he walks off.

Report Post Tip

congrats!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New York, NY
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL