Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 19:14:15
Page:  1 
They Heard it on the Radio. Started by: Prestige on Oct 20, '09 19:10

Prestige and Ellie are walking down the street when they stop by a store. The door is open and a radio is broadcasting from inside.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Pardon the interruption from your scheduled program. this is a FLASH news announcement!

Flash!! The low ranking members of the crime syndicate are seeking shelter and protection from the public eye! They no longer choose for their identities to be in the spotlight of their chosen crime families until they feel they have made an honest effort in their lifestyles! Will this cause chaos in times of war?! Or will this grant another step in protection for the low ranking mobsters?!

FLASH!! more and more, respectable mobsters seem to be dropping from the crime syndicate! Death, Retirement, and Stupidity, seem to be shaking the mob world! Will the police finally have their day?! Can this mean the crime syndicate as we know it will come to a halt?!

Stay tuned for more news updates! We now return you to 'The Adventures of Scottie Fast Shooter!'" - The radio goes on with its programming.

Prestige turns to Ellie, "I can't believe what the world is coming to. Our respected leaders are dropping like flies. Our mobster conduct is changing. Our world is changing. And I'm concerned with the direction it's headed.

I feel we are losing the world our ancestors fought so hard for us to inherit, and that bothers me as well, I'm worried about the ones inheriting what's left of this life of ours. The rich blood lines, mobsters born with leadership skills, with smarts, and when required, manners, seem to be a thing of the past. These mobsters nowadays spend their days hiding in the shadows, commenting with useless babble here and there in the streets, till they survive to the ranks of Boss or Don. Then they come to power with their own crews, and run their mouths with such disrespect. They forget that we must respect one another if we are ever to have a future. Even our enemies must be treated with some civility. I feel it comes back to the question, 'Are we training our young mobsters the ways of the world?' Or are we simply showing them how to commit crimes and shoot their guns? Are so many of us neglecting to teach respect?

My blood line has gone back a few generations, and from what I know of my ancestors, not one of us would ever dream of disrespecting any Godfather or Godmother, even while they were considered enemies of my Godfather. My family has always shown respect even while waging war. I don't know, maybe my kind are dying out. Maybe this new world has no room for men like me.

Tell me Ellie, is our only hope to last in this life to continue on with our daily routines waiting for these mobsters rising to power to mess up and die from a gun? Or can we work to salvage our future and choose more carefully who reaches these ranks?"

Report Post Tip

Ell looks at the man whose arm she's been adorning and breathes a small sigh. Everything around her is changing and not everyone with it. She can see flickers of determination and passion in Prestige's eyes and some part of her is fueled by this new fire. Being sensible, she waits a moment for that fire to be banked and then she speaks.

"I too am disconcerted. It seems those in power have decided that now is the hour for change, but at what cost? So many come to our crime cities looking for a sense of community, some stability in a crumbling world, and now I fear we are just another crack in a broken system. Each day we see more dissension, from old and young alike, and part of me thinks that not recognizing those who have just decided to join with us will only breed more. Are those in command hiding those of us they feel are "unworthy"? Is there shame in being a Wise Guy or a Thug, fresh off the train from cornfed Iowa and jumping at the chance to do something, anything? Not to mention that some may view families that appear only to have a handful of high ranked members as weak, limited, when in fact they are teeming with the members so many are willing to ignore and hide. There is no shame in welcoming new citizens, yet this new system seems to penalize those that do. It penalizes the people who have come to try their hand at crime and it penalizes those who would do good works by teaching. I do not understand how our world became one of popularity and politics and scurried guiltily away from being one of opportunity and risks."

She stops and takes a breath, waiting to see if Prestige has anything to add, and when he nods for her to go on, she bolsters herself and continues.

"The whole thing makes me sad. There used to be such passion, pumping through the veins and hearts of each crime city, and now there is a constant pang of ache. Nothing is as it once was and perhaps we are worse for it."

Ell sighs again and rests her head on Prestige's arm. She hugs him tight and walks with him again, down a once glamorous boulevard in downtown Los Angeles.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: They Heard it on the Radio.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL