Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 21:42:57
Page:  1 
All eyes and ears on me. Started by: pucky_returns on Oct 23, '09 05:19

Puck notices streets as busy as always,some doing petties, others planning for their MUC and felony,tells a story and others just wacking who are deserved to be wacked.

Something good on his mind that is contained and ready to expose,he stands at the soapbox,the mere stepping stage for the people who can see a 5 foot 11 man clearing his throat..

"Ehem,i need your attention please specially our leaders and more experienced in this thing of ours. I would like to hear your opinion about this issue that's boggling me for a very long time..
First of all, i am pucky or you can call me puck from the city of new york,im a boss well not really just my rank" as Puck tries to lighten the moods of his audience "and have many things i want to learn and discover about "us".Still, im somewhat unknown, hiding behind the streets just doing crimes on a day-to-day basis taking chances to listen in HQ and in this god forsaken streets, but most importantly taking notes who to respect and whos who."

Knowing that his audience will not leave any moment now,he jump in the soapbox and sit on it. "oh right, about the "issue" that i want to further explain about and clarify about is that, how can an unknown,no deep connection to the leaders can step a little further to be in charge..like being a rhm and lhm.this rank has been passed and passed by the vets and with all due respect i dont have a problem about that..my question here is to simply hear your opinion on how a "noob" can be known and step in the ladder of leaders.

Puck leaves the soapbox in hopes that someone can enlighten his very young mind about our "thing"..

"Anyone can speak,so i give you now the lovely soapbox to be heard"

Report Post Tip

puck...now its an itersting subject and one that contradicts the rules that we have in this thing of ours......

I think that you will find the "noobs" s you put it probably come from a rich strong back round of great ancestors, now i no that were not suppose to judge or or hinder or infact help new thugs because of there farthers,or grandfathers,but unfortunatley this does happen and will always happen.....

Now im not saying that this is done unethically by our leaders,cus as im sure you would appreciate puck RHM and LHM need to be trusted associates, so we need people who can be trusted to act upon your CL behalf. 

i hope that this helps you out...

Report Post Tip

Im sure puck was talking about  "green" mobsters with no family history in a life of crime. I myself have been around along time yet havent really made connections to people at the top of the mafia ladder, besides a few. It just the way  it is. Im not gonna try and talk my way into their good books, if it happens it happens.

For the new mobsters it will depend on there own voice i suppose. Different people are simply that, different.

Report Post Tip

Welcome to the streets, Puck.  And welcome to this thing of ours.  You ask an interesting question, and I don't really know how to answer.  But you asked for my opinion so I'm going to try to give it a shot.

You want to know how this new blood can rise up and be a part of the trusted few who become the right hand, left hand, or leader of a family?  Sounds easy enough in theory.  You just work hard and prove you are worthy of a chance.  Easier said than done.  You are right, right hand and left hand is typically selected from that group of people who are most trusted.  Fortunately or not, that typically comes from those who have had experience, and a long family line that has learned the ins and the outs of the business we are in. 

But I don't want you to get the impression that it's impossible.  We all, at one time, were new to these shores.  And many of us have gained a measure of power and/or respect in these cities.  And it is by virtue of the fact that we work hard, make money, and put ourselves out there for others to judge. 

I truly believe that, if you want to make a name for yourself, you have to put yourself out there.  It isn't all about working behind the scenes.  It's stepping out and doing some of that work in front of an audience.  To some - like me - that means getting out here to these streets and participating in debates, and even starting a few of my own.  For others, it means working so hard within the family that your efforts cannot possibly go unnoticed. 

Take what you will from this.  There are opportunities out there.  You have to seize them. 

Report Post Tip

A question I'm sure many people are asking quietly behind the scenes and it is one that can be answered really simply.

Want to be a RHM? Show you deserve it. Want to be a LHM? Show you deserve it. Want to be a leader? You get the idea.

The real question therefore is "how do I show I deserve to be a RHM/LHM?" and this means you have to understand implicitly what each of these positions hold. I know this isn't accurate for all the Cities, but in my own understanding and city, this is what the positions mean and require:

LHM - Consigliere

The LHM is an advisory role, you aren't as hands on as the RHM and your work involves you mainly behind the scenes. My own LHM is Don Kenobi, who I grew up with in The Northern Lights. He and I differ significantly and I think that is an extremely important trait to have in an advisor. We don't always agree (although 99% of the time I'm right anyway) but he offers a different perspective that may not have been afforded to me.

Want to become a LHM? To me you must be able to offer wise counsel. You aren't just a "yes" man; you need to have the balls to tell your boss they are getting it wrong and the sense to know that what you're advocating isn't completely stupid. This position requires knowledge of organization, the political standing of the cities and the experience to know what a better option would be. It would be pointless for me to take a new thug on in this role as they aren't well versed enough to know what they are trying to advise me about.

RHM - Second in command

The RHM is a miniature version of the leader. They are responsible for everyone in their HQ and they reflect upon the crew and the leader. Traditionally they were the only ones allowed in the #crewleader coffeeshop to represent the interests of their crew, so this individual has to speak with the same voice as would the leader. This is the manifestation of the leader when they aren't present.

They therefore need to be experienced, decisive, strong and intelligent. Experienced enough to know which battles can be won, decisive enough to make the tough call, strong enough to stand by that call when it is questioned by their leader and intelligent enough to know they've made the right call to begin with. These traits aren't acquired overnight and some people who eventually end up in this role are not capable of fulfilling it as they should. The RHM is the one who can make an average leader great or a great leader average.

The most important thing above all else is proven loyalty. I know that even when my RHM or LHM think I'm totally wrong, when I make the decision, they stand by it as if it was their own. This is where you truly see the measure of some people and it makes me sick when I see RHM or LHM buying out or betraying their leader. It doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree, you advise but ultimately the decision isn't yours to make.

So therefore, my advice to you if you want to further yourself is to learn. Increase your own knowledge about the world we live in, the relationship between the power players in it, develop an understanding of these relationships and an ability to predict how events will play out between them. This makes you valuable but it isn't just pot luck that you gain this knowledge, it comes from knowing people and knowing how things should play out. After that you need to learn about the many scenarios that you could encounter as a RHM/LHM. I come to you demanding you kill a Made Man, for disrespecting me, what do you do? Kill him? What if I'm exaggerating? Don't kill him? What if I kill you as a result? These situations all regularly need gauging and assessing by those in power and so often mistakes are made here. These mistakes culminate in defeat and loss of life. The winners make the right choices at the right time.

Experience, intelligence, loyalty, knowledge.

~T~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: All eyes and ears on me.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL