Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 19:34:22
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Betting on a life Started by: Rayln on Nov 22, '15 05:53

Rae held a scrap of paper in her hand as she made her way to the streets. It was late, she knew that but she still figured there was a chance for someone to make a lot of money and didn't want to delay in getting the news out to the masses. She couldn't find a single soap box to stand on so instead improvised flipped a garbage can over and used a milk crate as a step stool to get on top of it. 

"On Monday," she announced, "Zebedee will be taking myself and Magical--Trevor out for drinks." she told them. She glanced at the paper in her hand, "And as he has put it, he is going to give me rum that is going to Blind me." she said with a frown. "Now this momentous occasion has been a good ten years in the making, at least, at this point." she explained, "And although he is old and feble now..." She found him in the crowd and grinned, "And doesn't have much hair, I fear for my very life." 

She pulled the hat off her head and tossed it on the ground before her, "And this is where you come in." she told the crowd. "Some of you may know of my liver and the heroics it has shown. Some of you may know of Zeb and how he drinks every night because he doesn't know a woman's touch." she laughed, tossing her head back, "But who's liver is going to come out on top?" she asked them. "Who is going to survive this night of drunken shenanigans?" she pulled out her notebook and scribbled a name on the paper with a pen she pulled from her messy bun. "My money, as much as it shames me to admit, is on Zebedee killing me, my liver and all of my loved ones through osmosis." she told them. as she folded up her paper and tossed it in the hat. 

"If you guess correctly, who the winner of the night is, you can earn some credits. How many?" she asked with a shrug, "Depends on how drunk I get him and what I can manage to get him to agree to." she said with a laugh, "But you have a 50/50 chance. Will Zebedee be the first to fall, or shall I?" she asked the crowd. 

Report Post Tip

Looking around and noticing the crowd not wanting to be first one to make that guess, Ilammo boldly stepped up. He took out a piece of paper wrote a name and tossed it in his hat.

"I bet you'll come out top Miss Rae. Don't disappoint me now," Ilammo said with a wink.

He took a step back and allow others to make their calculated guess.

Report Post Tip

Zeb shuffles towards the loud, large haired, shreaking American Harpy, body audibly creaking

I will take this bet.  Not only will I bet on myself, but i shall match whatever credits this shrieking harpy wants to donate and back myself.

Zeb soils himself

Bugger.  NURSE!

Report Post Tip

Trevor smiled as Zebedee anointed himself champion prematurely.

"I wouldn't underestimate Rayln, many have done so before and ended up suffering a deep humiliation. There's something different about her liver, it sobers her up the more she drinks. Or something. Because I know Rayln well and have witnessed her drinking prowess I'm thinking she will be victorious."

He paused for thought.

"Alternatively all three of us will end up in the gutter unable to move or communicate much past dribbling as ladies of night ply their trade around us."

He shrugged.

Report Post Tip

Rae shuddered at the thought of ending up in the gutter, "As long as Homeless Santa doesn't get a hold of us, we should be ok." She said and then looking out at the blank faces she sighed dramatically and said, "Homeless guy with a large white beard. Homeless santa. except instead of gifts and happiness he chases you down the street yelling obscenities and kicking at you." 

Report Post Tip

I bet on you falling, because that's something you do. 

Report Post Tip

Rae glares at SpikeS and then says, "Yea, yeah, You're just jealous because you couldn't drink me under the table if you wanted to." 

Report Post Tip
I have to agree with SpikeS on this one. You falling seems like a solid bet, Rayln.
Report Post Tip

Rae gasps in outrage, "And I thought you knew me better than that, Eorati!" she says. 

Report Post Tip

Zeb does a premature victory dance

breaks another hip

Bugger.

Report Post Tip

Karmen felt pretty evil for giggling when she saw Zebedee break a hip while doing an early victory dance, shortly after soiling himself. She quickly suppressed her laughter as to not hurt any feelings. He did break a bone after all, and his pants were still very, very wet. She averted her eyes from him, and took a few steps away, because he was clearly an accident waiting to happen.

After hearing what the betting was about, she just had to chime in, so she said, "I would put my money on RayIn. Zebedee is just a tad too cocky here, I think. I mean, he can't even stand without breaking a bone. I think his liver won't hold up."

Report Post Tip

Rae waved her arms in the air to get the attention of the masses in one last ditch effort to get them to participate, “The day is finally here. In Thirty seven short minutes the battle of livers will commence. As I will clearly not be out here on the streets during this difficult duel, you are able to submit your guesses for the victor until 6am our time.” She told them. “And by the time I manage to drag myself out of bed, and get some bacon in me, we will be able to announce who the winner is.” She told them before reaching into her bag, pulling out a tiara and placing it firmly on her head. “Welp, wish me luck!” she told them before hoping off the garbage can and heading towards the bar. 

Report Post Tip

Swarley smiles at the announcement of the competition. "What a wonderful concept," he thinks.

I will put my money on Zebedee! Only if it's to see Rayln fail, though I know she'll hate me for it.

Report Post Tip

ZEBEDEE FOR THE WIN!

Report Post Tip

"I'll put my money on RayIn," Jeykll announced to to no one in particular, all wrapped up in his seven layers of sweaters. This was a figurative statement - for the man was chronically broke.

Report Post Tip

Everyone loves Magical Trevorrrrrrrrrrs

Report Post Tip
So you're into being cuckhold Trevor?
Report Post Tip

Sonny checks the gutters and does not see anyone.  He is not sure if that is good or bad.  He rushes up to a stranger walking toward him and asks

Have you seen Rae?  How about Zeb or Trevor?  The suspense is killing me.  Something tells me maybe I won after all their drinking.

Report Post Tip

Rae stumbled out of the house, her hair sticking every which way, her lipstick from the night before smeared across her face. She groaned and shielded her eyes with her hand from the blinding sun which had chosen today of all days to shine brightly. She made her way back to her garbage can, looked at it and frowned before laying on the ground and covering her face with her arm. "He won." she said softly before contemplating finding a hole to curl up and die in. 

Report Post Tip

Eorati slow claps.

"I knew it! I knew this would happen! You are weak Rayln!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Betting on a life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL