Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 17:23:29
Page:  1 
The Stoics Rise Started by: Cato on Nov 24, '15 18:10

As the light of the day waned, Cato made his way to the Streets to announce the opening of a new HQ in Manhattan. He had been working for Rita since his early days in Philadelphia, and it felt like he was on the cusp of the next chapter in his story. As he steps forward to greet those around him, he nods, waves, and smiles.

Good people of the nation's underbelly, I salute you. I have much to say, but I will do my best to make it brief. My Godfather, Rita_Hayworth, has granted me authorization to found an HQ alongside her in Manhattan. It is my intention to house within this HQ only the greatest this world has to offer. Not the strongest, the richest, or the coolest (though those attributes will certainly help), but those who exhibit the virtues I consider to be absolutely crucial for a Stoic and a Mafioso.

My Stoics will be bold. Bold in their intentions. Bold in their thoughts. My Stoics will be proud. Proud of their origins and confident in their future. My Stoics will be intelligent. They will speak because they have something to say, not because they have to say something. And last but certainly not least, my Stoics will be fierce. They are all these things first and foremost for their crew, and second for themselves.

It is my intention to infuse these virtues into every member of my crew, and this is what you can expect from my HQ. I fear I'm getting long-winded so I'll wrap it up here. Thank you New York for being the greatest city in the world, and thank you Rita_Hayworth for this opportunity to run my own crew.

Cato steps back and briskly walks back to his ornate and holiday-decorated (thank you Miss_Niki) HQ.

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations Cato! I'm sure you will be a great addition to Manhattan"

Eorati raises his glass in a toast to Cato.

Report Post Tip

Rita stands a bit off to the side as Cato makes his speech to the masses. She waited until he was finished and stopped shaking the peoples hands. Once he had a moment Rita causally made her way over to him. 

"Cato, this is such a joyous day. I have watched you flourish since the time you came into my crew as a whee little thug until now. You deserve this opportunity and I'm excited to see you grow and prosper. Once you are done getting things in order, drink are on me this evening."

With a smile, Rita tipped her hat and headed off.

Report Post Tip

As queenie regally swanned about the streets, she ended up in a neighbourhood she'd never visited before in Manhattan. As she explored the area she couldn't help but over hear "bald.. BALD... BALD"  She wasn't trying to pay attention to this toga clad oldie but with each repetition the tone of voice became more demanding, almost pleading of respect and attention. So, she decided to listen properly. She nodded in appreciation for the desire of quality over quantity from the new BALD key holding mobster she saw before her. queenie waited for the man to finish speaking and apploaded with the gathering crowd. After she steps forward

"I wish you longevity and a life of honourable dirty dealings, which your children and grand children will speak of with pride for generations to come, Cato "

queenie motions to one of her entourage to bring forward the flask containing the royal tea, as well as 2 cups and saucers. She watches as Cato, even though he had no intention of drinking it, accepted a cup. Then she took one herself, they clink cups, said " Cheeyahs" and as queenie slightly tilts her head back to sip, Cato throws his tea over his shoulder, unintentionally scalding some poor passing old lady who immediately begins handbagging him.

queenie smirks, gives him a pat on his back and wanders off down the road accompanied by her lackies.

Report Post Tip

Frenchy after being gone for a couple weeks comes back to see his friend giving a speech. He listens intently and waits for him to finish. He works his way towards Cato, waiting as some others speak to him first. He finally gains Cato's attention and shakes his hand.​

"Congratulations my dear friend. If anyone deserves such an honor, it is you. May your crew become one of the strongest in America."

Frenchy tips his hat and takes his leave. He has much to catch up on.

Report Post Tip

This is a proud day for New York indeed. I have a great deal of respect for you Cato, as you know. I think Rita has made a choice that could not be bettered for her district. 

I look forward to seeing you craft your own organisation and the impact it will have upon this thing of ours. Salut! 

Report Post Tip
Bob wolf whistles like crazy before scuttling off to his dealer
Report Post Tip

"Congratulations Cato! May your crew prosper under your guidance."

Ilammo stepped back and disappeared into the shadows, slipping on a banana peel in the process.

Report Post Tip

Frank-Gallagher staggers up to the announcement with a bottle in a paper bag stuck to his lips.  He staggers back 3 steps and keep moving forward with his head back and the bottle tipped high.  He takes it away from his mouth and raises it high in the air.

"I'LL JOIN!!!"

Frank scratches his nutsack and rips a fart as he lights a cigarette.  Cato looks at Frank and raises an eyebrow as he hesitantly shakes his hand.

"Oh Cato don't worry.  Beneath the disgusting exterior is an intelligent,  thoughtful mafioso.  The problem with this messed up world we live in is that people paint the drunks as useless.  A BOON to society even!!"  

"I'll demonstrate that I'm BOLD - After I'm drunk.  Proud?  Well me might have to work on that one a little.  Intelligent?! Sure.  If you listen closely to my drunken rants - there's always at least SOMETHING smart in there. And FIERCE?! GIMME A BEER!!  THERE'S NOTHING I WON'T DO FOR A BEER!!"  

"BUT!!...  The drunk's made a big enough scene for one day.  This is your crew Cato - and your day!!  I'm proud of what you've accomplished, and I'm sure that you'll do everyone proud!!!"

Frank pats Cato on the back and steps back.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After listening to Cato dribble on about being bold and stuff, Zlatan stepped forward and approached Cato.

"Why the fuck are you getting this chance? I told Rita not too do this! You know I am joking my friend, I'm just going to miss you probably (not). I think you are an outstanding member of Manhattan and you thoroughly deserve this chance. There isn't a person better suited to the role than you. Now go get shit sorted."

Zlatan grabbed his Football and skipped off doing keepy-ups and shit.

Report Post Tip

this day seems to be filled with great news 

"Congratulations Cato. You are a well respected and knowledgeable man. I have no doubt you'll do the city proud! "

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Stoics Rise
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL