Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:12:15
Page:  1 
The Playbook Started by: Swarley on Dec 02, '15 01:15

"Duck... Duck... Duck... Goose!" screamed the little boy joyfully before running around the circle of friends that had gathered to play. His father beamed from the kitchen as he watched them through the window. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and the wife was out running errands. After cleaning the last dish in the sink, he quickly dried his hands and was thankful to finally kick back and relax. Turning towards the living room, he stopped abruptly at the sight of the well-dressed man with a gun pointed towards him.

Swarley smiled as his target faced him. Gun cocked and ready, wearing a tailor made charcoal suit, and sporting a bright blue ducky tie, there was only one thing left for him to do. He loved the life that he had chosen, was ready to fulfill his duties, and finish the play.

"Please, I have a family! I'll get you the money. I just need a few more days," the man begged as he fell to his knees. Tears began to well up in his eyes. The gambling debt had finally caught up to him and there was no one around to help. His plea was met with silence, except for the faint sound of the children outside.

"Duck... Duck..." BANG.

Swarley pocketed the cash from the still warm corpse, disgusted at the pitiful amount. "Eorati won't be happy with such chump change, but at least we don't have to worry about him racking up any more debt," he thought. As he walked out of the back door, he noticed a single drop of blood had splashed on his suit jacket. "Fuck. That's going to be difficult to get out. Well, at least I can cross out the Child’s Play.”

Removing a pocket-sized book from his breast pocket, ‘The Playbook’ could be seen on the cover. Finding the hand-written page, Swarley tore it from the manuscript. He wouldn’t need that any more.

As he pushed open the door to Eorati’s office, still pissed about the stain, he was greeted by the Godfather and his Right Hand Woman, Cassandane. This wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, but they seemed to be eagerly awaiting Swarley’s arrival. There was a spark of excitement in the air.

“I trust there were no issues with the deadbeat?” Eorati quipped with a smirk on his face.

“Well, actually there were two casualties today,” Swarley responded while nodding to the bloodstain on the jacket. “This suit has served me well over the years. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye though.”

“Maybe we can help with that,” Cassandane chimed in as she revealed a garment bag. “I got your measurements from your tailor.” She draped the bag over the chair in front of Swarley, before returning to Eorati’s side.

“This looks like it will fit perfectly. What’s the occasion?” Swarley asked, removing the suit from the bag.

The cheerful Eorati replied, “I want you to set up a crew in the Bronx. This suit is a gift as you venture out on your own. Wear it proudly and never forget about your time here in Polaris.”

Swarley donned the navy suit, pocketed ‘The Playbook’, straightened his ducky tie, and reached out his hand.

“Challenge accepted.”

Report Post Tip

Honesty walked up to Swarley with a huge smile on his face. He remembered the conversations that Swarley and he had back in Polaris. Good times. He walked up to Swarley and they shook hands. 

"Oh, come on now! We can do better than that!"

The two gave a hug and Honesty patted Swarley on the back. 

"I'm proud for you, buddy. You'll serve the Bronx not well, but perfectly!"

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations Swarley. You've earned this opportunity, and I'm absolutely certain that you will not disappoint. I'm excited to see what legendary things you will achieve with this opportunity."

Eorati raises his glass in a cheer to Swarley.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Playbook
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL