Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 15:09:05
Page:  1 
The Fate of Nations Started by: Kimble on Dec 02, '15 01:39

"We are in agreement then?" Kimble said as he gazed around the room.  They all nodded wordlessly.  So many words had been said already, none were needed now.  They were all working as one.

The smoke rose as Kimble lit fire to the paper on which the address for the meeting was written.  They men and women surrounded the table with serious looks masking their face.  They had all agreed to meet the morning after Duplicity's funeral.  It was no easy task to put the puzzle back together after the departure of titans like Duplicity and Visas.  They have labored for many, many hours to hammer out the details that would shape our the world going forward.  The Godfathers and district heads had done their best to avoid all chaos in the wake of the recent events, and that mission had been successful.  All had come forward with open minds and reasonable suggestions to better aid the rebuilding process in Chicago and Detroit, and fill the empty cities of Las Vegas and Los Angeles.  Now, it was time to reveal the major moves that would be happening in the coming days.  Kimble, Aztec, Mibbit, Senza, SpikeS, Jake_Ballard, and Psychopath rose from the table, lifting their glasses in agreement and finishing them off.  None of them were looking forward to the long flights home from New York.  They cleared the table of the many, many bottles of whiskey and unloaded their 100th cigarette tray, stretched a little, and all embraced.  It had been decided that Kimble would deliver this news to the public so he had planned to hold a conference right outside The Brewed Awakening in the Bronx.  

When Kimble and his friends left the secluded cabin in South Jersey, he was trying to formulate the words in his head before he addressed the populous.  It wasn't every day you had the chance to lay the foundation to something special.  He didn't want to fuck it up.  His fathers and fathers before them had learned from some of the greatest men La Cosa Nostra had ever seen.  Brutality was not the tool fitting for the job.  Right now, everyone needed some time to relax after so much tension.  The era of hate and distrust had to end.  Many had suffered and were rightfully angry, but he hoped that others had the open mind that he did.  As they pulled up to the pub in the Bronx, the place was packed.  Inside and spilling out into the street mafioso could be seen everywhere.  Maybe it had been a had idea to announce this is such a fashion but hey, that's why the they pay the police.

"I am glad that you all could make it.  I am sorry that it took us a little bit of time to work everything out.  I know most of you have been hounding me as to what the grand plans are.  I can say, it's easy to decide on these things when you are deciding with your friends.  It was fairly painless, just a few fine details to iron out.  I am happy to report that they have been fully fashioned and there are going to be quite a few changes in the coming days.  It has been decided that my dear Psychopath will takeover The Loop in Chicago, effectively taking the helm as acting Godfather.  Godmother Senza will be moving her entire operation from the South Side to Los Angeles as a fully fledged city.  Senza will act as acting Godmother.  Las Vegas will be headed by, with help from Eredin, by Aztec.  He has labored many months in Chicago and is now taking over as acting Godfather of Las Vegas.  SpikeS will be taking over operations in Downtown Detroit as the cities leading Godfather.  He will be working with Jake_Ballard to rebuild the city to it's glory.  He leaves New York with every blessing and every ounce of confidence I have.  I plan to honor all of Duplicity's old auths and bets.  Heartbreakridge will remain as Godfather of Philadelphia, with all of his subsidiaries in tact. I of course, will remain in New York with my loyal Godfathers Rita and Eorati."

"I am happy that all parties could come together come finalize a somewhat quick consensuses in the wake of the tragedy that befell Duplicity and Visas.   Thank you for all the assistance over the last 72 hours my friends.  This has not been easy on anyone.  I am sorry if any of you have suffered, but hopefully this makes things a little clearer as we move forward.  There was never a way to appease everyone but I do think that this is the best direction for our thing as a collective.  All of these moves will be made over the course of the coming week.  This will not all happen at once." 

Report Post Tip

"I would like to congratulate all of you on your promotions but since they are such big promotions I feel like I should do it individually"

Sinfest pause and takes out his flask to take a quick swig before continuing

"Psychopath, I am not sure we have had much interactions before but I trust Kimble completely and am confident that you will do well especially with the Fabulous Godmother Mibbit by your side."

Sinfest takes a breath and says

"Senza Congratulations I know you will do well with your own city. You do have a Pyro on your hands but I know you Appelsap<font color="#000000" face="arial, verdana"> </font>and him will do amazing things together in Las Angeles."

Sinfest then tips his hat to Senza and then starts up with

"Aztec man my bloodlines have worked for you before. What can I say man that you havnt already heard my bloodline say to you. I know you will do amazing in Las Vegas with your Misfits. Lots of love man."

Sinfest getting a bit more thirsty takes another swig of his drink and finishes with

"SpikeS you are awesome. I am super happy that you got me to join up with Kimble and I am happy that you are getting your own city. You really really deserve it. Have fun with Detroit and I hope you and Jake_Ballard make detroit as awesome as possible."

Sinfest then bows his head to the future leaders of the world before heading off to make a bit of cash. His speech had already made him a bit late. Sinfest waves to Kimble and takes off.

Report Post Tip

Jeddy, always a fan of learning the law of the land, stood up and applauded Godfather Kimble's announcement to the League of Cosa Nostra

This is a very wise and commendable decision, Godfather Kimble. By moving Psychopath to the Loop, we can keep tighter controls on the distribution of personal information of fellow businessmen in this thing of ours. With the admirable, kind, and just SpikeS, it will ensure that no further verification other than what is permitted by the governing bodies of this nation is required. It is good to spread out and invest our time and assets in exploitable resources across this country, such as those delicious coal mines and the forests those economic hippie communists haven't developed a fetish for yet, and those delectable number seven red cigarettes, without the tax stamp, winks, while still ensuring that the cash lifeblood of this thing of ours continues to flow.

Diplomacy is never easy but it is good an amicable agreement was reached that will carry us forth and bring peace in our time! Or.. peas in my thyme.. or cheese in my lime.. I'm not sure how that saying goes.

To Godfather Kimble!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

SpikeS strolls by listening to Kimble’s speaks, and realizes part of it is about him, so he straightens up his suit and approaches the crowd to listen.

Well, thank you, Kimble, Sinfest, and Jeddy for your kind words. Best wishes to Psychopath, Aztec, and Eredin on their adventures as well. Sorry for being brief, but I have a lot of things to do!

SpikeS skips off to work.

Report Post Tip

Ilammo listened to Godfather Kimble intently as he delivered his news. It seems that there'll be a shuffle and was glad that he's gonna be staying put in Chicago. 

"It'll be interesting to see what happens from now. I wish everyone the very best ," Ilammo addressed the leaders that are assuming their respective roles in this world.

Ilammo can't help but wonder what will the future hold for everyone in this world. After letting his mind run wild on the possibilities that the future can hold, he snapped back to the present.

"No point worrying about that now," he concluded.

"Just live in the present. Enjoy the little things," he mumbled to himself as he head back to HQ, disappearing into the growing crowd who came to listen to Godfather's Kimble speech.

Report Post Tip

Arabella listened to the Godfather speak from the crowd, blending in and listening to others speak up before she decided to join in. 

"Congratulations Godfather Kimble and all those that participated in these talks. It'll be nice to see all of the cities buzzing with activity again. I've spent a lot of time in Los Angeles and Las Vegas since I hit the streets, selling drugs and what not. It's been disappointing to see those beautiful cities with no or just a select one or two families to lead them. I wish everyone well in their new ventures and I look forward to getting out to the city of my ancestors." 

Arabella turned and went off to see if Spike needed help getting them all out to Detroit. 

Report Post Tip

Leans against his lamp post

I am going to speak frankly, hoping it doesn’t twist too many knickers. Understanding I am not saying the current state of affairs is right, wrong or indifferent simply pointing out a few facts that are systemic and to some degree are carry over from the last regime.

I see what you have said Kimble but what I don’t see is anything different, although I could be wrong?  I have seen many complain about the “Regime” of Duplicity but I have to be honest, I don’t really see much change in the way forward. Which is fine, I am not knocking the strategy for obvious reasons. But one thing I didn’t like and I would talk about often is the idea of Auth without purpose or need. That is what I would like to discuss, at times some leaders would say “I need to auth 2 people in the next few weeks” and I would ask “Why” I mean really why? Let’s look at the landscape realistically.

5 Godfathers currently, with 6 cities – yet we have one city with two GF’s and two without a single one. In theory each city should have a GF – as the current ranked populous permits.

In each city we have 3 Districts, currently. Each District having 1 Crew Leader with cities with a GF having 4 total leaders. That would net us out 23 total leaders… 5 Cities with GF and 3 leaders and 1 City with 3 Crew Leaders until one ranks etc. Right now we have 25 total and some cities with 10 as others only have 1.  There is no real balance in our world scale wise which impacts economics…

Census is the other part, with 20 crews all housing 40 members that is a net bed count of 800 plus the 55 for GF crews which puts us at 855 possible beds for realistically 545 ( plus a let’s say 55 upside) warm bodies. I hope you can see where I am going with this. My question to you or anyone really is to what end does this madness and unbalanced growth go on?

I could be way off base on what I am seeing, probably am but I just don’t see a change if the current methodology and strategy is employed when Authing and growing and moving etc.

Looks around to see if anyone hears him

Report Post Tip

Cato looks over some reports and nods his head, looking to Kimble as he closes his declaration. He looks to his left and sees one of his own men, Money-B, raising some questions about the new set up.

A fine system, I'd say. Before the removal of Duplicity and Visas, the numbers were very skewed. New York and Chicago made up well over 60% of Our Thing and had six Godfathers between them.

Now, New York is a beast, but not undeservedly so. Despite sending one of its best leaders to Detroit, it still makes up 35% of Our Thing and that makes sense because we have Three Godfathers and each of them authed two captains (even before the takedown).

Apart from New York, the cities operate around 10-15% of the total community, and I imagine that will start to level out a bit as those newer cities recruit members and grow. I think, truly, this group of leaders has already shown itself to be distinct from the setup prior to the fall of Duplicity. Obviously not by name, but by their willingness to spread out and possess their own territory instead of group up around and in powerhouse cities.

Cato sets his reports down, and goes to leave. But turns around quickly.

But don't stop asking questions! It's important to hold people, especially leaders, accountable for what they do. I think in this case, Kimble and the other leaders have done a deservedly admirable job of establishing what will become "The New Six Cities."

Report Post Tip

Asylum looks around at the new city heads and soon to be Godfathers of the appointed districts. Handing a paper bag to his head bodyguard McVadon he looks around with a smile. Reaching into the bag McVadon pulls out a box of maduro cigars imported from Honduras. Making a sly grin he knew that old habits don't change. Expecting Cuban cigars was almost an insult to Asylum.

McVadon be sure to give a cigar to each new city head for me. I have a flight to catch to clean up the unemployed bodyguards roaming the streets of the cities. Their filth and odor are beginning to become all too apparent.

Asylum smiles to McVadon as he readjusts his pea coat. McVadon turns and heads over to the gentlemen and begins handing out cigars. Realizing there's an extra one left over there's a note below.

Enjoy one on me old friend. Your hard work has earned it. -Asylum

McVadon takes the cigar out, not normally a smoker and lights it while walking away from the masses and their celebration.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Fate of Nations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL