Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 06:37:59
Help
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Game Change: MafiaReturns Stock Exchange Started by: Anubis on Nov 01, '09 21:26

this is a new feature for me to play with

Report Post Tip

I can't sell my stocks!

Report Post Tip

However, shares cannot be sold on a whim. There is a three day waiting period (per business) for stock transactions. If you buy one share of Business A on January 1st, you cannot sell share in Business A until January 4th. If you buy one share of Business A on January 1st, then another share of the same business on January 3rd, you cannot sell ANY Business A shares until January 6th. This is to keep people from buying stock in a business, spamming the thread to make the price go up, and then rapidly selling. The point of this is for sustained growth.

The above is quoted from the MRSE tutorial.  Has it been 3 days yet legoman?

Report Post Tip

So I have to wait till tommorrow to spam it... OKay.

: P

Report Post Tip

I don't think that this was a very good idea. None of the stocks are increasing. Not enough people go to the business forum.

Report Post Tip

Well for those who have purchased stocks dont invest in their properties, they're going to be the ones losing out.

The idea is excellent, but like its been previously said. Its not a get rich over night setup. Time must be invested to see a profit.

Report Post Tip

hmmmmm i could be wrong since this was released i brought stocks one of the business is averaging 3 posts per day since then yet price is dropping, such as all shares are dropping none have risen.

Tho this is to early to get a jist of the MRSE in few days see if this trend sticks.

Report Post Tip

mnirem - If you bought stocks and you're not being a patron in those businesses, rather you're just waiting for the stock prices to go up, good luck on turning a profit. If you read the tutorial, perhaps you'll understand more on how the Stock Exchange works.

Recro - A business could get 27 replies a day, but if they're not 'substantial' posts by the evaluating game code, the price isn't going to change.

Report Post Tip

Very well, Thank you James.

Report Post Tip

Might I suggest that you increase the amount of stocks in a business based on how large it is? Like most companies, the bigger they grow, the more diluted their shares become.

Report Post Tip

how about just bringing stocks back period.

Report Post Tip

Mason I had the exact same question just phrased sufferer... Anubis had cleared this up for me quite cleary here is a copy of the mail for you to understand.

The MRSE is solely dependent on the users to stay alive. It's based on the threads in the business district for each city. In fact, a recent update made it so it only showed stocks available in your current city. For this reason, sometimes stocks die out and are no longer available for sale. It's up to our users to create a business that gets substantial replies and is active.

That's how to keep stocks alive.

But to answer your question, no, it's not "gone" per-say, just doesn't have any stocks available. -------------------------------------

:)

Report Post Tip

Phrased differently*

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Game Change: MafiaReturns Stock Exchange
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL