Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 22:40:14
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Hiding Threads Started by: MrManson on Dec 05, '15 02:28

Is it possible to include an "Ignore Thread" option, kinda like "Watch Thread"?  Would love to block out some of the Street threads lol

Report Post Tip

Would enough people use this to make it worth coding? 

Report Post Tip

I have no idea lol.  Guess we will find out.  I just find some of it worth blocking. 

Report Post Tip

I would definitely use it, actually. There are a lot of story based role play threads that I don't want to see or other threads too. 

Report Post Tip

I would use the shit out of this.

There are certain people who post garbage in the streets over and over that I would really just prefer to never have to look at in my life. Otherwise the tic in my forehead starts twitching and I end up being a dick to them about their poor grammar and overall lack of intelligence. 

Report Post Tip

How would this work exactly? Curious.

Report Post Tip
If you don't want to read a thread, don't click on it.. I don't see how 'hiding' it is worth the time it would take to code it.
Report Post Tip

Yeah I agree with Cordelia. It's very easy to just NOT read a thread.

Report Post Tip

yeah what is the point you can just not click on it

Report Post Tip

Ronin, you could always just ignore SpikeS's threads to save yourself the pain.

Report Post Tip

"There are certain people who post garbage in the streets over and over that I would really just prefer to never have to look at in my life." 

This is something I agree with and is the only reason I can imagine this feature *might* have a purpose.

There are some players out there who really just go out of their way to trash others and wind people up and spout utter nonsense and it would be convenient to have the ability to ignore their threads before you've been subjected to reading/scanning them unwittingly.

However this SHOULD be automatic with the "ignore" player option. Which (if its not) ought to be account not character based, anyway. To stop "Mr/Mrs.X" coming back with new characters to get around the ignore player function in order to be able to still communicate with those who've ignored them.

(chances are if you're so opposed to the idea of ever reading a player's threads, ever again in your life, you've put them on ignore to not have to read their mobmails too.)

The ignore feature would only be relevent if you hated someone's threads so much you knew you'd want to ignore all of theirs, before you've read any, but for some reason don't want to put the player on your ignore player list

Report Post Tip

Enkindle asked if people would use it. I would. 

I have no problem ignoring the threads I do not wish to read, I do that as it is. But if something like this were to be implemented, I for one, would use it.

Report Post Tip

I have no idea how much work it is to code anything.  I agree that I could continue to ignore the threads I find pointless, but if this feature was available, I would click it.

Just a thought.  There are a lot of things I just don't need to see

Report Post Tip

I would use it, some threads while may be useful to some are not so much useful to myself. That would be a nice addition.

+1

Report Post Tip

I still don't understand how this would work. Would you need to click into a thread, then click a 'ignore thread' button? If so, it really doesn't make sense, as you're already needing to open the thread in the first place.

If it would mean there is an option in someone's profile to click 'ignore player threads' and this then means whatever stuff they post doesn't show up, then this would make more sense, otherwise as above it seems a little pointless.

Report Post Tip

You go to the Street and see a new thread with a few replies.  You open it, and see that it's something you don't care to EVER see again, so you click ignore.  

When you go back later that day to see updates, it doesn't show up anymore.  I would filter out a lot of RP stuff that I find boring or of low quality.  Some people like, good for them, I find a lot of it to be more frustrating than anything.

That doesn't mean I want to ignore someone on every level.  They may post something tomorrow I find interesting and worth reading.  But looking at the Street threads over the past few days, I would block a lot of stuff.

If it's a lot of work to code, forget I said anything.  Was just a thought.

Report Post Tip

The streets are the best and easiest way to mass communicate with the entire game from a player side - I think it is important that it remains that way. Adding the ability to ignore threads will take away from that, so I can't support this idea.

Report Post Tip

Fair enough.  Please don't set me on fire -DeadlySin

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Hiding Threads
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL