Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:06:15
Page:  1 
A Call Forth to the Masses Started by: Spike_Spiegel on Nov 04, '09 19:01

Walks out in the
middle of traffic, puts down a milk crate, and then stands on it.

Hello fellow pedestrians. What a nice night we're having.
There's not too much wind, and the smoke just stays stagnant in the air. *Lights a cigarette.* Well, anyway, I'm
here to talk about a few things. I'll start with one. I fear for the future.
What will our children think of this society we've created where pick-pocketing,
with other thievery, and killing stealing all run rampant? Will this stay this way
forever? Or will be break through from this dust bowl that is our nation?

*Flicks off some ash.*

What's more scary and more pertinent is: What will happen to
us? Are we all going to be shot in the end with our bodies thrown into the
river? Have you seen the Hudson in New York? They don't
even have to build any new bridges; you can practically just walk across.

None of
this will fix itself, and really it's up to us. I can't think of a way to fix
it, but at its core I know it's based in greed. Remedy that and it should be
solved, but perhaps there is no remedy. Perhaps, we're all just going to die
bloodied in an alleyway.

*Tosses his cigarette
to the ground covered with blood.

Kill, and be killed. Steal, and be stolen from. Somewhere it
needs to stop or at least lower to a reasonable level. We're not all this evil...
or are we?

*Gets down and goes
off to a bar to drink some more.

Report Post Tip

Looks at Spike with a raised eyebrow

"Did the Human Services Commission send you? What did you expect to find when you got into this way of life? That's like becoming a proctologist and then complaining that you are always poking around in shit."

Report Post Tip

Walks back, resets the milk crate, and stands up on it. 

No, I wasn't sent here by the Human Services Commision, and nor was I sent here by God. However, I think if anything I was sent here by the drink. Sitting around watching things pass by really makes you step back from this lifestyle, and reflect. I see a very bleak world, and hope that it can be corrected somehow.

Report Post Tip

You have some interesting points Spike.  I've had many a discussion about pickpocketing recently.  It has become more of a sport than anything else.  People don't do it for money.  People don't do it for anything but the chance to mark it down in their book of achievements.  

As for killing - I really don't see what you see.  If by rampant you mean rarely ocurs, then I agree.  Killing is rare.  The only people that are killed these days are bums who have no business on our streets.  There are certainly occasional killings, but nothing close to what I would call rampant. 

All in all, there are certainly aspects of this world that can be changed.  There are aspects that don't need to be changed.  Suffice it to say I don't share your view of the future. 

Report Post Tip

Well, I wasn't particularly seeking complete agreement, but thought that some of the issues should be addressed. As for pickpocketing, it seems like people are having too much fun with it. As for killing, while yes killing of those higher ranked rarely die, there is still an issue with how these younger people work. They're too concerned with making a name for themselves quickly rather then the right way, and unknowingly set themselves up for an early death. There is rampant killing in the lower ranks, excluding the bums, and this is usually due to them being stupid. However, ignorance doesn't always deserve death. The keyword is always. Obviously, there are tons of idiots who deserve to get killed, but there is a good amount that gets caught in that trap for innocent things. As for change, I don't see it either, and some things should and will remain the same. For the most part, I was speaking purely idealistically... a nice little thought. 

Report Post Tip

I understand and totally see what you mean with everything here Spike. Now I must say I agree with Mr Hayes about the Pickpocketing being a sport. There isn't anything technically with that if it has evolved into becoming a sport because me myself I am a big fan of Pickpocketing, it builds up the sense of achievement and it also brings people together when they chat and laugh about their success's or failures.

It can be good for business being friends with one and other ecspically when it the Pickpocketing ivolves two people from the same family.

As for the killing, well I see what you mean but to be perfectly honest, there aren't many people being killed much anymore. If you were around over 1 year ago then you would of seen many deaths of high rankers as that was when our thing of ours changed. But thanks to our current Godfathers/mothers they have enabled us to live in a 'peaceful' time where people who want to grow up can grow and live their lives and show off their true colours and abilities. Which I personally think is fantastic. Yes sometimes there is the odd innocent person killed but there is seriously nothing we can do afterall I must say.. This is the mafia.

But nevertheless, fantastic speech my friend. Im happy to see that there are people around us that are taking note to what goes on around us and how it affects our lifestyle.

Bobble shakes Sweeney's hand and gives him a cookie

Report Post Tip

Wraith listens wide eyed to the speech.

First of all, if it's a lifestyle of killing, pickpocketing, rampaging and all that, you have no bussiness having a family outside this thing of ours. If you do have one inside, then you must know that what mafioso impart is not any of those things, though they form an integral part of our lives. What we do teach is things that only a true mafioso can have. Courage, loyalty and skill. Our children grow up with nothing to fear, because there is no 'dark side of the law' for them. They understand the truth of the world they live in, and they can live with that world as well.

Report Post Tip

A well dressed man approaches the crowd and, after listening to the arguments, opens his mouth

I have to agree with those that say these days are calm a peacefull. In my family history book, there are anedotes of times that living past one month was a extraordinary achievement in this line of business. There were periods that every two weeks leaders would start wars, greedy and looking foward to expand their territories. And all members from the crews involved suffered with this rampage.

Nowadays, rarely war comes upon us. And many times when there is a disagreement just the head of the family is removed, leaving his followers alive to find shelter in other places.

About pickpocketing, yes it is our football. Or maybe golf, since there are many that dislike the practice.

Report Post Tip

Another point I'd like to add in this discussion is wheter is best?

A place where everyone finds safety and can live for months, reaching high places in our society, but as the leaders remain alive for a long time there is no much opportunity and lack of gunfight.

Or a world with wars, where achieving high ranks is a very hard task but where your efforts are rewarded more promptly, as Crew Leaders fall more easily, and action happened more often. 

What is your opinion? Anyone else who lived here long enough to have seen both with their own eyes want to add to the discussion?

I, myself, have to think a little bit to answer this question I raised.

Report Post Tip

Fayth stares at the man in amazement

I wonder Sir if this is the life for you? It is not really for you to question about deaths is it? What is it exactly about 'this thing of ours' that you want to change? You want bums to overflow onto the streets?

Also Pick-pocketing happens a lot to everyone but if it wasn't meant to be done we wouldn't have the option would we?

Report Post Tip

Well, I'm glad I stuck around to listen to some additional opinions.  I'm not sure I would go so far as to suggest this isn't the life for Mr. Spiegel simply because he decided to come out here and express an opinion.  I think it's an interesting opinion.  Expecially if he chooses to act upon this discussion and work to change what he feels is wrong with this community. 

Is death all we are about?  So, if we have a distaste for death, we don't belong?  That's the impression I get from what you've said Fayth.  Now, obviously I'm speculating about your meaning.  But isn't that what you're doing too?

Mr. Spiegel has expressed his opinion.  Others have agreed; some disagreed.  It's just a discussion. 

But I am curious, and perhaps I will walk over to another street corner and address an issue that I have with our positions regarding death. 

Report Post Tip

Well, I wasn't particularly seeking complete agreement, but thought that some of the issues should be addressed. As for pickpocketing, it seems like people are having too much fun with it.

Couldn't agree with you more, Spike. In fact, I am having so much fun with it that I plan on doing it again... and again... and again... and again.

We are thieves and murderers. Criminals. I take great pleasure in stealing whatever I can get my hands on, from anyone I can. It is a beautiful thing, This Life we have chosen.

Oderus nods at Spike and then proceeds down the street to commit more treachery .

Report Post Tip

Well, some of you have a negative view of how this world should be. It is not (all) about killing and stealing. For some, they live by those two. That's absolutely fine for them. They help keep things moving and staying away from being stagnant. However, a better way to live arguably and the way I live is simply passive. Why do this? Well, killing and stealing don't actually get you ahead in the end. They're quick remedies to wanting to become more powerful but they all end the same way, death and being stolen from. I'm a businessman here, and this little thing we do requires those who stand back from the darker side of this life. It's safe, but that's just the way I live. This was not a call for something as harsh as that because killing at least is a requirement here though perhaps is slightly mishandled. What I'm arguing for is the consideration, and only that. Deviations from my ideals, I think, can lead to a better world. Especially, since, it seems that everything has lost a lot of its true meaning especially pickpocketing.

Report Post Tip

Looking back to my father's social commentary, I can definitely say that while I can appreciate his idealistic views I definitely think that in this work pickpocketing needs to be commonplace. In fact it should be encouraged further, it is a useful tool. It helps make mafiosos into bold men. It definitely is a good training system to be a part of before taking that leap into murder. Of course, I don't know anything about such a topic and I'm guessing my father didn't either, but boy was he handsome. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Call Forth to the Masses
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL