Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 22:26:13
Page:  1 
Tasting Death Started by: WillHayes on Nov 05, '09 17:34

I was walking around the other day.  Okay, really I was riding on CrazyNine's back.  I don't like to put my feet on pavement.  But anyway, that's beside the point.  Let's just say I was walking, doing what I normally do, and listening to the other speeches in the streets.  There are only the rare debate these days.  The rest, well I don't know how to describe the rest.  But I wouldn't describe them as debates.  Not saying good or bad, just different.

Anyway - Mr. Spiegel brought up some interesting points about changes he'd like to see in this world.  And well, I decided I'd walk across the street and expand on one of the issues he's discussed.

Death.  And the taste we have all developed for death.  The fact of the matter is many of us crave death.  Obviously I'm not speaking about our own deaths.  But causing death.  We like the smell of blood and the splatter as the bullet hits the flesh.  We stay up at all hours of the night waiting for that opportunity to kill an unsuspecting gangster.

But is this craving necessary in this life?  If we don't crave blood, or have lost our taste for killing, do we no longer belong on these streets?  What if, God forbid, we don't even carry a gun anymore?  Then what?  Are we useless to our family?  But then what if we are a top earner in our family, run many of the family businesses, and are simply a cash cow? 

I'm curious to know where the community stands on this issue.  Is it true what they say...

If you ask 100 gangsters what they'd like to be when they are Made - are 99 of them going to say they want to be a killer?

And why?  What is it about killing that makes you lust for blood?  Power?  Control?  What? 

I've lost my taste for killing.  Members of my family line have killed, and killed and killed.  I don't have that same lust for killing in me.  Now, that doesn't mean I don't kill, and it doesn't mean I won't kill.  Because I have.  I will.  And won't think about it for 2 seconds.  But I don't need to wait for a gangster to present himself to me, nor do I seek them out. 

I'd much rather spend my time doing so many other things.  Taking to the people, running a business, having dinner with family and friends.  Making money. 

When did everything else get lost - and killing become everything?  Or has it become everything?  I await your sides of this story. 

Report Post Tip

If this is true then i must be a minority. I would class myself as more of a business man than a killer. My business may not be all 100% legal but a business man none the less.

This has been the way of my family for generations. If your wanted dead, you will be killed. Simple as that. There will always be killers to do the dirty work. They are as big a part of the family as anyone but i feel the less people with that lust for blood the more profitable a family can become.

Report Post Tip

Listens to WillHayes speach and instinly answered.

Mr. Hayes, reason that if you ask a ganster is that there young an stupid. They don't know what to think what or how this bussiness work. There just consider young blood. And I don't think they be like callin like that. So may they want or reveange. Or they just want to scare others to think there tougher.

But the one percent that said no is probalbly the smartest of the bunch. It's people who say they wouldn't kill will come out bein succesful. I bet you all of my money that, that one person you asked that question and answered no. Will be a boss one day. Maybe even a Godfather. There one of the smartest in this thing of ours.

Sweeney stops talkin. And then walks away.

Report Post Tip

Timber turns to Sweeney.

I do not think all gangsters are stupid and it is unfair to class them all together. I do believe there are some who seem to be born with knowing how to act. There are others who have learned from their ancestors. 

Now with that being said back to the topic.

I must be one of the miniority. I do not feel the urge to kill. I prefer to make my family money and to help the younger members out. I think families will obviously need their killers and their killers may crave blood but there are some of us in this thing that are not as blood thirsty as the others. Don't get me wrong. I will kill if I have to and wont think twice about it. I personally just do not have the urge to kill. 

Report Post Tip

Personaly I think its the power that is graved. The endless bloodshed is all in aid so that one day you can sit back and admire everything knowing in your head "Yeah, I could kill every last one of you if I so wished"

That is a powerful thing to know. It can send people mad. It can stir up jelousy and even hatred and your own demise if that thought was shared amongst the wrong crowd.

I beleive when we see mafioso waiting around street corners at whatever time in the morning for that unsuspecting gangster, they do it not becuase they love the feeling of ending that specific mans life. They do it in the knoledge that one day they will be able to slay much much greater figures. Topple regimes. Put an end to tyranny or even settle an old score.

Report Post Tip

The mighty and powerful Oderus's shadow looms over the street as WillHayes speaks. Thunder and lightning crash as Oderus responds to Hayes

I respect that you have lost your craving to take a life. You have matured to a point where you no longer find joy in it. Why bother doing it if it brings you no pleasure? You have obviously worked hard to get yourself in the position you are in. Let the younger humans in your regime get their hands dirty.

As far as killing in general, that desire does not live in all mobsters. There is a place for everyone in This Thing Of Ours, not just killers. Perhaps the most well-rounded mobsters are those that kill, make money, and other various tasks. However I have known of very successful Friends of Ours who have become very sucessful and have never fired a bullet in their lives.

Enjoy your rest from bloodlust, WillHayes

shakes WillHayes hand and then turns to listen to Sweeney's response.

I am trying to see the logic in your statement, young Sweeney, but I cannot. Please explain. Before my head explodes.

Report Post Tip

As my friend Oderus has said, not everyone desires to be a killer. I happen to be one of those people who doesnt enjoy the killing. If it comes to it, I will shoot and kill, but I dont go seeking people to kill. Im motivated by the money, making it, and taking it. While others deal in death and violence, I deal in buisness. Buying and selling, sometimes stealing from others, thats what motivates me.

Bringing in the cash, ensuring that our crew is well taken care of, and that our Godmothers accounts always stay full, thats the fuel that motivates me.

Report Post Tip

Panting heavily from the effort of having to carry Will Hayes around, Crazy Nine tries to gather some thoughts and enough air to be able to give his opinion. After mumbling "why the hell doesn't he start drinking *diet* Dr Pepper?" he speaks.

As long as you are useful to the crew in any way, and you are good at what you do, you should always have a place in the family. I don't even see anything wrong with being a cash cow. After all, we are about the money and the power.

Well, trained killers are a necessary evil. We would all be more prosperous if nobody had to invest time in finding unsuspecting gangsters to increase our marksmanship, but alas, every family needs people trained in the art of murder to be able to defend the family as a whole.

Some of the skills usually go hand in hand. I could imagine somebody without a gun being smart enough to be able to strategize a successful take down or battle, but usually somebody with that frame of mind would want to be a more active part in the killing.

I think there needs to be a balance in the type of members in each family. A leader needs good earners, and also the good killers. Of course all the better when there is a mobster proficient in both areas, but that's not often the case, specially with new blood. So you just train them in what you think they will be more successful in, or in the area in which they show an active desire to be in.

Report Post Tip

As others have said, there are many people not interested in that aspect of these shores. There is no problem there and they are well accommodated. However, whether people are interested or not, death is an essential part of this thing of ours. It keeps us evolving and keeps current incumbents on their toes, striving to improve.

Ultimately, as with most things in cosa nostra, it is about power. The hitter has the feeling of power, the feeling they can end a life to defend their family. The CL who has access to many trained hitters, knows that this is the bottom line in any power struggle he/she may face. Whether they would prefer diplomatic routes or not, sometimes a bridge can't be made.

My bloodline has seen it's fair share of bloodshed but I wouldn't say they have ever necessarily craved it, rather than realised its importance in the grand scheme of things and the perks it can bring.

That is not to say I place any special emphasis on it for those not naturally inclined to train, if someone is not interested releasing their gun from the holster, there are many, many other ways they can be useful to their family. You need a balance and the right mixture of skills in any family and this area is no exception.

Report Post Tip

Why does say 90% of the new gangsters to our shores want to become killers, fear and power. Fear that they won't be able to defend themselves or their family during a war. Fear that if they can't shoot they will be looked down upon by higher members of their family. Fear that without those kills they won't have a shred of power over anyone.

As has already been stated there are many ways that one can be useful to their family. It's all well and good having all the guns, but if you can't bankroll the bodyguards to protect those guns then it'll be a short fight. There are also those who are needed to be the voices. A lot of "hitters" like to keep themselves to themselves and it's hard to build a family where very few talk to each other, or are known in the streets or around the HQ. You need the mouths to draw people together, you need the money to help build up defences and you need the guns to bring the rain when needed.

Tis a careful balance that if your going to have a long term successful family needs to be well maintained, too many guns and you could be seen as a major threat and taken out to preserve peace, too much defence and what are ya gonna do sit back and pray that someone else kills those who are trying to kill you. Too much money, well hell we are all greedy sods you can never have too much money.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Tasting Death
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL