Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 20:21:38
Page:  1 
When Detroit and St Louis aren't looking. Started by: Jono on Nov 07, '09 20:00

Jono wakes up still feeling dizzy. His ears were ringing and his sight was distorted. He could barely make out bars and the familiar voice of Beowulf and Pawsy. He started to flash back, adamant that he could hear Godmother Marietta and Godfather Rourke arguing.

Get down woman is what Rourke screamed to Marietta, NOW!
Marietta glared at Rourke as if he was kidding her but she could see in his eyes he was definately not.
She quickly kneeled just in time, one of the guards they thought they had taken out apparently had managed to get a grip on his gun and was now firing away, he nearly shot lady Marietta.
It's a good thing she and Rourke where on such understanding terms...

Report Post Tip

It all started out like any normal day for ScipitaRourke, she had woken up around 12 in the afternoom and was sipping some brandy when the phone rang.
Completely annoyed by the fact someone dared to ring her at this early hour she answered the phone...

Yes hello, this is Marty... "What do you want? I don't need a fucking loan or anything!
No no, this is not about a loan the guy squeeked, I have some information for you, something that can earn you a lot of money...
Scipita paused for a second... meet me in 1 hour in the coffeeshop on South Street, ScipitaRourke demanded.
I can't ma'am... I am in Detroit at work at the moment..., ScipitaRourke sighed... AT WORK? What the?...
Well fine! I can send someone to meet you in Detroit, but before I do.. how much money are we talking about?
Roughly 30 mil, give or take... tell the guy you're sending to meet me at the Infamous bar and BBQ around in 1 hour, Marty said.
1 hour? Detroit is a 2 hour flight you idiot! He shall be there at 3.
And with that ScipitaRourke hung up the phone...

So who should she send to Detroit to meet with this guy, ofcourse Jono was the best choice since it involved a lot of money but she didn't know how serious this guy was..
She allready imagined Jono's reaction... "Meet a stranger? Why do you waste your time on phone calls like that? Seriously?"
Maybe.. she could fetch Jono a target whilest he was in Detroit and just mention the meeting after the hit was ordered... that would make things go a lot smoother..
Jono was Scipita's Underboss but also a very good friend... she knew how to play him..

She lighted up a sigaret and picked up the phone

Report Post Tip

Jono picked up the phone. Scipita was straight to business.

Hi Godmother. How are things with you today? What was that? Detroit? Yeah, i've a flight booked to St Louis anyway to see Rourke. Going to buy him a drink as congratulations. I'll give him my best from you. Anyway... I can get a flight from St Louis to Detroit later on. Will be a lot cheaper than flying directly from Philadelphia. Want me to pass on a message while i'm there?

Report Post Tip

Well Jono, not really pass a message more like receive a message...
Thing is this... I just got a strange phonecall of someone informing me there's a 30 mil laying around up for grabs in Detroit.
Some punk called me earlier about this, he wants to meet with us in Detroit..

I don't have any idea yet what it can be though... but best check it out!
He'll be in that famous place errr... The Infamous bar and BBQ.. be there at 1.
What he looks like? No idea, look for a working fella.

Report Post Tip

Be there at one? Not a problem Godmother. It's not to far from the airport. I'll take Beowulf with me, never know when you may need a friends helping hand. Don't know what is happening yet. So need to take someone expierianced. That ok with you?

Jono says his farewells and heads for St Louis. After a very eventful drink with Rourke. Which lead to extreme nudity and midget bashing he headed for Detroit. He took a limousine to The Infamous Bar and BBQ and told the driver to park around back. Followed by Beowulf he entered the Bar and looked around. Beowulf checked around while Jono took a seat. As Beowulf joins him he nods to Jono indicating that he couldn't see anyone suspicious. After a few whiskey's a strange looking man comes and sits next to them. Briefcase in hand he looks at the two of them and starts muttering quietly.

"So, uhm... Jono right? Yeah yeah... you must be, who else would you be? Yeah! I got this info here, take a look... here in the briefcase"

He takes the breifcase and passes it to Beowulf. He always was so good with paper work. After a quick scan Beowulf informs me that it is detailed blue prints and security details for the Detroit Bank of Michigan.

"so uhm... What you think? You like the information? Eh? Do ya? I only want a small cut... like real small... ten percent?!"

Jono asks Beowulf if it was do-able. If he could figure something out that would make this potential job quick and easy with no to little collateral damage. Beowulf nods and smirks. That's always a good sign. Jono agree's with the man's proposal and leaves him a contact number.

Jono calls his Godmother and tells her of the mans intentions

Report Post Tip

Excellent, excellent. A well worth visit it was then!

Actually, wait up for me I need to pack some stuff and I shall join you in this.
I'll bring some of the guys with me aswell, the more the merrier right?

I know it's not really lady like to join into a bank heist, Jono.. but I need my action ya know!
So how many people should I bring? How many will fit in that Limo you just hired? Since you hired it for the day we might aswell use it.

Do we know if we're the only people aware of this big amount being in the bank? I would imagine Marietta might also be interested.. she knows what goes on in Detroit better than any other person...
Actually, hook up with Grassboy to kill time, see if he lets something slip.. you never know right.. work your magic.. in other words... get him drunk!

Report Post Tip

Ahh Grassboy. A good old friend. He's always been tight lipped though. I'll see what I can do. I hear he's into the Marijuana these days.

Scipita hangs up the phone and Jono heads back to his seat. Beowulf heads back to a hotel to finalize the plans for the heist. He orders another whiskey and quietly asks the bar man if he's seen or expecting Grassboy. The bar man informs him that Grassboy usually eats his evening meal at the bar at around 7pm.

To kill time, well... he did just that. There was a lazy gangster taking up needed space of a Philadelphia crew hiding in Detroit. He spent the afternoon tracking him down until he found him squating in some sleazy apartment downtown. Gaining entry to the apartment the gangster became startled. Rather than raising his gun to defend himself he threw a prostitute in front of him. She took the bullet and he pegged it down the fire escape. He didn't have his silencer on him so refrained from showering the fire escape with bullets. It was bad news though, killing civlians, even prostitutes was frowned apon. That wimpish scum. He'll be dead soon enough.

He returns to the Infamous Bar and Grill to meet up with Scipita and wait for Grassboy. When he arrives, Scipita is waiting for him.

Report Post Tip

Ah there you are! I've been waiting here for hours.
Guess who I ran into a bit ago? That punk Lollypop whats his name, the one that decided to lay low around here in Detroit.
He seemed to be in hurry, fortunately my bullets are faster than he can run! It's a good thing Marietta and I are on such understanding terms when it comes down to shooting in her city.. I think some thugs saw me make the hit..
Scipita takes another sip of her wine and shrugs... Oh well, gives those witnesses something to talk about. Funny detail... the guy wasn't even wearing pants!

So it's to my understanding Beowulf is going over the plan right now? Splendid!
I brought Morgan and Pawsy with me, they're currently getting some explosives from a friend they know around here, better than trying to bring our own stuff through customs you know!

Have you had a chance to speak to Grassboy yet? I know it's a long shot... but with all this planning it would be a real shame if we were goin after the same cash.
Things can get ugly you know!

Report Post Tip

God damnit Godmother. I just heard about Lollypop. What the fuck were you thinking? You have people like me to deal with that shit for you. This bank job also... You shouldn't be risking anything. You should let us sort it for you. Although, it's been a while since we worked on a job together. It'll be like old times eh?

I'll go call Beowulf, tell him I'm sending my limo up to get him.

Jono heads for the payphones and asks Pawsy to get his Godmother a drink. While speaking to Beowulf he is shoved in the back, turning around with his hand on his gun he see's a familiar smile. Let's go of his pistol and shakes the mans hand.

Grassboy my old friend. I was hoping to see you here.

He leans over to whisper into his ear

Godmother Scipita is here mate. Come join us. Be great to catch up.

They head back over to the table and Scipita smiles. Many drinks later they manage to hoax Grassboy into talking about the bank.

Shhhooooooo uhm... the bank? Yeahaaash I know kat bank! $35,000,000 in the safe! Niiiiiice isshn't it! We'ree ginna rob it on Fri... nevversher mind.

That was exactly what they were after. They'd got the date and the confirmation of the amount. Things were looking up.

Report Post Tip

Hahaha, Scipita laughed in silence.. When Detroit shows up on Friday they will find an empty vault... poor Marietta/
ScipitaRourke was very keen on Marietta but when it came down to money it was each women on her own!
Surely Marietta would understand....

What are you all doing here anyways, GrassBoy asked...

Uh oh, he was sobering up... Damn it!

Oh we're here for the on going thievery contest Grassboy! We thought it was excellent practice!

But but Godmother... everyone knows you're the best pickpocketer in the whole America'hic... what do you need practice for Grassboy asked curious.

Well well, it's never wrong to keep practicing even when allready perfect Grassboy! But I better dash, see I need to be my best tomorrow for this thievery stuff I am sure you understand.

Grassboy glared at Scipita not sure what to believe any more, what had he just told them? Oh dear..

Moment later Jono excused him self aswell, he and Beowulf had still a lot of planning to do as they were going to strike first thing in the morning...

Report Post Tip

He quickly scurried out the door with Beowulf leaving Grassboy and the tab at the table. Alot of planning indeed. Apon reaching the hotel he called Pawsy and Morgan. They had the tools needed, apparently Morgan knows someone in this city. Contacts are always good.

The plans were set and all was ready. The job was to be completed the next evening, due to security in-effiencies. The calls where made...

Report Post Tip

The alarm went off at 7 am the next morning, Scipita woke up in the Gaggi hotel.
After completing her usual morning ritual she went downstairs, Jono, Beowulf and Pawsy were allready sitting at the breakfast table in the hotel restaurant.

Where's Morgan, Scipita asked...

Well Jono sighed, there might be a problem apparently those contacts of Morgan called her telling her Rourke from St. Louis and GabrielMancini from Detroit had both paid them a visit after Morgan and Pawsy went by.
Morgan was now survailancing the street infront of the bank to see if the Detroit or St. Louis crews were around...
So far no unusual activity had been spotted...

We better be on our sharpest today Scipita... if we end up with 3 crews in that bank, god knows what will happen.

Scipita nodded and sipped from the coffee the waitress just had given her... well we better get things going then.. don't want to see anyone other than ourselves walking away with that money now aye?

Ok this is what we're going to do...

I'll call Detroit taxi company and go there as a normal civilian... You guys take the Limo.
Jono you have a meeting with the bank manager about a large deposit you're supposed to make today.. that should get you closest to the safe...
Pawsy and Morgan will be on the look out for Detroit, Saint Louis and the cops! Beowulf will stay in the limousine on stand by, he'll explain the last details in the limo.

Ok all clear? Let's do this!

Report Post Tip

After an uneventful morning of putting the finishing touches to the plans. Jono, Beowulf and Pawsy hop into the limousine and head for the bank. Jono exits the limousine and tells the drive to circle the block and let Pawsy out.

He enters the bank and meets with the manager. Such a smug smile on his face. He must get commission or something from large deposits. The paper work is done and the manager leads Jono to the safe. It was a huge silver door. Covered with surviellence and locks. It was going to be tough, but it could be done. The safe was underground for more security. Jono could have sworn that he heard voices...

The bank had just opened so the majority of the staff were tired and still waking up. Only one bank teller was stationed at cashier desks.

Report Post Tip

ScipitaRourke walked into the bank minutes after Jono had disappeared with the manager to discuss further details, there we only a few customers in the bank all in queue in front of one register.
Scipita messed around a bit in her purse and counted the guards in sight.. so far only 2... this was easy easy...
Near a pilar in the bank were some magazines displayed about loans and so on, to pass the time and not drawing any attention Scipita got one of the magazines and pretended to read.

In the corner of her eye she noticed Rourke coming down the bank staircase, he was heavily armed and started shouting to everyone to lay down on the ground...
Oh dear... things were not looking to bright.. not bright at all.. ScipitaRourke quickly hid behind the pillar when someone opened the door that leaded to the banks vault.

ROURKE! What the hell are you doing here? Marietta screamed, filled with anger someone was trying to bust HER bank.

Get down woman is what Rourke screamed to Marietta, NOW!
Marietta glared at Rourke as if he was kidding her but she could see in his eyes he was definately not.
She quickly kneeled just in time, one of the guards they thought they had taken out apparently had managed to get a grip on his gun and was now firing away, he nearly shot lady Marietta.
It's a good thing she and Rourke where on such understanding terms.

OH MY GOD Scipita thought this is mayhem... and Jono is down stairs now alone with the bank manager... Why didn't Pawsy or Morgan spot them? It seemed like Rourke decided to enter from the roof and Marietta through the sewers... what the hell...
They did invent doors for a reason!

Oh Jono better get his hands on the money soon and then we seriously need to make a run for it...

Report Post Tip

The Manager was now putty in Jono's hands. He had gained his trust and believed that Jono wanted to deposit a large sum of money. The bank manager was a proud fool. He was trying to show off.

"Best vault in America this is. The safest you'll find anywhere. Let me show you what I mean"

After a few minutes the vault door was open. The manager turned with a big grin on his face as I smacked him with the but of my gun knocking him out. Probably the easiast of deceptions of mine to this date. Couldn't believe my luck. I quickly bagged up the cash. Couldn't believe it, the weird man from the Bar and BBQ was telling the truth.

While bagging the money he heard gun fire. His heart sank, he knew his Godmother would be in the bank by now. The rush of adrenaline filled his viens as he grabbed the last of the cash and headed for the lobby. Keeping out of sight he could see clearly that Marietta and Rourke where arguing. He couldn't believe it. 3 city heads trying to rob the same bank at the same time? This could get very messy very quickly. From the corner of his eye he notices Morgan quietly entering the lobby from a side door stepping over the dead security guards and bank tellers and nodding me in the direction of the central pillars. "Thank god" he sighed. Scipita was there, alive.

My Godmothers life was the most important thing now. The money was secondary. He hid 3 of the four bags behind a plant pot behind him and kept one for himself. He needed to make it look like he'd just robbed the safe of all it's contents. He then proceeded to walk through the lobby, knowing that Rourke, Marietta and their associates would spot him. Causing enough distraction and with the help of Pawsy's covering fire, Jono ran for his life through a shower of bullets and out the front door. The limousine pulled up just a few metres away and we began to make our escape. Closely followed by the police. The police was a welcoming sign at this point. I'd rather have them catch us than Godfather Rourke or Godmother Marietta.

Report Post Tip

Ah, Jono was a smart man... very smart... the moment he ran out the door Marietta and Rourke went into pursuit leaving ScipitaRourke and Morgan all alone in the bank together with some casualties...
Scipita waited for a minute and then waved at Morgan to follow her to the plant pot.. such a smart man Jono.
Morgan and Scipita took the bags and casually walked out of the bank when someone started screaming... damn fucking survivors...

ScipitaRourke turned around just to see a guard aiming his gun at her when the least she had suspect it... out of no where the janitor jumped at Scipita taking the bullet in his his chest that was ment for her...
Scipita still in shock of the heroic deed that the Janitor just did stared at his lifeless body, on his chest he wore a name tag that read Marty... She couldn't help to think that 10% deal they made with him was now off...
Morgan not so shocked quickly drew her gun and finished off the guard.

Let's go Scipita she said, before they heard us! We now still have a chance to get away unnoticed!
Scipita looked around the bank... there were dead civilians... dead bank robbers both from Detroit and Saint Louis... dead guards... dead Marty the janitor...

Ok get yourself together ScipitaRourke told herself...
Calmly and elegantly she left the bank with Morgan... Getting the hell out of Detroit!

What a mayhem... What a mayhem... Maybe I am getting to old for this Scipita was thinking while passing Michigans borders into Ohio..
Jono, Pawsy and Beowulf better be allright...

Report Post Tip

Well that turned out to be a bust. The limousine drive whom Jono had been promised was an excellent and expierianced getaway drive plowed the car in to a road barrier. It wasn't pretty. The adrenaline was still pumping, no one had a seat belt on. Jono went flying into the drivers partition knocking himself out. The police were sure to catch us now. There was nothing we could do.

It all went black.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: When Detroit and St Louis aren't looking.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL