Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 23:42:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
The MafiaReturns Age Restriction Started by: Rourke on Nov 17, '09 19:23

Age restriction?  What what?  Are you telling me it's true - I actually am too old to play these children's games...

:(

Report Post Tip

PS - I vote for taking everyone who couldn't manage to post here without using profanity and change their status to eating soap for 24 hours or so.

Also:  Will trade CDs for the aforementioned movies involving Marietta!  (or just about anything else...)

Report Post Tip

Yea, im only 17, and I only have 1 yr to play, if this rule was enforced. But let's be honest. If i play Grand Theft Auto, then I should be able to play this.

Report Post Tip
How would of this been enforced if it happened though? Unless admins are going to each players house to ask for ID it would of never of worked.
Report Post Tip
So many shocked by This. This is how human centipad happens. Not reading the instructions.

Also. Telkin is stil only 17? 8 years later? XD
Report Post Tip

Why are we dredging up 9 year old threads?

Report Post Tip

#EternallyUnderage 

Report Post Tip

anyone should be able to play the game i feel. i cane across this game at a young age and definitely loved the structure and the amount of people that be active and stuff. 

Report Post Tip

I remember finding MR when I was 13-14 years old, I met people my age and made some life long friends. I think MR also kept me out of trouble quite a bit because I met good influences here I didn’t really have IRL growing up. I wouldn’t mind allowing people under 18 as long as they can act proper and respect what we have here.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
^ this guy speaks facts that am one of those friends . We was out here thugging many years back . Those terms and agreements didn’t mean shit to us .
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Really come on i am seventeen, i should be allowed.

Report Post Tip

While I agree that  age restrictions are a pain in the ass. Some maturity level is needed this is the intent of the age restriction as well as to protect  the game owner and those who play there. 

Really do you want a 17 year old girl running around making very  blatant sexual comments then saying minutes after that if any guys make her feel weirded out or uncomfortable  she is reporting them to the cops. 

This did not happen on the game platform its self but it did happen recently, in an outside chat platform that people use  while playing this game. And it was between people who played in the same city at one point. 

Now was she joking? 

I have no clue, she said it was a joke , but you don't joke about that shit.    It is also a shit  move that some underage people actually pull off. Ruining people in the process with wrongful accusations. 

To me this is the kind of the stuff that the age restriction helps to regulate, especially with some of the stuff that is said in the games chat and IRC and well  lets face  stuff like past forum posts that depict sexual nature.  And there was the  rape culture Rp forum  post which granted it was promptly removed by staff, but that fact that it was posted says that an under age restriction is needed. 

Report Post Tip

Ryant I agree - maybe the unpopular view but just because other games allow it shouldn't be the bench mark. To flip also your completely valid comments - yep this site gets mucky in all sorts of ways. As someone over 18 I would be mortified if I discovered what I felt was maybe banter or adult humour was being read by say a 14 year old and maybe they actually liked it etc....The over 18's / 21's need the choice too to know they can engage safely with a community that can make lawful and age required choices. We forget sometimes just how much weight words carry especially for the wonderful youth amongst us who can be impressionable, that's not a critasism guys the wonders of youth are plentiful and hold many attractive skills and qualities, on this one for both sides it is the unpopular view for me, it should be age restricted.....

Report Post Tip

To be fair, this likely should be enforced, but that brings the question, How do you enforce this? You can request they put their birthdate, but anyone with a calculator can figure out 18 years ago. You can admin wack if anyone says "Oh I'm only 15" but how can you know they're serious? They could be a 50 year old person playing around. In my role plays, I'm an 80 year old man, a few decades away from what I truly am.

The better play would likely be to assume that there's a chance anyone could be underage, and act accordingly.

The only way to firmly enforce an age restriction would be uploading photo documentation like an ID, and even then that's not fool proof. 

TLDR; age enforcement should be a thing, but how does this become enforced?

Yea but let's be honest? The only thing on here that's considered 'for mature audiences' Is the drug references that can also be found it movies and video games these kids play. I agree, I don't want my kids doing cocaine and shit but maybe living vicariously through these characters will ease the pressure and they won't actually do these things in real life. I'm not one to believe violent games make kids violent so ya, just a thought.

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The MafiaReturns Age Restriction
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL