Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 18:28:31
Page:  1 
Oooof. Started by: Noah-Levenstein on Nov 22, '09 16:18

Noah sighed and tugged uncomfortably at the starched collar of his suit. Today, he was a nattily dressed superjew. A smart, charcoal grey single buttoned suit accompanied by a slim pair of stylish brown brogues. Noah had big feet. All the ladies knew about Noah's big feet. Along with his carefully selected ensemble was a royal blue tie, the colours of the crackerjack coalition pulling the stiff collar even closer to his already clammy neck. He fuckin' hated formality - always more comfortable in a pair of linen pants and a nice short sleeved shirt.

But today wasn't a day like any other day, where he could sit around the ice creamery drinking grappa and playing cards. No, today was an extremely special day, our thing was in unchartered waters. This reasoning alone was enough for Noah to get svelte'd up, though not, of course, as svelte for the man for whom the sit down was for. The man who's bloodline had eclipsed the  achievement of any other.

I see before me many different people. Some are friends, some are foes from bygone days. Whoever you are, whatever your opinions - one thing cannot be disputed. Today is a historical day, a day which will go down in the an(n)als of our thing. Today, Iota has become the first ever man to belong to a bloodline which has twice reached the dizzying of Godfather.

It is not my intention to 'brag' of a time long gone, nor to look at the past with rose tinted vision; but it is impossible not to regard what a massive achievement this is. Even today, when Godfathers are far more common (though no less majestic!) than in the times of Anita, the rank still holds a great deal of mystery and amazement. Maybe it is not so for you, but
I am in awe of those who can claim this greatest of accolades. For one line to claim it again is simply beyond description.

I watched with pride as, many years ago, my Grandfather Koop was in a similar position, congratulating Acute on his achievement. Now today, in the role my 'Pops once took, I feel even more pride in ushering my own friend and Leader into a period of advancement in the bosom of the Mafia - Chicago. Now, before I start to resemble a Los Angeles native, we must not dwell on the present but  instead look to the future.

Iota has many plans for Chicago, many of them will be headline makers, yet many more will pass without wide regard. All, however, will be carried out with same zeal and intensity with which he tackled his role as a Right Hand Man and Underboss in New York. In many matters, I, along with his soon to be announced Underboss, will be the mouthpiece of Godfather Iota and the Crackerjacks to allow Iota to concentrate restoring a floundering city to it's previous giant reputation under the steady hand of such greats as Sims, Evsie...and of course Branston (ooooof).

I do not need to tell you that his un-appreciation of the limelight will not affect his Leadership, nor would I bother. The continuing actions of Godfather Iota and his crackerjacks will speak more than any of my words could; as the inhabitants of New York have come to learn from his tireless efforts in recent months.

The first of these actions, the news that Vinnie_BagoDonuts will head the main regime here in Chicago. Iota and myself will continue to look over the as far as the bigger picture is concerned, but Vinnie and his crew of 50 will run the day to day operations of the city; and after his continued sterling efforts with the crackerjacks - there is no doubt that he will easily command the position of Iota's immediate Underboss.

More announcements will follow on the structure of Chicago and the direction in which it is heading, but for us at least - now is a time to enjoy the night.

Heyoooooo.

Report Post Tip

congrats vinnie

Report Post Tip

It would seem someone read the final paragraph only.

Congratulations on Godfather Iota. You deserve the honour, and best of luck in your new city.

Report Post Tip

An exceptional achievement for your bloodline, Iota, but more importantly an exceptional immediate achievement in taking up the mantle of Godfather of Chicago. It's clear, even to those in other cities, that you have served New York fantastically over the months and this move just confirms the regard your superiors there held you in.

I have no doubt that the city will flourish with you at the helm. I look forward to working with you in the future, but in the meantime, here's to you!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on such a great achievement Godfather Iota. I hope your Business Venture in Chi-Town will be a long and prosperous one.

Report Post Tip

Well done Iota, it's good to see Chicago once again with a Godfather.

Report Post Tip

After a long night of packing all her bags, sore and sleep deprived Melody walks onto the streets to hear the speech

Ahh Iota, im so happy and honoured my bloodline has had the chance to bear witness to you becoming Godfather once more. Congratulations on such a praised rank Boss...

Another Congrats is in store for Vinnie as well.. im sure you'll do a fine job.. im excited to see what us crackerjacks are capable of..

Report Post Tip

For crying out loud I'd only just got myself comfortable in New York and now you've up ended me to the Windy City..... ungrateful that's what it is. Fucking Chicago the place stinks and if Capone catches me, well why do ya think I was hiding in New York.....

Oh bugger I just realised, boss your a godfather......that's awesome news congratulations. Okay so maybe Chicago ain't as bad as New York after all.

Report Post Tip

No disrespect to the godfather of chicago ..i did see every think ..i just congrats Vinnie cause we were close at one point of time .

Report Post Tip

Congatulations,Godfather Iota.Best of luck to you and your city!

Report Post Tip

Vinnie staggers to the front of the crowd where Consigliere Noah-Levenstein has just finished his announcement.

Godfather, Consigliere Levenstein ... I wish not to question you, but were you talking about me? Really? I really picked a bad night to fall off the wagon.

Vinnie steps up onto the platform, removes his hat and looks towards the crowd, squinting his eyes, he sees a few familiar faces.

Damn this sun is bright! I really wish I would have worn a nicer suit. Oh well, it ain't about the cover.

As you have just heard our Godfather has just bestowed upon me a great honor. One that is my pleasure and an honor that I assure you all, I will give my very best toward. I am looking forward to continuing my service under you Godfather. Here's too many more successful days of service under you watch.

Report Post Tip

My utmost congratulations to Iota on this tremendous achievement. Rare it is to achieve Godfather even in this day and age, and yet to have a bloodline achieve it twice? Amazing.

And, of course, these congratulations extend to Vinnie.

Good luck with the Windy City.

Report Post Tip

Chevlios stop his walk and hear Mr. Levenstein announces

Chevlios open his hat and say gratz to Iota, his crew will make chicago as better as NY

Chevlios continues his walk

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Iota on being the second in your bloodline to make Godfather. I'm so honored to have been part of your family while we were in New York.

And also congratulations my new boss Vinnie_BagoDonuts.

Leiah bows and sets off to start her new life in Chicago.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Iota on becoming Godfather. Very well deserved my friend, can't wait to see what you do with Chicago. And Congratulations Vinnie.

I wish you both the best of luck in The Windy City.

Report Post Tip

CaptainArab hears the announcement and raises his hipflask in a salute to the newly recognised Godfather

"Congratulations sir, such acheivements in this thing of ours should be properly recorded and celebrated. And following in your family's footsteps, I'm sure they would be proud."

Report Post Tip

Iota, congratulations on your amazing achievement. The fact that your line is the first to do it is an amazing achievement. I hope that we can all sit back and learn from you, and take that learning to the streets, thus becoming better mafioso's as a whole.

Once again, Congratulations.

Report Post Tip

Cowgratulations Iota, friend of the cow.

YOU HAVE MY HOOF

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Oooof.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL