Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 19:14:41
Page:  1 
Arrivederci, Mia Detroit Started by: Marietta on Dec 01, '09 23:59

"And you're aware that this is a large majority of your assets, Miss Rossi?" his dry, arrogant voice asked to the quieted, soft pink office.

The woman merely nodded, her eyes still downcast towards the surface of her desk. She didn't attempt to make eye contact, nor even part her lips for a single word. Sighing to himself, the man give a small 'tsk' of disapproval under his breath before resuming the scratching of his pen against the stack of paperwork. He knew better than to say anything or question the decisions of THIS woman. Though she was one of his most gracious and devoted clients at his privately owned bank, the whispers and rumors could not be ignored. Even if he only slightly believed she had killed men for sport, it was her demeanor and aura that scared him more.

He just knew, somewhere in the back of his mind, it was a good idea not to fuck with Marietta Rossi.

Shifting in her seat she began to lightly drum her fingers against the mahogany surface of her desk. In her head she created a tune to go with her mindless movement; anything to prevent thinking. She had to keep a level head- she had to keep a clear sight on her goal. No time to be sidetracked, no time to dwell on the decisions she had made or the actions that had propelled her towards this very moment in time.

A click sounded; the door to her office opening. Lifting her head for the first time in over half an hour she narrowed her green eyes as she watched her two nephews, Gabriel Mancini and Henry Rossi, enter the room cautiously. They both threw careful, curious glances towards the banker, Mr. Peachtree, before standing awkwardly on the inside of the door.

"Come in," Marietta said with a soft smile, her throat dry as she raised a hand and waved the men inside.

"The letters," Gabriel said as he walked to his normal seat: the white leather arm chair to the right of her desk. "We mailed them as you asked. Can I just ask-"

Her look silenced him. This was not lost on Mr. Peachtree, who tried to slyly hide his gulp of fear.

Henry walked towards the couch in the more open area of the office floor plan, tossing his suit jacket casually over the arm and loosening his tie as he sat. The young boy of twenty stared at the back of the strange, pin-striped suit wearing man's head, almost hard enough to bore holes there if he were to have some supernatural power.

"M-Miss Rossi, I just need you to sign..." Peachtree said, gesturing towards the papers.

Marietta leaned forward, taking the pen from the man's hand and signing off on all the pages where he had marked them with a small 'x'. This action took several minutes to complete, and when she was done she passed them back towards the banker, the pen laying on top. Giving another weak smile she nodded.

"That will be all, Sir. I'd really appreciate you getting that done for me as soon as you possibly can. Thank you."

Her voice was dismissive, leaving nothing left to discuss. As hurried as he could the banker Peachtree gathered up the papers, his briefcase, and hustled out of the office to the safety of his automobile.

The silence he left in his wake was deafening. Marietta tried not to look at Gabriel's accusing stare, and Henry's innocently questioning gaze.

"I saw what was on the papers, Mari," Gabriel said, his tone dark.

Turning away from him she stood at her desk, fussing with things that didn't matter like the position of her telephone, or invisible lint upon her gray sweater.

"Why are you signing away all your assets?" Gabe stated as he stood from his chair.

To keep herself preoccupied she opened her desk drawer, pulling out two final letters that she did not include when she had asked the boys to mail several out for her earlier that day.

"I'm going out of town," she simply stated, hoping she sounded breezy and offhand. Approaching Gabriel she handed him a letter and blinked.

"Oh neat!" Henry called from behind her, jumping up off the couch and grabbing his jacket. "Where are we headed?"

He was a little slower on the uptake than Gabriel was, that was for sure. Turning she beamed down at her younger nephew and handed him his own letter.

"Please open those letters later, boys. I'm going out of town by myself, Henry. And not for a vacation. Forever. I'm retiring from the business."

Henry looked shocked; Gabriel looked as if he had been slapped in the face.

"But why?" Henry tried to ask, his voice faltering as he stared at his Aunt's face.

"Because, Henry, it is time," she said, her voice breaking a tad. Breathing deeply she gazed deep into her younger nephew's eyes and took him by his shoulders. "I need you to do me a favor, okay? Only you can do it. Go to her, and protect her. It's on your shoulders now."

The young man nodded numbly, blinking in confusion as he took in the office, more empty than normal. With a sigh Marietta dropped her arms and turned to Gabe.

"Come with me, for a moment," she said, gesturing for him to follow.

For the final time Marietta stepped outside of her office and into the quaint hallways of the RIOT! headquarters. As she walked her older nephew kept pace, silently walking beside her for the final time as her Right Hand. Their footsteps echoed as they passed by the offices of the long, lost RIOT! greats, the nameplates reflecting the dim beams of the sconces in the hlal, as if they were sending off their matron with a final dance of light. Lily. Liam. Maxie. Nickje. BrianRourke (GRHS). Rourkey. The names read as a who's who of Detroit. Marietta stopped short outside of Aurora's old office, which had since been used for nothing but a storage unit. The faded golden letters were dingy but still outlined that it had, in fact, been the office of "Aurora Rodriguez".

"It's just time," she repeated over her shoulder, and in her tone Gabriel knew that there would be no more discussion on the matter.

"Who will assume the business?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"Pedro. He's proven time and time again he's more than capable to do so," she replied, continuing her path down the two flights of stairs and out the front door. On the streets, in the cool, December night air, she turned back to look at Gabriel once more.

"We'll keep in contact. Believe me. I set something up for you to work with some old friends of mine. I just know it's my time to go, Gabe. Everyone knows when it's their time to get out of the business. Someday, maybe, you too will feel a similar calling."

Staring off into the distance for a brief moment she turned back and smiled down at the young man who had served as her Right Hand faithfully, brilliantly.

"I have to go find Pedro and speak to him, then catch my flight to Florida. I hope I don't miss it. For now, though, goodbye Gabriel. Take care of yourself."

"You too," he replied.

"Oh, and Gabe?"

"Yes Mari?"

"Y'all need to stop with the junk."

And with that final nugget of wisdom, Marietta May Rossi Rourke turned on her heel to find Pedro. She walked through the city streets, Godmother for the last time.

Report Post Tip

Majestic stands there crying as he say's goodbye to the Greatest Godmother he has as ever met.

I wish you the best GodMother Marietta.

Report Post Tip

mnirem looks down on the ground,

"Such a shame. You'll be missed."

Report Post Tip

Well, all I can say is I hope you have fun in your retirement, don't think about this place at all. Our bloodlines have been through alot, and I respect that you believe it is the best for you to just hang up the gloves.

If you need anything in the future, please let me know.

Report Post Tip

Wow, I was not expecting this.. I wish you good fortunes and enjoy your retirement!

Report Post Tip

How do you pay tribute to someone who steps down from Godmother, having been the most devoted, most exquisite and the most extraordinary Godmother this game has seen and will probably ever see?

Words will not do you justice Miss Rossi. Enjoy your retirement. To say it's "Well earned" would be an understatement.

Report Post Tip

McKnighter face looks like it was struck by a truck.

"I did not see this coming, not something I would expect to hear in the early rays of dawn."

"May your retirement give you great enjoy and happiness, you earned it."

Report Post Tip

Good luck with your retirement Marietta, it's been a great innings for you, you have certainly cemented your name in Mafia history here, an era which will be known as the Marietta era.

Again good luck and arrivederci.

Report Post Tip

Marietta, unlike all of the others.. I am not entirely shocked that you have retired. I knew this day would come and today is that day.

You will be missed by nearly everyone, Detroit will not be the same without you neither will be this thing of ours. You had the best run in the entire history of our worlds to my knowledge and you deserved every single part of it. You worked so hard and helped so many that your kind heart will stay with people forever.

You have helped my bloodline out loads.. and I mean LOADS, more then I can count to be honest. I owe you so much but can give so little other then my thanks and appreciation. You did everything for our world and you will truly be remembered. Even in times as dark as war's you kept going strong even when you first took into leadership and was fighting on your own to keep your name high. You kept high spirits and marched on. You have suffered loads of big losses including the great RourkeyRourke and HydroPhonic.

In those times you once again still marched on like you needed to. You have tremendous courage and you have the biggest heart I have ever known. You truly were an angel.

I will miss you and so will many. Enjoy your retirement and I can't wait for your return someday. You truly deserve this.

Takes a big breath

On a second note.. I would like to say... Congratulations PedroRourke you deserve this a ton my friend. Marietta couldn't of handed Detroit down to a better man.

Nikolai shakes Pedro's hand and gives him a huge hug 'Well done mate, Your a star my friend and I wish you the best of luck in taking over Detroit Rock City'

Report Post Tip

You have left your mark on all of Detroit, one that cannot be surpassed. I wish you the best of luck and happyness with your retirement.

Report Post Tip

It is said to see you go but at least you were able to leave on your own terms

Good Luck and Pedro is an excellent chose as your replacement

Report Post Tip

ack checks the bullets in his gun and thinks, "this can't be life we're living first our Great GodMother retires and now the air out here feels cold to the bones. I'll be ready for the storm to come."

He pulls out a cigar and bites the end off of it and spits it on the urine stained sidewalk. "Shit now my damn matches are wet what the fuck else is next!"

GodMother you're still the best and until we meet again in the MR after life just know we'll represent Detroit to the fullest and give'em hell till our last bullet and breathe are gone!

Report Post Tip

Ttarrab can only stand with his mouth agape as he watches the retreating form of his Godmother; the first of his kin to have ever had the grand oppurtunity to serve under.

"Good luck and goodbye, Godmother Marietta. I wish you all the best".

A single tear rolls down his cheek.

Report Post Tip

I can't believe it. You sure built one hell of a thing up there in the motor city.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Arrivederci, Mia Detroit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL