X

May 18 - 20:21:31
Page:  1 
A Lion Roars from the Steel City Started by: Quirinus on Dec 02, '09 15:49

Standing outside his new Headquarters, Quirinus let the December
sun warm what little it could of him. Rubbing his hands together, he
nodded to Verona and Otis and turned towards the crowd that had
gathered.

"You have all come here today upon Rumor of News. Now I know the chill of winter has settled and you all would like to get out of this cold, so I shall be brief.

Taking a deep breath of the crisp morning air, he began, "Long ago, though not quite so long as others, my bloodline first set foot upon these shores. There is no need to delve into family histories but suffice to say, my ancestors owe a great debt to the following: Godmother Marietta (Enjoy your retirement!), Don GabrielMancini, Don Return_of_Ghost, and Godfather Rourke (RIP). Had they not taught my father and his father well, I would not have the notes to fall back on in my times of need.

Raising his finger to the crowd, he silenced any noise before it began and continued,

"However, this speech is not about their past but mine and my future. I first came to these shore, in The Steel City as it were, some time ago as we reckon it. I met a man on my travels through the city, freely committing crimes as it suited me. Consigliere Beowulf, as he was then, had intrigued me with his recent Auth. "

"I learned from listening to gossip and reading the papers on what sort of man he was, at least to the outside world. I was not willing to commit myself to anything till I had a conversation with the man. However, things worked differentially and I had a conversation with his Right Hand, Consigliere Paul_Vidi, that gave me the impetus to join his crew."

Smiling fondly at the memory, he shook his head, "A mistake it was not."

"I have learned much in my time with Don Beowulf and Don Paul_Vidi, along with the late Consigliere Vito_T and his son, Vito_Vidi. In my time, there have been many changes around the crew I first came to with no higher aspirations then to learn. The loss of Don Beowulf to issues abroad was blunted by the capable hands Don Paul_Vidi. Don Vidi saw fit to let me loose, letting me take what I could handle but no more. I can not voice my appreciations enough for that gesture of trust."

"However, after some time, Don Vidi and Godmother ScipitaRourke saw fit to bestow the great honor of running a capo crew for him. Under the watchful eyes of Paul_Vidi and Consigliere Vito_T, I strove to prove my worth. In that time, I got to know my Godmother and her Right Hand, Jono. I am pleased that I can now work directly with her and Jono's son for they are of a Quality few possess."

Grinning widely, he motioned to Otis and Verona to step forward.

"Which brings me to the most important Point in my speech. I have been given the nod to run my own crew out of this fine city I call home. As such, I'd like to introduce the Chalybs Leo Superbia. The efforts shall not cease now but be redoubled. "

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Don Quirinus!   Truly deserving of the honor.

Report Post Tip

Standing there Verona felt a bit small compared to Otis and Quirinus who stood there with her. She wasn't exactly a big woman and standing next to 6 foot tall men made her look even smaller. She was actually quite petite even though she did pack a punch. Yet, her size made many wonder.

Walking up she shook her head and gazed around. Smiling over at Quirinus she began her small speech that she had prepared.

"Congrats my old friend. You have worked hard and deserve every bit of this. You have long been by my side and helped me through and through. So here I am now to help you with whatever is needed. You will do great as a boss in this fine city and I cannot explain to you how happy I am to be standing here next to you to watch you do it. So once again congratulations!"

Her heart was overwhelmed with excitement for him and for the family. She figured she was probably excited enough for the both of them too. Giving a small laugh at that thought she walked over and hugged him even if it wasn't the most professional thing to do.

Report Post Tip

You have my deepest respect and congratulations Don Quirinus, I know you will make a fine leader in Philadelphia. Good luck sir.

Report Post Tip

After listening to his speech TDC felt the same as the first time he had met Quirinus.
To follow him, was the right thing

"Congratulations! I'm pleased to be part of this crew! I'll do my best to make it clear that we aren't just any crew!", TDC said.

He then went over to Quirinus and gave him a strong handshake.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Don Quirinus,  You greatly deserve it and I love working for you.

Congratulations again.

runs in circles in excitement

Report Post Tip

Arsenal was walking down the street when he saw the gathering of people celebrating.. Like every other day lately, the cold froze his hands and feet, however the new brought a strange warmth into his body..

Quirinus, Congratulations my friend.. I am sure that your new establishment will be an invaluable asset to the great city of Philadelphia and I am honored to be friends with you and work with you on whatever challenges may show on your path..

Report Post Tip

Melis, who had been standing in the back of the crowd while Quirinus was speaking, waits for the gathered crowd to disperse a bit before she walked over to him. 

Congratulations Quirinus. 

She smiles at him. Turning she weaves her out of the remaining crowd and disappears out of the streets. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Lion Roars from the Steel City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL