Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 15:52:49
Page:  1 
There's no 'I' in team. Started by: ttarrab on Dec 02, '09 16:12

Ttarrab walks into the busy square, and looks around. Seeing scores of businessmen and -women, going about their lives, he approaches the podium and climbs up, to stand behind the stand. Almost immediately, the loud chatter in the square dies down as the workers of every city turn to face Ttarrab.

Ttarrab wipes his forehead with his handekerchief. He remembers, all too well, his last enoucounter with the Streets...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I come before you today to put forward an idea, which, no doubt, many of you have thought whilst going about your lives."

He has their rapt attention.

"What I mean is teamwork. You all know that a successful mafia family spawns from good teamwork and excellent communication. Therefore, I say this to those people out there who do not acknowledge this. Those, who, after a crime involving more than one mafia member, do not even utter a word of thanks, but instead gather their money and quickly leave. Those who do not even communicate with their leaders and the rest of the family. Those who don't even give up some of their money for the betterment of the family. This message goes to those".

Ttarrab steps down from the podium, and anxiously awaits replies.

Report Post Tip

Taps him on the shoulder.

"Fine sir,you are correct,there may not be an I in team,but there sure is an M and an E."

Smiles and walks away.

Report Post Tip

No there isn't

Report Post Tip

Contrary to popular belief, there is an I in team.

Report Post Tip

With regards to communicating with your family leader, I believe this is a matter of opinion.
Leaders are very busy and unless you have been rewarded with the Button, why would a leader want to take his/her time out to speak with you?

That actually sounds really harsh and any leader who doesn't have time for all their members, no matter the rank, can't be a very good one..
What I mean is, when your ranked below the Made Man status, it is polite to go though other forms of family heads such as the RHM/LHM before going straight to your leader, perhaps then they can advise weather or not it's worth bothering them or perhaps they are able to sort the problem out for you, which, in most cases, isn't a problem for them to deal with.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of what you've said, especially about giving money towards the family, that is always important to me.

Report Post Tip

In fairness, some people are the quiet type. They commit a crime, go count the loot and get on with looking to make the next quick dollar.

However, it does take two to converse. I've hit a few art gallery's and afterwards I usually tend to approach the guys I did it with, see how the loot was cut up after my share, they always seem pretty happy with their lot. So the ball is in our court sometimes too.

I do believe, however, that those who do not pay regular tribute and rarely bother with messaging their leaders or right hands never get very far in life. Whether that means a long stint at being nothing but a mere Wise Guy or a swim with the fishes because their leader has had enough. Again the ball is in our court to some extent, these guys might be new to the game, so at times it is our duty to inform them of how things run.

The only type of maioso's I would expect to see such behaviour that you mentioned though Ttarrab would be from those who are not of a Made status. It would be diabolical to think anyone Made or above would act in such a way.

Report Post Tip

There's an I in Alfieri and that's all the family you need right there.

Report Post Tip

Point of correction, there are actually two i's in Alfieri. It might explain the multiple personality disorder the poor man suffers from.

Report Post Tip

:L Deimne, that was harsh, very harsh, I like it!

I believe that one should speak with your leaders, and even those of other families. This is the key to a good game, for if there is not conversation between families then there can only ever be war. Tributes should be sent up, for it is a way to repay the family that has done you a kindness by letting you in, and perhaps you don't deserve to be in that family if you don't send up any tribute. Though there is no letter 'i' in the word team, which is way too clichéd for my liking, you still need to keep some individuality, for if you do not then we are nothing more than conformists. A perfect world is not one where everyone is the same, it is one where everyone is different.

Sorry, that branched a little off topic, back once again to Ttarrab's speech. After a crime, it is only polite for the one who has been invited to do said crime should send a message of thanks to the mastermind, these are simple manners. Though we are thuggish sometimes in our means, we can still be suave and civilised in speech.

Albert, xxx

Report Post Tip

The family is like a pack of humans. Animals give everything in order to protect the pack...it's their instinct in order to live in the jungle. Humans are nothing more than advanced animals. They must work together in order to live in the modern "jungle".

Report Post Tip

There is a big difference between teamwork and just work.

Anyone not part of our family is a worker, simply because they aren't part of the family and are therefore an associate. This means they work for me and rarely with me. I don't get my hands dirty with anyone at street level and why would I? Sounds like a sure fire way to get myself locked away. So often we get caught up in the wrong idea that a leader should send an underling a mail of ":)" and hear about their sick mother. Why? If you were a civilian in a big company, are these the type of things your boss would do? Hell no.

With that in mind, you can bet I look after my earners and Wise Guys who are promising and on their way up. I'm continually assessing my people to see who I should recommend to my Godfather and who deserves me opening the books for. That requires communication for certain, but primarily hard work and dedication. Once they've made their bones I'm still the Boss, but they are my family and then their sickly mother is my sickly mother.

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

There is no such thing as working alone in this world. You need your family for protection and in exchange you should work with fellow crew members and make money for your crew. Basic communication and reuglar financial contributions are needed for the well-being of the family. Thiose who do not see the importance of these will be greatly disadvantaged.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: There's no 'I' in team.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL