Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 19:37:05
Page:  1 
Personal Started by: mnirem on Dec 04, '09 18:19

Some say that business is business and what is personal is personal. Family may be a business, but family is personal.
I tried t seperate the two, believe me I have.

Dear Mnirem,

I must tell you, that it is time. I can not hold off against the Stracci's anymore. And as much as it pains me to say it, I must have you kill your own grandfather. I have no other choice, I am sorry. He will be at a meeting with a capo of the Antolini crew at Julie's diner at 6:00 P.M. tomorow evening. You will be alone.

Recro

I looked over the letter, again and again, hoping I was reading it wrong. I knew that I couldn't. It was too much... And yet...

This is the same grandfather who is the don of a rival family. Who attacked mine because of the death of his son, my father. The one who worked with the Gambini family to wipe us out. Who doesn't even know I exist. Is he really that much to me? I tried to think against it. I really did. I just knew that it was wrong.

"Recro, I will complete the test you have brought before me. With all my heart."

I drove to the restraunt. Julie's diner was around longer than time itself. I would go here every week as a child, eating my little heart out. I knew the owner very well. Julian Lambidi. The guy moved to the United States from Italy thirty years ago. He opened up the joint the moment he had enough money. The last time he has no customers for more than an hour was in the Thompson-McLeod gang war seven years ago. Both dons were found dead after a four year brawl. I play cards with the killer every Tuesday.

I walked into the bar and walked over to Julian.

"Julie!"

"Mnirem!"

I walked over and hugged the guy.

"Geez, M, it's been so long since the last time you came here"

"Business kept me away"

"Really. Tell Recro I say hi"

"Sure. Ironically, it was also business that brought me here."

"Ya don't say"

"Listen, Julie, I need you to do something for me"

"Sure, pal"

"Can you still use a gun?"

"Sure"

"Great"

I saw as don Stracci came in from the corner of my eye. He was old, around sixty, wearing all black. Standing next to him was a bodyguard and the capo. Thinking about what I was to do was bad enough, but actually doing it is crazy talk. I sat down at a table on my own, watching the two mafiosi as they converse about the family business. I finger the pistol at my waist, aiting for the right moment. I look around at all the people there. At least six people over the rank of made, as well as nine assasins and bodyguards. And this diner was supposed to be owned by us.

The waiter walks over to my table.

'What would you order, sir?"

"Linguini Bolongese, and a double scotch, on the rocks."

"Of course, sir"

I watch as the waiter leaves. Damn. Another Stracci. I watch as Julian walks out over to don Stracci and the Antolini capo.

"I hope you find the food to your liking"

I look up, surprised. The waiter was standing there. Eying me. He places my food on the table.

"Thank you"

Shoot. Julian left the table. I missed the conversation because of the Stracci waiter. I grip the handle of my gun, waiting for the right moment.

BAM!

A shot goes off, and a glass in front of me shatters. The waiter was at the other end of the room, gun out. All the Stracci men were guns out, looking around the room. The don was smiling. I wondered why. None of this made any sense. I wasn't well known by the Stracci's. I kept my gun hidden, and the "waiter" was an expert shot, yet he missed. Then I realized. The shot was aimed at the capo. It passed right through the guy. All the innocents stared on. It meant nothing to them. They were used to it. I had to act fast. I had no more time.

I pulled out my run, firing at the Stracci goons. Six went down, another two wounded. I push the table over, and hide while I re-load. Julian pulls a tommy gun out from under the counter and fires upon the ranks of the goons. Don Stracci was injured. "He pulled out a pistol and fired a round at Julian. I watch as he slams against the wall, and slides down.

Bodies were all over the floor. Stracci's, innocents, staff, the capo. Just the two of us. The don starts.

" If you think that I don't know who you are, you are wrong. I know you are my grandson."

I see the blood trickle from his arm, wincing in pain.

"Then explain why you nevere approached me."

"I was afraid. When I saw what happened to your father, I knew you would be in danger if I approached you"

"Lies"

"I would have helped you if I could"

"Lies!"

"I had no other choice!"

"LIES! All LIES! I was alone on the streets, having to pick-pocket to survive. I had to steal food from homes and restraunts. I was all alone! And you wouldn't help me!"

"Recro was watching you. He knew. He always did. He knew I would come to you. If I did, we would both be dead."

I felt a tear come from my eye.

"Forgive me if I don't believe you"

I tightened my grip on the pistol, and felt the pullback as the bullet left the gun.

Business is personal. At least mine is.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Personal
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL