Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 13:31:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Standing up Even if the outcome is death Started by: ForRent on Dec 05, '09 09:00

Although ForRent is dead t was a change to see a member with some back bone and loyalty for the family he was in. The rank of mademan is not to be taken lightly most decent familys make there members take an oath of death is the only way to leave once you recieve the honor. Although he knew hes fate was almost certain death its good to see someone uphold that oath, rest in peace to him.

Report Post Tip

Well said Dwight, I think it's honorable what FoRent is doing

Report Post Tip

ForRent was a good man, my father worked with him. He knew his stuff, helped his family and was really there for anyone who needed him. What he did was crazy but he did pledge his life for his family and friends. He was just trying to do what he thought was right. Very honorable. Hopefully his son will contact me sometime.

Report Post Tip

You totally missed my point Dwight_Stifler. I was saying why is it necessary to go bold to carry on fighting? You can fight without being bold you know, it's not essential to be bold to live. If anything, you have more chance of surviving and doing more damage if you're not bold. Going bold just paints a sign on your forehead saying "Shoot me please, I want you to." whereas staying under the radar by not going bold and not drawing attention to yourself gives you more of a chance of hurting the people who took your family out.

Also, I did say that people used to be shot on sight for showing support to a rogue, "whatever the circumstances". That deliberately included war rogues.

Report Post Tip

In war the enemy is already made a target. Being the LHM of the late GrassBoy's family already ensured his death, therefore a bulls eye as you call it had already been placed on his back way before he set up. So in essence why would he not take the added defense of being hidden behind a family head quarters? I mean harder to shoot through concrete in my opinion then for him to stand outside and just be shot.

Report Post Tip

Cougar, the problem is not that he set up an illegal family. The problem is that he allowed people to join said family ensuring their deaths as well. If I am not mistaken, shortly after, he HQed both members.

Report Post Tip

To my knowledge ForRent did not go out recruiting. Knowing him as well as I did, we did have interactions from time to time, he seemed to be responsible enough to be the kind of person that would inform anyone asking about sponsorship about the status of his boldness. I do not see how he is responsible for the deaths of those who CHOSE to join him of their OWN free will. It's not like he falsely advertised.

Report Post Tip

I do not see how he is responsible for the deaths of those who CHOSE to join him of their OWN free will. It's not like he falsely advertised.

I however, was not informed he did in fact HQ his members after so retract that.

I still stick by my argument that when one knowingly joins a "rogue" leader that the leader is not in fact responsible for their deaths. When one joins a rogue crew, knowing it is a rogue crew, knowing it will result in their death the do so of their own free will. Therefore, I do not see how it is the rogue leader solely at fault.

Report Post Tip

DLS, he was guilty for their deaths because he knew they would die by allowing them to join his family. They could have lived if he had not invited them.

Yes, they wanted to. However, if he had been "honorable," he wouldn't have invited them. If he wanted to stick up for his city, he would have tried to protect the younger members of his city. Inviting them into a family that would doom them is not protecting them.

Report Post Tip

Bloedsuier, you're pushing the same point time and again. Even when accounting for the rogue status, I fail to see why offering a central location for people who were willing to die out of loyalty for their former leader is dishonourable. If anything, it's nothing but. I also fail to see why they are being perceived as mindless zombies who know nothing of what they are doing.

Now, not knowing this particular situation thoroughly - were ForRent to be actively recruiting all new people to these shores, that would be a completely different matter. However, if the words of a rogue are to be taken at face value he apparently was not guilty of doing this - "...it is made clear to those who ask that they will surely die" and so forth.

Report Post Tip

... it appears I've been hitting the liquor a bit too hard once again.

*If anything, it's anything but.

Fix0rd.

Report Post Tip

Furb, I have been pushing the same point because everyone is claiming what he did was honorable. It wasn't.

He was going to die whether he went rogue or not. The members that he ALLOWED to join his family would not have been killed. Especially the Thug right hand man that he HQed.

I did not say what he did was dishonorable. I said it wasn't honorable. They are not the same. There is a gray area in which it is neither honorable nor dishonorable.

Report Post Tip

I don't believe there is a grey area, in which you can't be either. I believe you can be one or the other, or both. In this instance, ForRent was both.

Whilst the setting up of a HQ may be perceived as dishonourable to the current existing system, I view his reasons for setting up as inherently honourable. He wanted to create a (albeit brief) common place for those who pledged loyalty to their/their parental's ex-family. I have much respect for his memory in that sense.

Who knows the thug's back story? Perhaps he wished for revenge on his parent's death, and wanted to do what he could in assisting ForRent whilst he could. Who knows the exact reason as to why he was allegedly killed by ForRent himself? Perhaps he requested it.

Yes, the above are assumptions. I have no idea if I'm correct or completely off the mark, but as far as I'm aware, we're hypothesising over someone who is now deceased. You speak as though you knew exactly what ForRent was doing, and the exact reasons as to why. If so, then I must admit defeat. How can I argue with someone who knew everything about the rogue?

Report Post Tip

Who killed Bobblegob? Please tell me? I joined his crew for about a while than suddenly he got killed!

Report Post Tip

ForRent decided to take a last stand and go down swinging after his city was hit in a mob war. Setting up a headquarters in a city without authorization? What difference does it make considering he was marked for death anyway? If the people that joined him did so out of their own free will and with full knowledge of the circumstances, then it appears that ForRent was a decent enough Friend of Ours to attract loyalists from a pool of orphaned mob associates who decided to stand by him until he fell. Was that an honorable thing to do?

My father was slain in a mob war. His city was slaughtered while he himself, too weak to really do anything, waited idly by to be killed. Believe me there was no honor in that.

Report Post Tip

Honestly....I respect ForRent's decision, not necessarily agree with it, but i respect it. I watched my entire family die around me, myself being the only survivor. If this is how he planned to avenge his family, then I see is as a respectable move. As for being blamed for the death of the others....as previously mentioned in here, it was THEIR decision to join, even after being informed of the risks. That's all there is to it, really. If someone walked up to you on the street, and gave you 100,000 dollars, you would take it. Now say that 100,000 dollars was for a life-saving surgery for that person, but for some reason that person didn't want to get it, so they gave it to you, and died a week later. Are you responsible?? No. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Standing up Even if the outcome is death
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL