Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 16:26:06
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Grins HQ Started by: WWW on Dec 05, '09 09:31

As we have the honour of having Made Men within our crew, I think it is time I elaborated further on what is to be expected of you in order to reach the higher ranks. In this thread I'll be outlining the Capo promotion and what will be expected from you in order to achieve that.

A Capo was traditionally a highly respected Made Man within the family, who is given the nod to run a crew of soldiers. They were responsible for their crew and used as insulators between the Boss of the family and the common mobsters who actually committed the dirty work. In our city we do not currently employ Capos in the literal sense, although I may alter this in time. A Captain is the most literal definition of a Capo, however, the reality of MafiaReturns means that many crews headed by Captains have individuals who are not soldiers within it and many who hold ranks greater than this.

Therefore I have to adapt what I expect of a Caporegime slightly in order to integrate it into our reality. For us a Caporegime will have to have demonstrated that they are capable of recruiting and training new associates for our crew. I will use various members in this fashion for new members that I recruit at the moment. A higher ranked individual will approach any new member to discuss our crew, their aspirations within it and their abilities. This is what any Made Man seeking to be a Capo should be doing, integrating within our own organization but they should also be approaching new members and bringing them into our crew. Due to a recent change, I won't be able to issue invites once we reach 25 members, it will be solely down to you.

A Capo also has to prove they are a good earner. I won't entrust you with the honour of being deemed a Caporegime, if you aren't earning significantly more than Wise Guys and other Made Men.

As a Capo was traditionally a leader of men, I will expect you to have earned the respect and trust of your peers. I want and need my Soldiers to trust each other and be able to work effectively together. Therefore a Capo must have the support of members of this crew before he will be considered for this promotion.

To tidy this up:

- You must have earnings and tributes equivalent to $5,000,000.

- You must have at least one living associate. (Discretionary)

- You must have the backing of at least one Made Man and one person of any other rank from within this crew.

- You must have the necessary points total.

How you go about meeting this criterion is entirely up to you. When your promotion is there, you have $5,000,000 in earnings/tributes and you've got an associate, I will contact you and ask who has offered their support for you within the crew. They will then be asked to speak on your behalf. This may seem fairly difficult, but I expect my crew to be the best and that requires you to be challenged.

The reason I make the associate discretionary as often you have to go whoring like an idiot to gain an associate and I would prefer nobody did this if possible. I may assign you someone within the crew to take on as an associate instead.

~G~rin.

Some of you had started to progress within our crew, prior to your transfer and I was as pleased to see it then as I am now. I'd also like to thank you for the patience you've shown whilst I get this HQ organized.

In all the crews I've been involved with throughout MafiaReturns, I've always found the rank of Made Man to be too cheaply given, other than in Godfather Kenobi's crew given as he used as a similar policy to this. In the context of the Mafia, this is an enormous step and one many associates and wise guys never had the opportunity to take. In order to be considered part of the family you often had to commit a final act to demonstrate your loyalty to the crew and the cause, this was invariably to kill someone.

In our world this is not always practical and I can't order you all to take out worthwhile targets to demonstrate your loyalty. This has led to something of a compromise, whilst still demonstrating your commitment to the cause. The only real valuable commodity here is money and as such I've decided that before you can be considered for Made Man you must have donated/earned at least $2,500,000. My original intention was for it to be $5,250,000, but I am feeling generous.

This is not the only requirement either. When you are given the honour of becoming a Made Man, I am welcoming you to the Kenobi Crime Syndicate as a full member of this family. You become one of us and I will expect all of you to recruit and take responsibility for new associates coming into our crew. In other crews I've seen this result to cheap whoring, but here you will be giving your word and vouching for any individual who joins us. They are your associate, you've brought them here and you will be expected to answer for them if they fuck up.

To summarise the above into something more straightforward, to become a Made Man:

- You must have a combined donation and earnings total greater than $2,500,000.
- You must have the necessary points total.
- You must have demonstrated you are ready to train and recruit an associate.
- You must have proven your loyalty to Grin & TesleR.
- You must have the blessing of BoabyWanKenobi.

These are the things we will be considering, with the latter two being solely at our discretion. I will not recommend you to BoabyWanKenobi, the head of our city, unless I feel confident you will not let me down. I hope in a few weeks time I'll be welcoming the last of you into our family as Made Men, but for now this should be your goal.

Should you be unclear on anything listed here, do not hesitate to mail myself or TesleR.

~G~rin.

I've decided to do away with the conventional "here are the rules, please sign below" because to be honest with you, by accepting invitation you've agreed to my rules anyway. So regardless of whether you sign these or not, here is what you've agreed to:

1) You work for The Kenobi Crime Syndicate - As I am a Boss within New Orleans, you work for me. This means that it is me you're representing in your actions and to save us all some time, I do not like being made to look foolish. I expect your loyalty and I will in turn reward it.

2) You will not shoot at sponsored mobsters - This means anyone who has a crew is not to be touched unless myself or my RHM/LHM specifically tell you to. You will be shot if you break this rule.

3) You will not shoot at unsponsored mobsters with (-48) next to their name - This means they are under 48 hours old and are protected from harm. You will be shot if you break this rule.

4) You will not pickpocket anyone without their express permission - This is a rule of our Godfather BoabyWanKenobi in order to avoid issues. If you want to pickpocket someone, ask them first, it will save me headaches.

5) You will act respectfully in the Streets & in your communications - This means that you will show appropriate respect to other sponsored mobsters, especially if they are Made Man or higher. I encourage you all to be active in the streets, but especially whilst you yourselves are low ranked, to be careful with what you say.

6) You will pay tribute - To quote a popular and extremely annoying song of the future, we are all in this together. That means as a result of the protection The Kenobi Crime Syndicate gives you, you are able to commit crimes and make money. However, this is not a charity and in return I expect you to pay regular tribute to me.

7) You will not ask outside of The Kenobi Crime Syndicate for loans - If you are short of cash for any reason approach myself or BoabyWanKenobi. Do not take matters like this outside of the crew and certainly not outside of The Northern Lights if Kenobi or I are unavailable.

8) You will abide by the City Rules set by the head of each city - Some cities have different rules to our own (such as Pickpocketing in Philly) so be sure to know what you're letting yourself in for before flying to each city.

9) We do not pay the shooting tax in Detroit. Do not shoot there.

10) You will succeed - This is the most important thing you're agreeing to. I am not carrying deadwood. If you don't earn enough for me, I'll cut you loose. If you don't progress fast enough, I'll cut you loose. This is a business, I'm here to make money and so are all of you.

Whilst I do not require you to sign this, it would probably be worthwhile to at least read it.

~G~rin.

Further to the recent mass mail sent out (and the fact this very thread is in BoabyWanKenobi's HQ) you will know that I am Grin and responsible for the defence of our fine city.

In order to help me to achieve that I will need you fine individuals to assist me by providing your weapons to the cause.

I won't go into the finer points of the hitsquad at this stage, that will be explained to any who require the knowledge when the time comes..

I would strongly advise that everyone within our walls at least try to maximise their ranges and I'll be happy to offer tips as to how to train a gun for anyone particularly unsure of how to go about this.

As you chaps fall under my direct observation, you are required to report to me with is the following information:

Name: (Your username)

Shot Record: (Kills/Total Attempts)

BG Shot Record: (Kills/Hits/Misses)

Training Range: (Amount of Ranges/Maxed)

IRC Name: (Username on IRC)

Therefore what you should send to me will look something like:

Name: Grin

Shot Record: 200/200

BG Shot Record: 200/0/0

Training Range: 1/Maxed

IRC Name: Grin

As soon as possible.

I will expect this updated weekly thereafter and will be checking with you if you fail to deliver this. I will expect these every Sunday.

This is an important service that will actually make MafiaReturns a hell of a lot more exciting for you as well.

See old ~G~rin for more information if you are unsure about what any of this means.

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

lolz

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

Facinating information....

Report Post Tip

Nice work Grin. Glad to see your HQ is up to the standards I know your bloodline has set in the past.

Thank you WWW for bringing this information to a greater forum.

Carry on the good work Grin.

Report Post Tip

ooooo nice HQ Grin! I love it!

Report Post Tip

Starts taking down notes

This is some good stuff, hopefully theres no copyright laws on it.

Report Post Tip

I do believe he meant it to be a blow to Grin. But it seems people are more engaged in admiration and notes taking :P

Report Post Tip

Thank God he didn't reveal our Bar, I've been strutting around with booby tassles on in there.

Report Post Tip

Oh god.

Imagines TesleR with booby tassles.

Ewwwwww...Terrible image.

Report Post Tip

I will pay anyone who can get me the blue prints of Grins bar!

Report Post Tip

How much?

~G~rin.

Report Post Tip

There are some excellent ideas here. Having made the appropriate phone calls to check and see that you had not actually copyrighted them, I will be sure to steal a few. Good work, Grin. You might look into the whole copyrighting thing, though.

Report Post Tip

Looks like a pretty high quality organization.

Nice work, Grin.

I wouldn't have expected anything less from you.

Report Post Tip

He stole the ideas from me when I wrote them for his father. True story.

Report Post Tip

With pictures of TesleR, $5.

Without the pictures, $500,000.

Report Post Tip

I always knew that Grin bloke had high standards. 

Shakes fist...

Report Post Tip

How rude Rhuarc.

Tes dons his booby tassles and gyrates

Hypnotising, no?

Report Post Tip

Name: Grin

Shot Record: 200/200

BG Shot Record: 200/0/0

Training Range: 1/Maxed

IRC Name: Grin 

Nice....

Report Post Tip

MY EYES!

HELP, MY EYES ARE BURNING!!

Runs away. . .

Report Post Tip

These qualification is really informative,impressive and quite plagiaristic (will be plagiarized in one way or another)...Goodluck with that grin..

And oh is there someone who calls you wise?

ill kill my cat if im the first one!

grins

-Puck-

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Grins HQ
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL