May 18 - 21:53:11
Page:  1 
Falling Star, bright light. Started by: WillHayes on Dec 05, '09 23:06

I come to you tonight with one of those good news bad news
scenarios.  So, which would you like to
hear?  The good news or the bad news
first?  Oh?  Too bad. 
First, the bad news:

It's an interesting time here in New York.  Businesses are prospering, and there's a real
sense of community.  Unfortunately, in
this time, my Captain - Starshine, has decided to step down.  She's been a bright light in the New York
sky.  She's run her family with
commitment, dedication, and a great sense of humor.  She's given her all for her family, but has
decided that she can no longer go on.  
It's a great loss for the city of New York.   I have
known Starshine, and her family line for some time now, and am extremely proud
of how far she's come.    She's  been tremendously loyal to the city of New York,
and has done us proud.  And personally,
she's been a great friend.  So, it's
obviously with a heavy heart that I accept her decision to step down. 

So, Deimne, Starshine and I have had lengthy
discussions.  And after much
consideration, we've decided that Starshine's 
RHW, -Lana- , will step up to the challenge, and take over the
family.   That's the good news. 

-Lana- has been an extremely loyal RHW to Starshine, works
exceedingly hard, and has gained amazing experience working within the city of
New York, alongside my family and the other families of New York.  She was raised in Montreal, deciding to move
to New York upon being called into the life.  And she's excelled ever since.   She is
committed, motivated, never afraid to ask questions, and she's been present in
the streets.  She has a number of great
qualities, all of which will make her a great leader.  She has gained my respect.   If you are looking for somebody who lives
the life fiercely, honorably, and by the code, then -Lana- is that person.  It has been an honor to know her, and I look
forward to seeing what she can do. 

So, while we say goodbye and thank you to a great friend and
leader in Starshine, we say hello and good luck to -Lana-.  I know you will do well.   Congratulations -Lana-, now go and make us
proud.

Report Post Tip

Lana Congratulations to you on your recent triumph. I know it comes to you in less than favorable situation, but it has come none the less. You will do very well as a leader, and i can't wait to see what you can do. Make me proud Lana, I know you will

Duke clapped for Lana

Report Post Tip

Starshine steps out and embraces Will in a deep and tearful hug. She knows that she will miss the bright lights of New York but trusts that with Lana, her crew, her family is in good hands.

I hate to say goodbye but I have come to an impasse in my life where I can no longer continue to be a leader in the great city of New York. I will miss everyone tremendously. Thank you New York for giving me a home. Thank you Godfather Deimne and Will for letting me serve under your command. And thank you to the Shooting Stars who made every day as a crew leader, a joy and honor.

Starshine steps back, letting the tears flow freely.

Report Post Tip

Tony steps forward and hugs Starshine.

Boss, you will be deeply missed. It has been an honor to serve you.

Lana, I cannot think of a more deserving person for this honor. I have known you since I arrived here an d have learned much from you. It will be an honor to work for you, and I will do all I can to assist.you.

Tony walks over to his wife and gives her a kiss and a hug. Excited with her about the journey ahead.

Report Post Tip

Aussie stood up and clapped
Congratulations Lana, our bloodlines have been close for a long time and i always knew you had what it takes, i wish you well on your journey.

Report Post Tip

Though I have never had the honor to work for Don Starshine and her crew while I was living in New York, I've always admired Don Starshine and her Right Hand Woman Consigliere Lana. It is sad to hear that Starshine is stepping down as a crew leader, but I wish you the best of luck with your crew, Lana. Congratulations.

Leiah bows to the new leader in her former city and leaves.

Report Post Tip

You see the man come out and cheer for -Lana-, he begins to speak...

Congrats girl! We all know you will do great!

Report Post Tip

prince-cola wish Starshine all happiness later in life

and congratulate Lana with promotion I wish you  all  success

Report Post Tip

-Lana- stands beside Starshine and squeezes her hand as she discreetly slips her a tissue. Star was her friend and mentor and this occasion was bitter sweet. She turns towards her...

Star, you have been a great leader and teacher. I have learned so much from you and I will miss you immensely. Your joie de vivre is contagious, your understanding to be experienced and your determination inspiring.

I wish you well my dear friend!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations -Lana-, I am sure you will make the city of NY proud!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations -Lana-, I wish you the best of luck with your family and i know you will make Godfather Deimne and New York proud.

Mikhail shakes -Lana-'s hand

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat approches Starshine and gives her his undying sincere hug...
"Boss, it was a true honor to have the priviledge to work under your authority. You have set the bar high for Lana, but i have great faith that she will succeed in whatever challenge she encounters. She leaned from the best of the best, and i trust that she will be a great leader here in NY. Goodbye Boss, i will miss you greatly."

"Lana... well well, it finaly happened. The day i live to see you become a true Leader. You have proven yourself capable again and again. I have seen you in action, and our ancestors were never far apart. I am very honored to know that you are the next leader here in NY. I would like to personaly thank Starshine, Deimne, WillHayes and all the other leaders of NY for opening a place for Lana as one of your fellow leaders. Congratulations Lana, i am very proud of you."

One of your most devoted members,
-Sneak!

Report Post Tip

We had met a few times, pickpocketing eachother with a few brief words every so often. Look at you, moving up in our criminal world and controling your own organization. Congrats and best of luck friend.

Opens up a box of cigars and passes them around to the crowd that was gathered

Report Post Tip

Congrats -Lana-!  I know you will do just fine and be great addition to NY. I hope you continue to work for yourself and your family.

Report Post Tip

This is sad to see Starshine step down, but she was a grand leader and I wish her the best in whatever is to come.

Congrats Lana and good luck. It is now your time to shine.

Verona starts to sing a little tune she heard, "Shine bright, shine far. Be a star. Where you live, where you are, be a star!!" And with that she walked off.

Report Post Tip

First of all, i wanted to thank Starshine for giving me a spot in her crew. We didnt know each other, but ive heard so many things, great things, about her that it made me proud to be part of her fam. Its sad she had to leave now, im sure NY will be dealing with a great loss.....but we all be waiting for her if she ever dicides to come back.

Second, i want to congrat Lana and Tony, for this new chance of showing people what you guys are capable of. You are just awesome and i wanted to thank you for everything youve done for me, speccially Tony for not letting me die in the streets.

Im proud to be with you guys in this new project, like always, ill do my best.

Report Post Tip

Al comes screeching up in the coupe and slides to a sideways stop in a cloud of burning rubber. He hopes out like he's not even late.

Starshine, you rose to great heights and left on your own terms. Who could ask for more? Good luck in your future endeavors.

-Lana-, congratulations to you and your new RHM. You got what it takes, and Tony is no fool. I look forward to seeing you guys prosper.

Report Post Tip

-Lana- fans herself as the cloud of smoke dissipates around her...cough...cough...

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your well wishses. Along with my RHM, Tony-Sperio and my LHM, which will be appointed tomorrow hopefully, we will achieve the height of New Yorks expectations. I know for a fact that I have an awesome crew and I look forward to the time of my life, working with the best of the best.

Thank you to Godfather Deimne and Don WillHayes! Your trust humbles me and The Montreal Connection will meet all of your expectations. 

Merci beaucoup!!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Falling Star, bright light.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL