Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 13:25:13
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Combined Effort to Combat Code Claimers Started by: Jeddy on Jan 13, '16 21:12

From my short time spent on IRC, I notice there are a select few people who do log onto IRC at :19 past the hour, make a grab for the :20 credit code, and quit IRC after. 

"[22:21] <+JackRuby> izzy was talking about changing it tiggy :P"

I propose that until some change comes into effect, we as a player base unite and take a stand against these twatvultures.

Provided approval by the upper structures, I am ready to spearhead and organize a division (C-Sec for Code Security) purposed for reclaiming these codes from confirmed twatvultures. This will be done by placing a hit for 500,000 or the marketplace value of one credit (whichever is greater) on twatvultures until such time they cease and desist and at least log in three minutes prior to the code appearing.

Pledges from private persons for the remainder of the year has already reached $100,000,000 and costs of hitlisting will be assumed by C-Sec itself.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I'm not sure if I support or oppose this suggestion, but since you're describing a user-based movement and it implies zero change to the game (from the coder's perspective), I think this post belongs in OOC rather than Game Suggestions.

Report Post Tip

Every suggestion in this game has been based on user-movements and desires.

"[22:21] <+JackRuby> izzy was talking about changing it tiggy :P"

It does imply a code change in the works, this is a proposed solution until a hard fix can be implemented.
Report Post Tip
You want to hit list me, or others who log on irc in attempts to claim one free credit per day? Please, in detail explain how this is effecting anyone. I for one don't have a life style that allows me to spend my time in IRC, so I have to make random attempts at claiming these freebies.
Report Post Tip

I didn't say you. C-Sec has a system that identifies those who consistently abuse the system.

Report Post Tip
Me is a general reference to those who log on, attempt to claim a code, and leave. What this suggestion will do is lead to the end of free credits in IRC.
Report Post Tip

No it will not lead to the end of free credits, it will lead to free credits going to those who use IRC for more than just the free credit.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure I'm understanding this right

No it will not lead to the end of free credits, it will lead to free credits going to those who use IRC for more than just the free credit.

What do you mean by that? what do you mean more than just the freee credit?

Report Post Tip

I mean that there is more to IRC than just the free credit, Sweetsuns

Report Post Tip

ohhh ok yeah oops i get it now lol.

Report Post Tip

"Every suggestion in this game has been based on user-movements and desires."

While yes, changes to the game are motivated by users, I mean what you're describing here in its entirety is not a change to the game code but a change in how people play the game. If there is already a code change in the works, that only further proves my point that this thread is by no means directed towards a change in game code. Especially since your resolution is not a change in code but simple a decision to put players on the hitlist.

And now that I've had some time to think about it, I am opposed to it. I'm opposed to anything that would threaten a player's character because of what they say/do on IRC when they have done nothing to break the site's rules. I don't think it's the duty of the players, or any one player in particular, to police who should or shouldn't get a credit from IRC.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I don't understand what the issue is.

A free credit link is provided every hour to the fastest person to get their hands on it. Whether you log on a minute before, leave IRC unattended, or an active chatter, the chances of you being the fastest to claim the credit doesn't really change.

There are plenty of times where Izzy will go on a trip posting free "non-timed" credits for active IRC users to get their hands on--not to mention you're rewarded with Rogue times.

This is a bad idea.

Report Post Tip

*SORRY FOR THE SPAM*

Just want to add something to my above post. I have really bad internet speeds. If I manage to get a credit, it is because user-activity is really low or too many players don't have their "credit timer" open at the time the link is published.

Implementing a system like this would be like me implementing a similar system that posted hits for players with faster internet speeds who claimed a credit before me.

It isn't fair to punish someone who beat you to the punch. <<< (This is my point.)

Report Post Tip

The goal of the credits given away on irc was to promote IRC activity.  One solution to this is just PM those who have over X lines in the past X time a code - first to grab wins.

This rewards those who have been using irc for more than a join/claim/leave

Report Post Tip
Sounds reasonable, but what about those who are active on irc, that don't sit in #DivineLunacy? Would it count their lines in other rooms or would that data have to be pulled from #dl?
Report Post Tip
If we did do something in that direction it would be in #DL only
Report Post Tip
Henri nods. I usually sit in there anyway when my connection's stable, was just inquiring to have the knowledge :) Cheers for the speedy reply.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Combined Effort to Combat Code Claimers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL