Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 16:13:48
Page:  1 
The Robot Goes Bold Started by: Cato on Jan 15, '16 17:20

It had been a rough day. After attending the funerals of his fallen Stoic brethren, Cato made his way to the Streets. The night before, he instructed his friend Bender to set up an HQ alongside him in Bella Vista to serve as his captain. The mix of congratulations and mourning caused an unusual stir in the Stoic HQ. Regardless, it was time to press on.

I've decided to set up my close colleague and friend, Bender, alongside me in Bella Vista. He isn't a good robot, he has a drinking problem, and he struggles far too much with reading the bulletins I post in the HQ. But... Uhh.. But... He's...

Cato turns to Miss_Niki and whispers "Why are we authing him again?"

Oh- right. But he's our robot. And he has represented all... most... some? of the principles for which we strive. I have the utmost faith in him and the specimen of raw manliness that he has selected as RHM, Ron_Burgundy. The pair of them will do great things, and I am confident they will make me proud. Best of luck, Planet Express!

Report Post Tip

Fry listened to Cato speak of Bender's authorization to set up in Bella Vista, PH. He pulled out the flask from his trench coat, saluted Cato, and took a drink in celebration of Bender's new family, Planet Express.

Report Post Tip

Miss_Niki steps forward and smiles as she  claps her hands in congratulations. With Bender and Ron_Burgundy at the helm, they will have a great crew. 

Miss_Niki turns to Cato and whispers " Because he kept stealing everything in HQ and pawning it in Ron's shop.  He even took the toaster!!"

Report Post Tip

Congratz Bender on your new crew. Have a Benderbrau on me.

Femto throws the ale in his direction.

Report Post Tip

Connor claps respectfully from the side of the crowd. He smiles at Bender as he steps up to him.

"Congratulations Bender. Always good to see Philly growing, and I'm sure you and Ron will do great. Best of luck!"

Connor shakes his hand and steps back, allowing others to continue in the congratulations.

Report Post Tip

Bender struts along the street, casually, playing it off like he didn't know Cato was talking about him. Although, of course he was, why wouldn't he be? Bender over hears Miss_Niki accuse Bender of stealing everything from the stoic HQ.

"Allegedly!" Bender asserts with a 'catch me if you can, chumps' attitude about it. "Now with the world's number one anchorman at my side, you'll never get that report to air. Not until we decide it suits our purposes, anyway.. muwhahaha" He high fives Miss_Niki for recognizing the potential greatness with Ron_Burgundy Fry and Bender in charge of the delivery wing of creamy Philadelphia's various criminal enterprises. 

"I'd like to also thank the chairman, head honcho, Mr Numero Uno, Ronin for his ability to recognize Cato's decision as a good one." Bender walks towards Ronin with his arms out. Ronin immediately starts feeling uneasy as the staggering, but good looking newly bold approaches him. He fidgets for a moment, thinking of how he can get out of the situation with a display of dignity. He fails to think fast enough, however. Bender wraps his arms around Ronin "Thaaaanks! heheheh" Ronin was too busy trying to maintain a smile for the people who were watching, to make it look like he was comfortable and okay with the situation he found himself in, to realize Bender has just lifted his wallet from his back pocket. 

"Unless any other chumps want to give me congratulatory hugs, I think I'll be going now." Bender struts off, fingering through the thick wad of paper monies he'd acquired. Thinking about all the nachos, beer and floozies he could afford with it.

Report Post Tip

"Once you're all done over there, It might be worth taking some time for everyone to come see how good I look. If you haven't heard of me yet, that's a shame. Im Ron Burgundy and I am kind of a big deal; I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

With a slight stagger it had become readily apparent that Ron had enjoyed some extra scotch with breakfast. Luckily he was employed by Bender who never questioned an extra drink, but rather encouraged it as a way to free "creativity" during working hours. Through his inebriation Ron wanted to ensure the fine people of the streets knew he appreciated them coming out and showing good will towards the new Planet Express venture.

"Either way thank you to everyone who came out to show support, even if your name is Miss_Niki and you fancy accusing pawn shop owners of less than reputable practices, and of course thank you for the recognition of my manliness Cato. Be sure to tune into channel 4 news and as always stay classy folks!"

With that Ron headed of to get to work on the new task at hand.

Report Post Tip

Kira had made a visit to Bella Vista, PH he had a set date with his girlfriend they would to go sight seeing after some time of being with each other for some time they saw a group of members bragging about a robot so they went to see what the commotion was about... The robot was getting auth to make a name for himself and they were giving a toast in his honor Kira raised his flask in the honor of the robot named Bender and wished the best of luck in his new position.

Report Post Tip

DeanWinchester was just arriving, fashionably late, and the first thing he saw was Bender awkwardly hugging Godfather Ronin. 'What the hell?' he thought to himself. He didn't think robots could ever show affection, since they're basically machines. He shrugged and took a picture of the awkwardness. He loved having things to blackmail Ronin with. He shoved everything away and made his way up to the man robot of the hour.

"Congratulations, Bender! I would wish you luck, but I know you don't need it. You have the brai- er, components and huma- uh, robot instinct all great leaders need. Congratulations once more!"

Dean backed off before he got stuck in one of those hugs himself. He ran off to hide behind ConnorMcDavid so he had a shield if necessary.

Report Post Tip

Dave Skylark is wondering the streets of Philly where he had headed whispers of a gathering in the centre of the streets, Dave been a nosey person he made sure he was at the point. Dave seen Cato arriving with a few people and stood and listen to Cato make there speech after finishing Dave stood forward from the crowd. 

"Congratulations Bender on your new position in the city of Philly, I want to wish you all the best my friend."

Dave Skylark nods to Bender and takes a step back into the crowd. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Robot Goes Bold
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL