Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 17:12:14
Page:  1 
The Journey of Trixie - Part One Started by: Trixie on Dec 09, '09 23:50

As she stepped off the boat, feeling the cool New York breeze sting against her face, Trixie knew she made the right decision to leave her life behind in search of a new one.

It didn't really matter where she went, as long as she did, and New York seemed as good a place as any. With a few dollars in her pocket and a small bag containing her life, she wandered the streets in search of work, thinking of her older sister Theresa, who'd looked after her since their parents died all those years ago. If it wasn't for that bastard she called a husband, maybe things wouldn't have come to this. Frankie was tight with money and loose with his fists, as my sisters poor body was showing more and more these days. I tried to warn her that she might not wake up from one of his drink fuelled rages, but love huh? It was time for Trixie to leave when she received a backhand to the face trying to protect her sister, it wasn't gonna to get any better than this and she sure as hell wasn't stickin' around to be a punch bag for this lowlife.

The first day was tough. Trixie was warned of the dangers of the streets, taking it with a pinch of salt, as she seemed to have little choice. Hoping to find some familiar work in a bar to tide her over till something permanent came along...instead Trixie found that black eyes aren't exactly a good look to be serving drinks with.

Feeling dejected and with little money to squander on a place to sleep, she made her way to the Salvation Army shelter, desperate for something to eat and a safe place to rest her head. Sipping a weak coffee and chewing a donut, she recounted the day's events and the people who approached her with warnings and offers of a new way of life. She'd kept her head down and moved along, realising her naivety, whilst warming her hands on this cup of Christian charity.

Night seemed endless. She laid quietly beckoning sleep to find her, listening to the stories of other women nearby, talking of how hopeless things were. No work, no homes, no food. The great depression was getting to everyone, desperate times calling for desperate measures and she had little chance of competing, with bruises still ripe on her face.

As tears made their way to her tired green eyes, she wondered at what the morning would bring in this new life...destitute? Prostitute? Death? She shuddered, thinking of her beautiful sister, her only family and wished she had got a chance to say goodbye...

Report Post Tip

She finished listening to the story and nodded her head, "It's so heart breaking!" She said to the person next to her, "I can't wait to read the next part..."

Report Post Tip

He nods in agreement with Nora, who was sitting beside him...

"Me too, It reminds me of how my parents first started when they arrived here in New York."

he said, hanging on for the next part....

Report Post Tip

Lada sighs as she listens. Tears starting to stream down her face.

Truly sad to hear of such a beast of a man. They are all too common these days. 

Lada sighs as she turns to leave. 

Report Post Tip

"Not everyone my dear." he tell Lada who was sitting on the other side. He hands her his hankie.

"Such a sad story, but Im sure it has a happy ending." he tells Trix, hoping that she would continue her tale.

Report Post Tip

Lada accepts the hankie and wipes her eyes.

Maybe not but there are many. 

Report Post Tip

Fortunately, she was brave and smart enough to get away from that environment. I wish her sister soon does the same. Maybe we will get to meet her soon.

Report Post Tip

Sikey came running into the room his cheeks were red but his pockets were now empty! How could i have been so foolish?

"Hey little lady! wipe your tears that look does not become you"

With that he continues his chase and runs out into the cold dark night. As he does all he can see in his minds eye are those piercing green eyes!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Journey of Trixie - Part One
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL